IGNORED

Rugby World Cup

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

We were unplayable, if we can defend like that in the final with the same intensity then it’s got to be our cup. 

Many saying finest ever England performance and I've certainly never seen better; we never gave NZ a sniff apart from the momentary brain fart that gave them their try, the intensity from first minute to last was astounding and we totally blew them away. Two VAR disallowed tries as well (first decision was right, second wrong imo). Still might have been a squeaky finish if NZ indiscipline hadn't got that penalty decision reversed but 100% deserved win.

Just hope we play SA in the final, we have a habit of caving at times against the Taffs:unsure:

2 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

The pincer formation was perfect. The Haka, in my opinion, has just devolved into a show piece and is just a way for NZ to market their rugby team. England just set themselves up to steal the limelight and it worked. Everyone was more entertained by what England were doing and that shifted the focus away from NZ

I actually missed it live to be honest so not yet seen it, was sorting brekkie, but I recorded it so I'll have a look later. Thus far I've not given in to the temptation of rugby "brekkie" being a four pack but I think that might change next Saturday!

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

It was interesting. They formed a V formation and encroached into the NZ half prompting the referee to have a meltdown. It wasn't rude or aggressive, it just drew attention to England rather than NZ and was funny to see some of the smirks and referee not knowing what to make of it.

That’s got Eddie Jones written all over it. I didn’t watch it (I’m not a fan) but I like him and he’s such a shithouse. And I mean that as a compliment. 

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That’s got Eddie Jones written all over it. I didn’t watch it (I’m not a fan) but I like him and he’s such a shithouse. And I mean that as a compliment. 

You were probably busy watching the British Lions RL team get beaten by a Tonga invitational XIII eh Mark? Momentous stuff that😂.

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

You were probably busy watching the British Lions RL team get beaten by a Tonga invitational XIII eh Mark? Momentous stuff that😂.

I wasn't actually :lol:. Heard about the result and just shook my head. I like rugby but it's not a passion of mine, so I wasn't arsed. Our result today though... 

If I was a betting man I'd certainly be investing a bit on Wales; 9/1 at the moment in a three horse race is good value, I think they have a better chance than the odds suggest.

Really hope I'm wrong though:D. We used to have a few of the leek eaters here regularly, shame they're not still about.

PS; I hate leeks, if you're going to be an onion be a 'king onion, not a pretend one with a hint of onion flavour, horrible things!

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Going to be SA and I think I prefer that, Wales always seem to find a way to piss on our chips.

Plenty of catching practice coming up for England in the next week, because SA are going to kick and run all game. 
I think if it was Wales the nerves would be jangling, against SA we will be focused with less doubts. 
Hit Deklurk ( don’t know how to spell his name) with a 22st full force hit in the 1st few minutes and send him to bench, that should stop their boring kicking. 

On 21/10/2019 at 12:40, MikeO said:

Jack Nowell going to be fit apparently, you think he'd be a better option? Serious question that I don't know the answer to, I love watching it but many of the technical niceties go way over my head. 

On 24/10/2019 at 18:49, MikeO said:

@Baileyas it seems like it's pretty much the two of us in this what do you think is the best way to deal with the Haka on Saturday? Personally I'd like to see us get in a huddle and ignore it rather than trying to face them down, though that might be deemed disrespectful; I certainly don't want to see us "accepting" the challenge, I want to see us wholly focused on what we have to do. 

On 26/10/2019 at 11:01, MikeO said:

What a performance, scoreline doesn't do us justice, could've been 24/26-0.

Sorry MikeO, bit slow on the uptake on this thread, didn't mean to ignore you!

I don't watch enough Premiership rugby to know who would be better. Luckily NZ didn't really test him but if SA play like they did against Wales then he will be under a lot more pressure. Slade played there at one point this World Cup but I couldn't confidently say he is the answer.

In respect of the Haha I thought what they did was brilliant. Can't believe there has been so much hoohar about it. I used to "know" the Haka but it seems to be getting more and more theatrical each time. The words seem to have changed too, either that or my hearing has got worse!

It was some performance, as complete of a performance bar that one major hiccup at the line out.  I just hope that all the guys with knocks can get themselves fit and play against South Africa as it would be a real shame for them to miss out. 

It was the "Ka Mate, Ka Mate" etc that was the classic Haka for me @Bailey. Bit of research suggests they stopped using it in 2005 but I don't know why.

Alarm set for the morning, surely only complacency will stop us winning; and as much as the players can say that they're restarting there has to be a little voice in the back of the head saying, "...we destroyed the All-Blacks, these are nothing.." so I'm still a bit nervy. Only way we'll possibly lose is if "what's going on between the ears" comes into play; SA also have a great back story if Siya Kolisi gets to lift the cup, looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

It was the "Ka Mate, Ka Mate" etc that was the classic Haka for me @Bailey. Bit of research suggests they stopped using it in 2005 but I don't know why.

Alarm set for the morning, surely only complacency will stop us winning; and as much as the players can say that they're restarting there has to be a little voice in the back of the head saying, "...we destroyed the All-Blacks, these are nothing.." so I'm still a bit nervy. Only way we'll possibly lose is if "what's going on between the ears" comes into play; SA also have a great back story if Siya Kolisi gets to lift the cup, looking forward to it!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=new+zealand+gaka&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3dnew%2bzealand%2bgaka%26form%3dEDGEAR%26qs%3dPF%26cvid%3dd5accb61c56f45a2a51a238a77423705%26cc%3dGB%26setlang%3den-US%26plvar%3d0%26PC%3dLCTS&mmscn=vwrc&view=detail&mid=F52DBABBDCC1F90C0977F52DBABBDCC1F90C0977&rvsmid=125427A53BD2C4020652125427A53BD2C4020652&FORM=VDQVAP

is this the one you meant Mike?

Seeing as it's a final I thought I'd give Union another go. I honestly see absolutely nothing about it that would make someone keep watching it - where's the ability? It's just a game of who's the strongest and then kick it high into the opposition's half and either hope they make a mistake or you take the high ball.

Still, I hope England win even if I'm asleep by that point.