IGNORED

Manchester United (Away) Sunday April 3

markjazzbassist

All the managers of those clubs did their homework on us. We don't have a plan B, certainly not one we can change to in the middle of a game. Our lack to tactical nous is our weakness.

That's the thing John - other managers watch all games, they see how teams nullify threats and deal with the strengths of the opposition. It happened with Moyes - the rigid 4-5-1 with Baines and Pienaar reaped results till managers sussed it out. Once it was sussed Moyes was found wanting.

Its different with Martinez - he is arrogant enough to think that we don't need to change things - more to the point I don't think he has permutations like a chess player does "if he does this, I will do this, if he does that then it means we need to change that".

There is a genuine theme in the side that we can't adapt - we can't adjust to what the opponents do. More to the point - they have lost belief in themselves and the manager.

If we win the cup it will feel a bit of a fraud and will feel like we have put lipstick on a pig. Winning it in 95 was a great feeling, we came through a season where Joe Royle gave us an identity - dogs of war, a team on the recovery who showed that spirit can take relegation candidates to a higher level - a far smaller but similar scenario to Leicester.

We need change big time in many areas of the club and a cup win may be putting a plaster on a wound.

I am somewhere between frustrated with and angry at Barkley. My standard complaint against him, last season and this, has been that he seems to want to dribble the ball into the net rather than blast it from the edge of the box. He's powerful coming forward, holds off defenders, has a powerful shot. He just doesn't shoot enough.

But against both Arsenal and ManU, he looked uninterested. Look at the many harsh comments about him in this thread and in the Arsenal thread. It's not just, maybe not at all, his football brain. It's his strange unwillingness even to try to control the game. He disappears, regularly. And does he get into the box for Deulofeu's crosses? Naismith would be in the box.

Does Barkley deserve to start next weekend? No.

Let's see Mirallas Lennon Deulofeu. Bring Cleverley on, if any of these 3 are struggling, at 60 minutes. Maybe Niasse. Unless we're truly desperate, let Barkley sit.

All the managers of those clubs did their homework on us. We don't have a plan B, certainly not one we can change to in the middle of a game. Our lack to tactical nous is our weakness.

The writing was on the wall with his insistence with playing Howard. One example, but a big one. Stubborn as a fuckin' pissed-off mule.

But you still need to ask the question; why have we got the most talented squad in thirty years? Who's responsible for that? But everyone wants him sacked.

If Moshiri does what you all want and get rid then you need to get get on your knees and thank Roberto for the team he's put together, but nobody will because pack mentality has set in when that happens reason goes out of the window.

Thank him for what, two consecutive years of underachieving mediocrity? This is not the best squad we have had in 30 years because they do not know how to win, it is nonsense to suggest this lot are better than, say, the team of Cahill, Arteta, Osman, Pienaar et al. Which team do you honestly think would win between this lot and the Moyes side of 5/6 years ago? I know who my money would be on. And come next season two, three, four of those 'phenomenal talents' will have jumped ship anyway.

And no, it is not pack mentality. I'd say it's a pretty rational response to watching a team play without passion, hunger and the nouse to win games the way, say, Leicester do. I would swap our entire squad of underachieving lazy arseholes for 21 players with the heart they have and a manager who knows how to utilise it. So no, I won't thank Martinez for fuck all, because he has given us fuck all.