IGNORED

Manchester United (Away) Sunday April 3

markjazzbassist

MikeO is a clever and wise man, he knows his own support is not limitless. Just like mine. I know you only mean it light hearted...but a message to all those who have doubted Martinez from day 1...there is no glory in this situation.

And if anyone does glory in it then they're shite Everton fans.

Martinez is on the verge of wasting the most talented Everton squad in 30 years. If our new billionaire owner has the cojones that I think he has then Martinez is on borrowed time - and rightly so.

But you still need to ask the question; why have we got the most talented squad in thirty years? Who's responsible for that? But everyone wants him sacked.

If Moshiri does what you all want and get rid then you need to get get on your knees and thank Roberto for the team he's put together, but nobody will because pack mentality has set in when that happens reason goes out of the window.

But you still need to ask the question; why have we got the most talented squad in thirty years? Who's responsible for that? But everyone wants him sacked.

If Moshiri does what you all want and get rid then you need to get get on your knees and thank Roberto for the team he's put together, but nobody will because pack mentality has set in when that happens reason goes out of the window.

Just because someone is capable of building a Bugatti doesn't mean they're able to drive it.

Fuck, I've joined Haf!

Edited by Romey 1878

Oh he's here. Thank goodness. The calm has entered the forum!

You got to admit though Mike, it's getting bloody tough.

Just because someone is capable of building a Bugatti doesn't mean they're able to drive it.

Fuck, I've joined Haf!

Lol but spot on. Many of us have said Martinez would make a great sporting director. Knows a philosophy and is excellent at scouting and signing players. He just is awful tactically and game management wise.

I've been backing Ross even during the last few weeks but after today he deserves to be benched. Did nothing. Lazy and although he never defends, today he didn't even really offer much going forward. Play kev or Gerry there next match.

Guest rusty747

I like Martinez. I am sure he is a nice guy, good family man etc. He is also a great student of the game. Where he treads on his dick imho is translating the theory into practice.

He has proven so many times that he cannot make the right changes at the right time in a match. He has also demonstrated (from what we have seen on the pitch) that there is no co ordinated structure to our play, that our defensive frailty is down largely to his belief in just trying to score one goal more than the opposition and, when it all turns to rat shit, he demonstrates his stubborness and refuses to change a losing set up, put together by his losing ideology.

He has to go.

Edited by rusty747

Van Gaal has said United were lucky, strangely nobody's mentioned that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35955273

I saw it. He said they were lucky they got the win, as we could have taken it if we finished the chances we had.

Any one of us would say their win was lucky. Neither team really did all that much to 100% deserve the win. As LVG pointed out, though, we started with a different set up than he had predicted, and then he had to switch up their play. On the other hand, while we created a few good opportunities (the two best came off of those useless set-pieces), we were mostly all over the place and reliant upon hard work and lucky bounces instead of making it easier upon ourselves by structuring our game plan tactically around what they were showing us.

I'm not a "Martinez Out!" person, but I have serious doubts about his coaching abilities. He knows the game well, and he's shown that he can put together a specific game plan and have us execute it (the big win against Arsenal with Rom out wide in his first season being the best example). And, while he has tinkered with the formation/lineup and planned specifically for the opposition here and there this season, for the most part we've seen him put out sides with aimless play or sides that he refuses to make tactical changes with if things aren't going our way. He's let the players take games off. He's also energized players for big games. What we've had most often, like today, are 8-9 energized players working really hard but doing it without a structure, leading to constant breakdowns offensively and defensively. He puts too much of the onus on the players and not enough on himself setting them up for success. Often, we just look like we're playing a pickup game.

Except nobody did.

I am. Though, our win would have also been lucky. However, we SHOULD have beat this team. Look at their starting XI compared to ours. We should have been salivating. We should have played more through balls into the middle in the final third to test that abysmal back line of theirs. We should have done a lot of things. Neither team deserved it on the day. They were as bad as we were for the most part. But, they made adjustments and we didn't.

MikeO is a clever and wise man, he knows his own support is not limitless. Just like mine. I know you only mean it light hearted...but a message to all those who have doubted Martinez from day 1...there is no glory in this situation.

Of course I'm just busting balls. I respect you guys for still sticking by RM - I don't agree with it or necessarily understand it - but its all cool brother.

We're all EFC fans - that is the bottom line. We all think we know what is the best for the team, but of course we probably don't. When it comes down to it, we all just want this team to be successful, win trophies, etc so we sometimes let our hearts get ahead of our minds - I'll be the first to admit that. Whatever happens will happen.

COYB.

Van Gaal has said United were lucky, strangely nobody's mentioned that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35955273

From my view Mike, although I feel we were unlucky to lose...we conceded a shit goal, hit the bar etc, it comes down to how many more times can I sit and say 'oh, we deserved more from that'? It seems we quite often 'deserve more' than we get...we seem to be 'unlucky' more times than any other team...eventually, you think that your just trying to find another excuse for another throw away of points. And then you start asking yourself 'at what point are we going to get what we deserve from these games?' What's stopping us from getting points from these games?

So frustrating.

I thought we worked hard for the most part and, if it wasn't for Seamus ball watching, we never really under threat. First half was good, but we lost all faith after that sloppy goal.

The resorting to hoofball and then having no one within 10-20 yards of Rom was so fucking annoying. He seemed to work harder yesterday but got no support whatsoever. Twatting it upfield isn't direct football, its down to panic and lack of creativity and that's largely on Ross' shoulders. Barkley really needs to stay closer to him so he's not having to win the aerial challenge and the flick on at the same time. Don't know why Ross was sitting so deep yesterday, we were almost playing 4321.

Lennon, TC and McCarthy ran themselves ragged, Stones looked something like the player we all loved last season, Jags (bar his finishing) was excellent. Baines' best contribution was ironically running up through the centre of the park but his delivery was 50/50. The less said about Coleman the better, same for Mirallas and Niasse who were both dire and offered nothing.

My MOTM would've been Geri if he had stayed on, he gave them a torrid time. Great to see him back :)

Guest rusty747

From my view Mike, although I feel we were unlucky to lose...we conceded a shit goal, hit the bar etc, it comes down to how many more times can I sit and say 'oh, we deserved more from that'? It seems we quite often 'deserve more' than we get...we seem to be 'unlucky' more times than any other team...eventually, you think that your just trying to find another excuse for another throw away of points. And then you start asking yourself 'at what point are we going to get what we deserve from these games?' What's stopping us from getting points from these games?

So frustrating.

It reminds me of a great quote from the golfer, Gary Player. After a bad tee shot on a par 3 he was off the green and about 40 yards from the hole. Undaunted, he took out his wedge and holed from 40 yards for a birdie. The comment from a supporter after his fantastic shot was 'That was bloody lucky.'

Players superb reply was 'Yes, it's funny though how the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get isn't it?'

I feel that this is what Everton are missing more than anything else - a core game plan to fall back on when they are struggling in a game.

I thought we worked hard for the most part and, if it wasn't for Seamus ball watching, we never really under threat. First half was good, but we lost all faith after that sloppy goal.

The resorting to hoofball and then having no one within 10-20 yards of Rom was so fucking annoying. He seemed to work harder yesterday but got no support whatsoever. Twatting it upfield isn't direct football, its down to panic and lack of creativity and that's largely on Ross' shoulders. Barkley really needs to stay closer to him so he's not having to win the aerial challenge and the flick on at the same time. Don't know why Ross was sitting so deep yesterday, we were almost playing 4321.

Lennon, TC and McCarthy ran themselves ragged, Stones looked something like the player we all loved last season, Jags (bar his finishing) was excellent. Baines' best contribution was ironically running up through the centre of the park but his delivery was 50/50. The less said about Coleman the better, same for Mirallas and Niasse who were both dire and offered nothing.

My MOTM would've been Geri if he had stayed on, he gave them a torrid time. Great to see him back :)

'Resorting to hoofball' gives the impression that it happened late in the game. In fact, it was noticeable early in the first-half. Rom didn't win many headers but he was so isolated that those he did win went to a defender. 'Having no one within 10/20 yards of Rom'?

Can't remember when anyone got as close as 10 yards. :D

'Resorting to hoofball' gives the impression that it happened late in the game. In fact, it was noticeable early in the first-half. Rom didn't win many headers but he was so isolated that those he did win went to a defender. 'Having no one within 10/20 yards of Rom'?

Can't remember when anyone got as close as 10 yards. :D

I know, maybe I didn't phrase myself properly. If Geri wasn't available, booooom! Up it went.

Thought he won a fair few but lost a fair few too. Wasn't his best game but he at least put the effort in.

I know, maybe I didn't phrase myself properly. If Geri wasn't available, booooom! Up it went.

Thought he won a fair few but lost a fair few too. Wasn't his best game but he at least put the effort in.

It was concerning the number of times Blind who is a fair bit smaller had him in the air (and physically) - he stands underneath the ball and leaves himself a standing jump (which is less) and lets the defender get the run on him negating his height advantage.

I said elsewhere - I played against a lad who was 6ft 10 - I'm 5ft 11 at a push. I was DM and this lad clearly was a beanpole all his life - I think he won one header all game. He stood under where the ball was going to land - I used a 5 m run up, and got above him every time - easy.

when a cross comes in and rom has a stride and gets up - he can't be beaten.

Tim Cahill and Les Ferdinand despite not being the tallest were masters of using a run and jump - they would be moving into the ball. It all comes from getting a read and predicting where the ball will be at your highest point. I want to know what Ferguson is doing - because for me Rom could have the best teacher for this.

It was concerning the number of times Blind who is a fair bit smaller had him in the air (and physically) - he stands underneath the ball and leaves himself a standing jump (which is less) and lets the defender get the run on him negating his height advantage.

I said elsewhere - I played against a lad who was 6ft 10 - I'm 5ft 11 at a push. I was DM and this lad clearly was a beanpole all his life - I think he won one header all game. He stood under where the ball was going to land - I used a 5 m run up, and got above him every time - easy.

when a cross comes in and rom has a stride and gets up - he can't be beaten.

Tim Cahill and Les Ferdinand despite not being the tallest were masters of using a run and jump - they would be moving into the ball. It all comes from getting a read and predicting where the ball will be at your highest point. I want to know what Ferguson is doing - because for me Rom could have the best teacher for this.

Can't disagree with that. Blind played the best I've seen him play!

Can't disagree with that. Blind played the best I've seen him play!

He did what you need to do against Rom, tight on his back and don't let him turn and face you up. I've seen it done a few times this season - otamendi, Dann, Olsenn, Blind, Gabriel - he needs a partner up front to take the focus off him and that's why Kone worked when he was playing well.

He did what you need to do against Rom, tight on his back and don't let him turn and face you up. I've seen it done a few times this season - otamendi, Dann, Olsenn, Blind, Gabriel - he needs a partner up front to take the focus off him and that's why Kone worked when he was playing well.

All the managers of those clubs did their homework on us. We don't have a plan B, certainly not one we can change to in the middle of a game. Our lack to tactical nous is our weakness.