IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

According to the Liverpool Echo, Portuguese ace Manuel Fernandes will undergo a medical on Merseyside today ahead of signing a five year deal at Goodison Park.

Everton are understood to have agreed fees with both Benfica and the investment bank that own the other half of the player.

Should Fernandes sign in the next 24 hours, he will be eligible to be part of Everton’s squad for Saturday’s visit to Reading.

dnt want huntelaar, unproven...only done it in dutch league, and me nan could score 20 a season there

That has to be the craziest thing ive heard in along time, man u, chelski, arsenal and numerous spanish clubs have all shown an interest in the past, arsenal did last season but were put off by the £15m price tag. are you saying that you don't think he's good enough for us then? we all know that you wanted smith, and i can see your point with yakubu, but huntelaar is in a different class to smith. as for the dutch league, i lived over there for a while in the days of the VDM ajax team, and it aint that bad.

Don't want Huntelaar, especially for £12m.

Don't believe Fernandes is having a medical either, heard no rumours at all that he has even agreed personal terms.

Don't know if he's having a medical but SSN have showed images of him arriving at Manchester Airport to come and discuss personal personal terms and have a medical.

On the subject of huuntellar.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy was banging out 32 goals in 31 appearances for PSV 99-00 season. Huntelaar scored 31 goals in 51 appearances for Ajax 06-07 season and 25 goals in 24 appearances 05-06 season. Clearly the quality of the Ajax team and their opponents needs to be taken into account but his goal scoring records for the last 2 seasons suggest he is a fairly good player.

Edited by Vintage

Don't know if he's having a medical but SSN have showed images of him arriving at Manchester Airport to come and discuss personal personal terms and have a medical.

manchester ??

when there is an airport in liverpool ??

man city ??

or am i just being paranoid!! :lol:

coybb sort this one out and were lafin!

If yu've ever been on holiday then you should know that not all planes go to John Lennon airport and you have to go to a different airport.

been on abroad millions of times just never took notice of the ins and outs of air trafic and what nots.

anyways

all the right sounds are happening and i think.... touch wood this deal to sign him perminant may of been quicker that to loan the lad.

Pennant to Middlesbrough for £8 million.

Yakubu to Everton for £12 million.

Manuel Fernandes set to sign in the following days for £ £6 million. This fee will be given to Benfica and an additinal payment given to his third party. He will take the number 10 shirt. Also, Moyesy is still looking for a forward, with only AJ and Anichebe fit, despite their recent performances. Expect another move for Yakubu, or a foreign forward, Huntelaar or Esquerro. If unsuccessful, when fit Cahill will be played as a forward. A good season looks on the cards and hopefully a long European run, thanks to Mikel Arteta. Sad to say it but if his form continues, surely a bigger club will snap him up Blue Boy

Guest blueboy122

We have no reason to sell arteta if his form continues lets not get carried away lads he has had 2 very good games there is still many many matches to play. If the TEAM carry on this current form arteta wont be going anywere! and he is also tied down to us for another 5 years.

That has to be the craziest thing ive heard in along time, man u, chelski, arsenal and numerous spanish clubs have all shown an interest in the past, arsenal did last season but were put off by the £15m price tag. are you saying that you don't think he's good enough for us then? we all know that you wanted smith, and i can see your point with yakubu, but huntelaar is in a different class to smith. as for the dutch league, i lived over there for a while in the days of the VDM ajax team, and it aint that bad.

didn't sign him though did they?

Guest blueboy122

Did you just say 11-12 million for yakubu is well too much?? i think it is a fair price to be honest!! i would rather spend 11 miilion on yakubu than 6 million of smith!!

Who would you rather have instead of yakubu i no i wouldnt want to risk 15 million on a "young prospect" from sumwere like holland at least we now what we are getting with yakubu and he will take the light off andy so that meens theres not o omuch pressure on him to score of curse as a striker youre judjed on your goals but this season andy could well be with out that extra pressure which could affect his game in a way that is better for everton. When you first come in ur expected to get all these goals but he has had 1 season with all the pressure on reliablity along with micky so if we sign yakubu and manny it can only benefit us!

i just think the price is quite high considering we will loose him for a month to the african cup of nations at the most important part of the season, i reckon he'll be a decent signing though and he'll score more than AJ will. and yes i'm glad we did'nt spend £6m on smith coz he would'nt have offered anything to the team.

yes but by the time african nations cup cums around we will have cahill and vaughan fit agen!

but what happens if big vic goes to the african cup of nations? and vaughan isn't properly fit, we'll be left with one striker, i don't care what anyone else thinks but cahill is NOT a striker and especially not when we are going to be in such an important season with league/europe and i think it is about time we made a go in one of the cup competitions also.

Everton have signed Manuel Fernandes for 6m which could rise to 8m also yakubu will sign after being left out of the Boro squad against fulham on saturday the fee is said to be 11m Leighton Baines is set for his full Everton début after Joseph yobo picked up a knock in the Spurs game. out going still could be Andy van der meyde with leon osman and Steven pienaar firmly in front of him a report in Holland suggests he could be on his way to benfica as part of thr Fernandes deal.

Steve bruce is looking for a centre midfielder and I heard on a though sites that birmingham are after James Mcfadden from Everton for 5 mill.

faddy for £5m!!, bite their hands off for that.

Edited by The Prisoner