IGNORED

Apollon Limassol (Home Europa League Group Stage) Thursday Septemeber 28th

markjazzbassist

2 hours ago, Matt said:

What?! Gana is an energizer bunny, a box-to-box midfielder to create space and pester the opposition, why is that so hard to understand?

There's no comparison, between the players, but there's remarkable similarities between the arguments used for Gana and Hafs criticism of Rom.

Headless chicken comes to mind when I watch Gana. 

Look at the heat maps, he's doesn't get forward enough to create space, if anything he gets in Schneiderlin's way. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Yet we have more captains and "characters" than we have ever had.

I noticed Klaassen was first over to back DCL. Captain Jags, and the two destroyers in midfield aren't fiesty enough. Schneiderlin gives the ref an ear full but we need more fight from the side. 

I agree with pete0. Yes, Gana is full of energy but that energy is rarely being used for anything positive. Gana seems to like to precheck opponents but leave the player he was supposed to mark/cover. And that creates possibilities for the other team.

If anything he's a luxery-player and as most have realized by now (about bloody time too), playing two defensive midfielders does not work. It didn't work during Martinez, it doesn't work under Koeman.