IGNORED

Manchester United (Away) Sunday April 3

markjazzbassist

Fucking moyes performance that. Totally shit.

Well, honestly, with Moyes we would have at least had a shape. We had players working hard today, but no planning. We always seemed surprised that Player Y was wasn't where Player X expected them to be. Just looks like bad coaching all over the place. We were well-coached under Moyes, but we never changed to a Plan B. Under Martinez, we are poorly coached and full of artistry, but its like we are painting with blindfolds on.

Well, honestly, with Moyes we would have at least had a shape. We had players working hard today, but no planning. We always seemed surprised that Player Y was wasn't where Player X expected them to be. Just looks like bad coaching all over the place. We were well-coached under Moyes, but we never changed to a Plan B. Under Martinez, we are poorly coached and full of artistry, but its like we are painting with blindfolds on.

Zero synergy. Zero intent. No plan. Flying by the seat of our pants, but in an old broken down Cessna with one broken engine. But we do it with phenomenal character.

Frustrated. Again. And for the first time all of my frustration is felt towards Martinez.

The team went 1 down because LVG changed Uniteds play. Our players at that point looked like they had already lost. They looked like they had no belief that they'd get back in the game.

And that's Martinez que.

Fair enough, Mirrallas comes on. But then to just sit and wait...and wait...and wait until 87 minutes to make your next move is just shambolic. Players aren't just suddenly going to start creating chances when they have struggled for much of the game. Players who have struggled to hold onto the ball, to string 2 passes together etc aren't just suddenly going to turn it on. If their having a bad game, get them off.

For the very first time I am 100% pissed off at Martinez. Not because we lost...but because I don't feel he did enough to get us back into the game.

I don't know. I'm just angry today anyway to be honest.

Frustrated. Again. And for the first time all of my frustration is felt towards Martinez.

The team went 1 down because LVG changed Uniteds play. Our players at that point looked like they had already lost. They looked like they had no belief that they'd get back in the game.

And that's Martinez que.

Fair enough, Mirrallas comes on. But then to just sit and wait...and wait...and wait until 87 minutes to make your next move is just shambolic. Players aren't just suddenly going to start creating chances when they have struggled for much of the game. Players who have struggled to hold onto the ball, to string 2 passes together etc aren't just suddenly going to turn it on. If their having a bad game, get them off.

For the very first time I am 100% pissed off at Martinez. Not because we lost...but because I don't feel he did enough to get us back into the game.

I don't know. I'm just angry today anyway to be honest.

In Martinez' first season did we have a pod person in charge? Because that season he was bold with his changes. They made a difference and were always positive. But since that first season he's turned into a right shithouse.

We would have had a draw with moyes lol

Martinez gonna get pulled apart here but it's Colemans error that cost us today.

Not happy with Barkley. Lazy today

I get your sentiment. And I get that Coleman has fucked up.

But Martinez will get it because yet again he has not taken enough action to influence the game.

And that's coming from one of his biggest backers. Although, like Shukes, I'm running down to minimal % of confidence.

Guest rusty747

Martinez is on the verge of wasting the most talented Everton squad in 30 years. If our new billionaire owner has the cojones that I think he has then Martinez is on borrowed time - and rightly so.

Rally scrappy goal to concede. Jagielka should have scored when he hit the bar. He was under no pressure, clear header, should have got it on target. Everton kept hitting long balls up to Lukaku who didn't do anything with them. Blind, who is half is size, had him in his pocket. Barkley dribbles about in mid-field without achieving anything.

In Martinez' first season did we have a pod person in charge? Because that season he was bold with his changes. They made a difference and were always positive. But since that first season he's turned into a right shithouse.

And you touch another nerve there.

That really pisses me off. If I'm Martinez, I'm asking myself what have I changed since that first season? And I'm doing my absolute best to get back to it. I'm getting all the senior players in and I'm finding out what made it so impactful. There's nothing wrong with holding your hands up and saying 'I've tweaked it to much here, let's go back a step' but there is a problem with persisting with a flawed plan.

There's something to this point, probably something important.

It's extremely frustrating that almost every goal we score has to be the result of some miraculous luck or a momentous display of skill. Almost never do we score because we execute something. We've grown increasingly imprecise in our structured play. This is why we can't win at home or when we have all of the ball. We make it easy for the defending team. We're a threat on the counter attack, because we don't give our opposition a chance to get set, and our skilled players make something happen at speed. It's an absolute joke that, with the players we have, we can't boss teams. Our players are highly skilled, more so than most of our opposition. Yet, we see teams of lesser skilled players play a more precise and controlled game. Currently, there are many of those such teams above us in the table. Though the players have to share some blame, there's only so much they can do with skill alone.

And you touch another nerve there.

That really pisses me off. If I'm Martinez, I'm asking myself what have I changed since that first season? And I'm doing my absolute best to get back to it. I'm getting all the senior players in and I'm finding out what made it so impactful. There's nothing wrong with holding your hands up and saying 'I've tweaked it to much here, let's go back a step' but there is a problem with persisting with a flawed plan.

He got rid of the fitness coaches and we've never replaced them by the looks of it.

It's extremely frustrating that almost every goal we score has to be the result of some miraculous luck or a momentous display of skill. Almost never do we score because we execute something. We've grown increasingly imprecise in our structured play. This is why we can't win at home or when we have all of the ball. We make it easy for the defending team. We're a threat on the counter attack, because we don't give our opposition a chance to get set, and our skilled players make something happen at speed. It's an absolute joke that, with the players we have, we can't boss teams. Our players are highly skilled, more so than most of our opposition. Yet, we see teams of lesser skilled players play a more precise and controlled game. Currently, there are many of those such teams above us in the table. Though the players have to share some blame, there's only so much they can do with skill alone.

This is so spot on IMO.

This is so spot on IMO.

Listening to Roberto's and LVG's post-match interviews, this couldn't be any clearer. Roberto spoke nothing of the tactics of the game; didn't want to touch it. LVG said we set up and played differently than he expected, which meant he had to switch things up. They win. We lose.

Perhaps, with a little more luck, we should have won today. But, we shouldn't need luck.