IGNORED

Bad news for American Evertonians

If you don't follow Everton from the U.S., this thread won't interest you. But if you live in the U.S., listen up.

NBCSN will no longer show every EPL match on TV. This season, of the 380 EPL matches, 250 will be broadcast (NBCSN, CNBC, NBC). The other 130 will now be available only behind a paywall, $50 for the season. Supposedly, all 20 EPL teams will have a minimum of 3 of their matches available only through the new "Premier League Pass." Practically speaking, this means the matches of the Top 6 will still almost all be broadcast over the air.

But the rest of the League, good luck. From reading the article linked below, I'll estimate that roughly 10 of our matches will this season be available only streamed via "Premier League Pass." More if we are down to 10th or 12th by Spring, fewer if we're challenging for top 4.

Unless you already know about this change, you'll want to read this article carefully.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/06/30/premier-league-pass-faq-nbcs-replacement-premier-league-extra-time/

I wondered how long it would be before they started charging for PL in the US. Wont be long before you have to pay for all of it.

The UK model will be adopted...pay more for less! Or split the packages up amongst providers to make it fairer for consumers, so they say...which actually means having to pay even more to watch the same amount.

I wish PL would just do an online streaming package. I would pay 50-100 bucks to just watch any match on my phone computer iPad.

I think Sky TV are the problem here. They pay so much for the rights, and have been there from day 1, that I don't think the PL are brave enough to do such a thing.

It would be good though. Plus Sky subscription fees would tumble.

• 2 weeks later...