IGNORED

Anthony Knockaert

http://www.espnfc.us/story/3123702/everton-eye-move-for-brighton-winger-anthony-knockaert-sources

Winger from Brighton. Anyone know anything about him or remember him playing for Leicester? Seems strange that Brighton would consider selling their best player after promotion to the prem, so this may be a longshot.

Edited by nyblue23

I don't agree, i have seen quite a bit of Brighton this season and he is a decent player certainly no worse than Mirallas or Bolasse, also it's pretty obvious that Koeman doesn't seem to rate Lookman very highly he hardly ever plays

Lookman has come from League 1, so I dare say the amount he has played shows that Koeman does rate him. Very much so in fact.

Exactly if he did not rate him he would have included him in so many match day squads or had him with the first team

Koeman does not tolerate poor players.

He started 4 or 5 games in a row at one point as well.

And I seem to remember when he had that run Koeman saying something along the lines of Lookman having really impressed him in training, showing he was much better than had been anticipated, and that he'd forced him to change the plan they'd had for Lookman. Which was probably to mostly have him playing U23 football.

He started 4 or 5 games in a row at one point as well.

And I seem to remember when he had that run Koeman saying something along the lines of Lookman having really impressed him in training, showing he was much better than had been anticipated, and that he'd forced him to change the plan they'd had for Lookman. Which was probably to mostly have him playing U23 football.

Yeah I think he definitely rates Lookman. Still think we're short on depth in that position, though. Basically have an injured Bolasie, Lookman and Mirallas as players most comfortable in that slot; everyone else has been makeshift barring Lennon and Deulofeu who probably won't return. Don't know enough about the Championship to make a comment, but does getting player of the year in the division say a little something? Maybe he's improved a bit since his Leicester days? Fifteen goals for a winger is a lot, but he doesn't have the record in previous seasons so I guess I shouldn't expect anywhere near that sort of production in the Premier League.