IGNORED

Are the Olympics overshadowing EPL excitement?

Seems like here in the USA that the Olympics are overshadowing the EPL kickoff. Part of that, I think, is that the network that shows the EPL in the US, NBC, also has rights to the Olympics. But I just haven't seen the preview shows here in the US that I remember seeing the past few years. How is it in the UK? I can't remember the dates when the Olympics were in London in 2012, but did it overlap with the EPL and did it effect the hype levels?

Personally, I can't freaking wait. Given the new players and managers in the EPL this season, this sets up to be a very interesting season.

Seems like here in the USA that the Olympics are overshadowing the EPL kickoff. Part of that, I think, is that the network that shows the EPL in the US, NBC, also has rights to the Olympics. But I just haven't seen the preview shows here in the US that I remember seeing the past few years. How is it in the UK? I can't remember the dates when the Olympics were in London in 2012, but did it overlap with the EPL and did it effect the hype levels?

Personally, I can't freaking wait. Given the new players and managers in the EPL this season, this sets up to be a very interesting season.

Maybe it's overshadowing things for the American's because you actually have a lot of success in the Olympics and don't really have anyone of any note playing in the PL?

Maybe it's overshadowing things for the American's because you actually have a lot of success in the Olympics and don't really have anyone of any note playing in the PL?

Hey, an American 20 year old started for Sunderland today!

The biggest issue is NBC isn't paying any attention to it because of they Olympics. Our match was on their business network today, CNBC. I had to search for it on my tv because I've never tuned to that channel before. Last season they had a week of preview shows before kick-off, probably because they didn't have any other content to put on.