IGNORED

Neville Southall

Hafnia

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-legend-neville-southall-finally-11450724

About bloody time. The best bar none.

People rave about Schmeichel? Nev was better. The only thing Schmeichel had on him was one on ones maybe - shot stopping? Southall is probably the best there will ever be.

I used to be disgusted if he let in a goal... unfair but that was the expectations he set for an 8 year old kids.

If I ever meet an Everton player I often bring southall up. He was the boss by all accounts - no one messed with him, chip him in training (as more johnson did) and he would flatten you for disrespecting him. Had a volvo estate (useful for purposes I won't go into).

• 4 months later...

But too young to have seen him in his prime...and he's still the best I've seen live...the fa cup last minute is always a favourite of mine

To be honest he was almost as good in that game as you will have seen in the 80's.... it was his "throw back" performance.

I was spoilt... he was the first goalkeeper I ever seen live. Every single week photographers had the ability to take amazing shots of this goalkeeper flying through the air getting his hand onto a ball. Look through any pics, absolutely incredible agility for a big fella.

Don't give a shit what anyone says- he was better than Schmeichel by a reasonable stretch.

To be honest he was almost as good in that game as you will have seen in the 80's.... it was his "throw back" performance.

I was spoilt... he was the first goalkeeper I ever seen live. Every single week photographers had the ability to take amazing shots of this goalkeeper flying through the air getting his hand onto a ball. Look through any pics, absolutely incredible agility for a big fella.

Don't give a shit what anyone says- he was better than Schmeichel by a reasonable stretch.

Best in the World at his peak. Not too many better ever; Gordon Banks maybe, Jennings, Sepp Maier, Yashin, Casillas about on a level. Probably forgot a few.