IGNORED

Statto Index Predicts 5th Place Finish For Us!

java2001e

http://www.statto.com/ratings/stattoindex.php?id=1

"The Science Behind Statto Index

The Index has been developted and tested over many years, using around 25 years worth of results and approximately 10 years of bookmakers odds to test the accuracy and profitability of the system. Naturally, no system is perfect but we believe we have as close as we can get. For the mathematically minded, the correlation between our forecasts and actual results is approximately 0.92, which means that approximately 92% of the final outcome is explained by the prior forecast."

hard to see watford going down, they look to good to me, but it will be interesting to see how they all finish at the end of the season and compare the reality with the predictions.

http://www.statto.com/ratings/stattoindex.php?id=1

"The Science Behind Statto Index

The Index has been developted and tested over many years, using around 25 years worth of results and approximately 10 years of bookmakers odds to test the accuracy and profitability of the system. Naturally, no system is perfect but we believe we have as close as we can get. For the mathematically minded, the correlation between our forecasts and actual results is approximately 0.92, which means that approximately 92% of the final outcome is explained by the prior forecast."

hard to see watford going down, they look to good to me, but it will be interesting to see how they all finish at the end of the season and compare the reality with the predictions.

50029[/snapback]

:D think we will finish forth myself :P

yes, i think we are definitely in with a chance. arsenal and newcastle arent looking too good. weve already stuffed spurs and liverpoo.

i thnk that us and west ham could be this years surprises.

50035[/snapback]

:) tell you who to watch for java pompey their looking a decent outfit mate ;)

:) tell you who to watch for java pompey their looking a decent outfit mate ;)

50038[/snapback]

I know Watford gave us and the Mancs a run for our money but they're still bottom of the league with 1 point. Its only four games in but they do have one of the weakest squads in the Premiership. They are favorites for the drop with most bookies and they dont get it wrong much.

I agree with Pompey its amazing what Rednapp can do on a shoe string budget. I think west Ham will struggle this season now teams know what they're about. We've already seen Villa go there looking for and getting a draw which would never have happened last season.

My main concern about our league placement at the end of the season is our other 11. If the likes of Johnson, Cahill, Arteta or Howard get injured we are going to struggle.

Edited by Bluetrip

It's hard to take seriously a predicted table where Chelsea win the league with seventy-five points and Manu come second with seventy-seven! I don't think I'd settle for finishing on equal points with Arsenal at the mo either...they're really struggling to score.

Ever the optimist :D !

Mmmm, ive printed that out and will keep a close eye on it.

Do they update it after every couple of games, ? because you cant go on just four games.

How can they put reds in third place when they are 5 points down on the first 4 games. And the Arse in 4th who are minus 7 points, And if results go right this sunday they could BOTH be out of the contest.

man u vs reds...........chelski vs arse.

Edited by Licker

Do they update it after every couple of games, ? because you cant go on just four games.

How can they put reds in third place when they are 5 points down on the first 4 games.  And the Arse in 4th who are minus 7 points, And if results go right this sunday they could BOTH be out of the contest.

50050[/snapback]

:D lets hope licker things go are way mate ;)

How can they put reds in third place when they are 5 points down on the first 4 games.  And the Arse in 4th who are minus 7 points, And if results go right this sunday they could BOTH be out of the contest.

50050[/snapback]

Licker Manure play Arsenal, and Chelsea play Liverpool this weekend

I agree with Pompey its amazing what Rednapp can do on a shoe string budget.

I think you're forgetting Pompey have sold there souls to the Russian mafia along with Chelski.

They are owned by Russian tycoon Alexandre Gaydamak.

I remeber watching Pompey v Everton at Fratton Park last season. The Portsmouth fans had loads of Pompski banners out.

Evertonski doesn't have the same ring to it! :blink:

Edited by Mr Toad

Stevo said........"thats crazy, you can use facts to prove anything!"

And thats a fact.  :)

50280[/snapback]

no. you can't use facts to prove anything.

you can misuse statistics, but in a case like this there would be no point. no-one has anything to gain.

the statto index has a 92% accuracy record over the last ten seasons. that doesnt make it perfect but it does make it pretty good and worth noting.

50029[/snapback]

Watford do look quite good but sadly playing good football doesn't guarantee safety if you don't have the quality players. If you play good football you allow others to do the same and chances are the opposition will be better at it! For teams to survive they have to battle it out, unless they are resigned to going down and are planning to use the money to go up again next year (this is a fairly good strategy that Charlton used to good affect)

I say Watford, Fulham and Wigan to go down. Keeping faith with the Blades to pull off a dramatic recovery in the second half of the season!

Watford do look quite good but sadly playing good football doesn't guarantee safety if you don't have the quality players. If you play good football you allow others to do the same and chances are the opposition will be better at it! For teams to survive they have to battle it out, unless they are resigned to going down and are planning to use the money to go up again next year (this is a fairly good strategy that Charlton used to good affect)

I say Watford, Fulham and Wigan to go down. Keeping faith with the Blades to pull off a dramatic recovery in the second half of the season!

51195[/snapback]

you may be right. altho watford played well against us they are still not winning anything. i'm a bit surprised. maybe their performance against us was exceptional and now they are settling into their natural game and place.

they are fixed at the bottom of the table and altho its early days you dont want to spend too much time down there!

Why shouldn't CL be attainable?, we have a little strength in depth now, the team spirit is high, fans are behind the boys, the boardroom must be happy with the Ginga Ninja. These are glorious days boys, the wheels might come off at any time. F*ck it, let's enjoy ourselves while the sun shines.

ATB

Mac

I've looked at the Optra index and we actually have very few players in the top 10 of any position. Howard is 6th in the keepers list and AJ is 4th in the forwards list.

51553[/snapback]

he's not fourth in the list that matters!

TOP SCORERS!

Andrew Johnson Everton 5

Bobby Zamora West Ham 5

Didier Drogba Chelsea 4

Nwankwo Kanu Portsmouth 4

Darren Bent Charlton 3

Juan Pablo Angel Aston Villa 2

Joey Barton Man City 2

Jimmy Bullard Fulham 2

Tim Cahill Everton 2

Kevin Doyle Reading 2

Ryan Giggs Man Utd 2

Rob Hulse Sheff Utd 2

Frank Lampard Chelsea 2

Benedict McCarthy Blackburn 2

Benjani Mwaruwari Portsmouth 2

The season we finished 4th was very similar mac

We had no players near the top in any of the opta stats sections, it proved then what its proving now

We are a team

This is embodied even more by Beatties interview, where he said we have a very good team spirit and no bad apples (Craig bellendamy anyone)

In sure AJ will be there or there abouts though