IGNORED

Apollon Limassol (Home Europa League Group Stage) Thursday Septemeber 28th

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Jermaine Jena's has just hit the nail on the head, it's tactically all wrong. Rooney and Sigurdsson need players who will run into space and Koeman is not selecting them

Sandro was designated to run into space. Obviously he didn't performed this evening.

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

Jermaine Jena's has just hit the nail on the head, it's tactically all wrong. Rooney and Sigurdsson need players who will run into space and Koeman is not selecting them

Yep. And how much are we paying Koeman not to see that? It's actually embarrassing, everyone can see exactly why we are playing so poorly except him.

Keown spot on - Koeman has to take 100 per cent responsibility, he is not using his squad to the best of its ability. 

Exactly. So get him out.

2 minutes ago, nogs said:

Yep. And how much are we paying Koeman not to see that? It's actually embarrassing, everyone can see exactly why we are playing so poorly except him.

Keown spot on - Koeman has to take 100 per cent responsibility, he is not using his squad to the best of its ability. 

Exactly. So get him out.

Yep.....need to gt someone else in before this turns into a real crisis.

What about Ancelotti? 

Well crap.

Typical of us at the moment, could have won, should have won but managed to draw.

The thing I take from the game is that we looked so much better with one defensive midfielder and having Pace on the pitch. We had more options in the final third and much better movement.

I think Holgate played well enough to carry on at center back, he grew as the game went on, yes he got beaten for the header but it was a great ball and a great header.

Kenny played well and must be first choice right back now.

Baines was excellent.

Morgan was great in the second half when he had more options in front of him and didn't have Gana getting in his way.

Siggy was much better this game, some nice passes and movement, again much better in the second half.

Davies was ok, but clearly tired after the last match and needed to come off.

Valasic was great and should have started.

Rooney was up and down, much like his positioning, when he is playing up front he is a thfreat, when he is hunting the ball he is a liability.

Pickford could not be blamed for either goal.

Williams was crap.

Gana was poor, but I think that is because he is pushed forward by Morgan into a role that is not natural to him.

Koeman set them up wrong with Gana and Morgan, but changed things at half time and again when Davies tired.

Totally different when Vlasic and DCL came on.

But, Yeah, it's the same again and again. We can't keep doing this...keep relying on the changes to make the difference, when said players could start. Keep playing so slowly.

Then again, before the game, I thought the players starting had more than enough to do the job. But they didn't. So do I blame the manager or the players? Both really.

We played so much quicker once Vlasic and DCL came on. Before that, it was 3 or 4 touches before passing. Suddenly it was one touch football and moving forward quickly.

The team has it. The quality is there. But it just is not working. Koeman has to see it, or he'll lose his job. He can't just keep doing the same thing in hope that something will magically change.

On a plus note...really pleased to see how many young guys we have that look pretty decent players already.

No pace and yet every game he doesn’t learn?!! He then brings on pace and we look a different team. We were slow all round until DCL and Vlasic came on. I’m fed up of watching. It’s like continual repeats of previous games. I haven’t felt this negative since Mike Walker. 

But I can probably guess the lineup for Sunday 🤐

No excuses for tonight's show.. Aberdeen beat this lot 2-1 at home a couple of rounds ago but got beat over there 2-0. Lots of dirty tactics in Cyprus and a  13000 capacity stadium. Don't forget that even though they are not well known they have played in the group stages of the Europa league 4 years out of the last 7. Must be doing something right. 

16 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Sandro was designated to run into space. Obviously he didn't performed this evening.

How do you know that? I think from watching the team that he was told possession at all costs. If there’s not a 100%  chance of a successful pass forwards go sideways or back. I think that’s what they’re all briefed. All the players look scared to take a chance and I think I can recall only one dribble of note all night. 

13 minutes ago, solway toffee said:

Yep.....need to gt someone else in before this turns into a real crisis.

What about Ancelotti? 

Ancelotti has been sacked because it is well known he does zero coaching and the Bayern players, after feeling like they were working under a manager in Guardiola who wanted to improve them, felt they were getting nothing from him. I think we need a manager who can improve players because a lot of ours look shit.

Breaking News: Bayern, Barcelona and Real Madrid has made a move for Everton's manager Ronald Koeman. The approach was turned down moments ago. The clubs are disappointed that Everton is not allowing their prized manger to move abroad to enhance his career. Now, Bayern, Barcelona and Real Madrid has to look elsewhere to recruit a new manager for their U17's shoes and laundry wash section.

1 minute ago, xsaint08 said:

Why most of the time we pass the ball back? 

1) Martinez told them so in their dreams?

2) Players are clueless 

3) Players do not want to take responsibilities

4) Koeman, the ego prick's tactics are all wrong!

Sometimes you need to pass back. If nothing is on I don't Mind this. Something everton fans can't get there head around. If they play a ball forward for the same of it and lose it they get booed. If they play it back they get booed. We can't boo for booing sake. The players are clueless at the minute but some of our supporters are even more clueless. 

It's all about the set up. And fault lies with Koeman. Players can't go bad overnight. All our number 10's were match winning players at there old clubs. 

1 minute ago, yamar said:

Sometimes you need to pass back. If nothing is on I don't Mind this. Something everton fans can't get there head around. If they play a ball forward for the same of it and lose it they get booed. If they play it back they get booed. We can't boo for booing sake. The players are clueless at the minute but some of our supporters are even more clueless. 

It's all about the set up. And fault lies with Koeman. Players can't go bad overnight. All our number 10's were match winning players at there old clubs. 

Well said ... The players cannot turn rotten in few months, unless the manager screws up and does not play to their abilities ... As for back pass, I can accept occasional back passes, but recent times, we are seeing plenty , I meant plenty of back passes . Primarily because the players are clueless and do not know how to move the ball from defence to attack..in all, Koeman is a lunatic captain of our ship ..

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Gana isn't playing a DM tonight. He is the link, and he is doing it very well. He has been involved in everything we have done.

even Pete will see he has been our most creative player so far.

3 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

I don't think Pete actually sees him at all.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Thank fuck it's not just me that sees it! Bar one bad pass hes been my MOTM so far

Don't know what game you were watching. We set out to play short clever football, he slowed down everything and kept playing people into danger. He was that bad even his daddy subbed him. 

A few observations from me...

1) How many times must it be said? Schneiderlin and Gueye should not be playing together. It's like watching a broken pin-ball machine that can't get the ball up top.

2) Please please please can we see DC-L and Sandro play together up front? We need two, and we need both power and speed.

3) Koeman's strength apparently is organizing a defence, but it's the defence that's letting us down. We're not doing the basic things (e.g., marking players) right.

4) We're home against a mid-table side from Cyprus, yet in the first half we didn't win a single corner. That is pitiful.

5) The manager must choose teams based on form and not on how much players cost. Enough of making that same mistake week in and week out.

6) We must be practicing to play a team with a pitch that's 50 yards wide. I can think of no other reason for the complete lack of width. Lookman? Mirallas? Lennon?

This was an awful result - failing to win at home against a no-name team from Cyprus playing ten men. The manager should be ashamed.

But so as not to be solely negative...

While he should have scored at the end, DC-L's first touch (dare I say it) is wonderful. Now, if he can be a little more lethal in finishing we'll have a great striker on our hands. Plus, Vlasic is already showing considerable promise. IMO, if we are trying to get players to gel, then let those players be DC-L, Sandro, and Vlasic.

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

Don't know what game you were watching. We set out to play short clever football, he slowed down everything and kept playing people into danger. He was that bad even his daddy subbed him. 

He was the only one linking up play in the first half. If Rooney had been able to return a pass we would've had at least 4 other chances on goal. He was subbed for a more attacking player, purely tactical. You really are obsessed!

12 hours ago, Matt said:

Got what we deserved

Agreed.. Home game against a team we should score more.. instead we were no where near it... the opponent has more drive,determination and guts. As always, this season,our opponents are first to every second ball...in fact, i will rather say, they deserved the draw.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

He was the only one linking up play in the first half. If Rooney had been able to return a pass we would've had at least 4 other chances on goal. He was subbed for a more attacking player, purely tactical. You really are obsessed!

If anyone can defend that performance I'd argue they must be besotted with him. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

PeteO you are smiling behind your keyboard aren't you. I honestly believe your doing this because of Hafs Lukaku obsession.

i don't mean that rudely either, I believe it to be true. If I am right then please say haha.

if I am wrong and it truly is your belief, then I apologise.

Lukaku scored goals. What does Gana do? Genuinely rather play with 10 men. 

17 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Lukaku scored goals. What does Gana do? Genuinely rather play with 10 men. 

What?! Gana is an energizer bunny, a box-to-box midfielder to create space and pester the opposition, why is that so hard to understand?

There's no comparison, between the players, but there's remarkable similarities between the arguments used for Gana and Hafs criticism of Rom.

3 hours ago, xsaint08 said:

Agreed.. Home game against a team we should score more.. instead we were no where near it... the opponent has more drive,determination and guts. As always, this season,our opponents are first to every second ball...in fact, i will rather say, they deserved the draw.

Agree here: "drive, determination, guts."  This has been a problem in most of our matches this season.  Our players are more tentative than opponents, less alert, just "softer" in virtually every way.  Our players were not ready for that free kick, still getting "organized."

Koeman's comment that his players "are afraid of playing ... scared to play forward" speaks volumes.  About them, probably about him, too.

It is a boring commonplace in sport that winning coaches credit their players' "character."  Our players have not, so far this season, demonstrated the on-pitch mental and physical effort needed.

We can hope - I do - that as our players get used to each other, they will gain confidence and play differently.  They are a sad lot just now.

6 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Agree here: "drive, determination, guts."  This has been a problem in most of our matches this season.  Our players are more tentative than opponents, less alert, just "softer" in virtually every way.  Our players were not ready for that free kick, still getting "organized."

Koeman's comment that his players "are afraid of playing ... scared to play forward" speaks volumes.  About them, probably about him, too.

It is a boring commonplace in sport that winning coaches credit their players' "character."  Our players have not, so far this season, demonstrated the on-pitch mental and physical effort needed.

We can hope - I do - that as our players get used to each other, they will gain confidence and play differently.  They are a sad lot just now.

Yet we have more captains and "characters" than we have ever had.