• Lucas Digne
    • Tom Davies
    • André Gomes
    • Bernard
    • Theo Walcott
    • Alex Iwobi
    • Richarlison

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Went with Bernie because of his goal but it could’ve been one of a few. 

Gomes, Walcott and Mina were all outstanding. 

Can’t disagree with that at all but I’d even add iwobi who’s work rate (especially first half) was superb. Davies as well was an upgrade on Morgan.

15 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Totally with Romey here, we made them look bang average at best today, our pressing and defence put them totally off their stride and stopped them from getting any rythmn together, let give the team and team selection credit after the kickin gthve had over the last few weeks.

15 hours ago, Matt said:

Exactly. They looked shit because we made them shit which is to our credit. 

13 hours ago, Shukes said:

Exactly. Other teams make us look shot at times. When we turn it around we make teams look shit.

I hate this... we only beat them because they were crap......bullshit. You play to your level. I don’t need to explain that.

I have seen West Ham play like this a few times away from home. We still had to go out there and play them off the park and put in a performance and we did just that and everyone played well. It would however be naive to look at that game and not think that it suited us down to the ground. I imagine that when we look back at the end of the season we will probably say this was the easiest game we had all season.

I hope that we can go to Brighton and give them a similar spanking and then welcome Watford and Spurs and do the same thing. Saying that they aren't the worst fixtures for us, the bigger problem will be Southampton away.

On 20/10/2019 at 16:30, Shukes said:

Got you, so you think the manager was absolutely spot on with his tactics. 

I would agree with you there.

More of a case that his tactics suit teams like that at home. Same happened at the end of last season and look what has happened since against more organised teams.

• MikeO locked this topic