IGNORED

Rugby World Cup

Well deserved for South Africa. We couldn't stop making mistakes and they were great in defence.

They beat us in the set pieces and we couldn't deal with their up and unders.

Had Farrell got those 3 points to narrow the game it might have gone differently but I think it was a momentum shifter.

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Had Farrell got those 3 points to narrow the game it might have gone differently but I think it was a momentum shifter.

Was when we went through 25 phases including being inches from their line and came away with just three points (from the longest advantage I've ever seen played in my life) that I thought we were done. Brilliant story for SA and will mean so much for the country, if we couldn't win it I'm glad we took NZ out so that they could.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Was when we went through 25 phases including being inches from their line and came away with just three points (from the longest advantage I've ever seen played in my life) that I thought we were done. Brilliant story for SA and will mean so much for the country, if we couldn't win it I'm glad we took NZ out so that they could.

Yeh very true, we really needed to convert that opportunity. I am still not sure why they spread it wide when it looked like a matter of time before one of the forwards would get over the line. Its not even as if we had sucked SA in and had a clear opportunity. Our passing in that situation was poor all game.