IGNORED

Apollon Limassol (Home Europa League Group Stage) Thursday Septemeber 28th

markjazzbassist

The worst part about this that Atalanta and Lyon drew 1-1 meaning that if we had held onto our lead we'd be in 2nd and going through into the next round. As it stands we're bottom and whilst we're only a point away from going through it feels like a massive opportunity missed. How we allowed ourselves to concede from a set-piece so early after Limassol went to 10 men is criminal and Koeman has every right to be feeling pissed off. 

DCL had to score from that header too, it's a free shot unchallenged and on the edge of the six yard box. He's young and I'm not going to get on his back but that simply has to find the back of the net, it's the difference between going through and crashing out. 

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

anyone see the red card?  sounded like it was clear as day.

Shocking mate, looked intentional to me. Stamped on the back of DCL while he was on the floor and cause a bit of a panto. Kudos to the referee for seeing it and sending him on his way. 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Brilliant from Vlasic, DCL had to score then 

Vlasic looked fantastic when he came on and has to start against Burnley for me, he scored a goal and should have set one up when DCL missed at the end. I'd have him over our other ''wingers'' any day of the week at the moment. 

At home we should be beating Cyprus club teams 4,5,6 nil. Instead we scrape a draw.  I have lost any faith I had in Koeman, he seems clueless.  He started the wrong team tonight with the wrong tactics. With Niasse not available we only have one striker, DCL, so Koeman has him on the bench!  No wonder we hardly had a shot on goal in the first half.  There is something seriously wrong.

Apollon were the more alert, aggressive team the entire match.  Including on the tying goal, when several of our players were not ready for the free kick.

Now a longshot to make it out of group stage.

Baines and Vlasic played well, DCL a danger but missed a clear chance at the winner.

Unfortunately Williams will probably have to start again Sunday, as Jagielka and Keane are both doubtful.