• Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Tom Davies
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Alex Iwobi
    • Richarlison
    • Seamus Coleman

9 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

We are gonna have to disagree here. Even some of the occassions where he is sloppy in the attacking half lead to chances. I recall one yesterday where he gave it away and then instead of just being solid defensively he made a rash challenge (which he missed) and sprung Spurs on the counter. Even by your rough estimate he lost it 7 times. That is a lot for a guy who is not particularly creative with the ball and is usually playing simple stuff. I see some improvement in his game but not to the degree others seem to. 

Tom Davies' stats against Tottenham:

Touches - 95

Successful passes - 68

Successful long balls - 7

Pass accuracy - 91%

Fouls won - 4

Clearances - 3

Aerial duels won - 3

Interceptions - 2

Successful tackles - 1

Shots blocked - 1

Many peoples MOTM including mine, you might want to visit your opticians as you appear to have a Tom Davies blind spot.......

18 hours ago, Bailey said:

Son left him for dead twice

Son is an exceptional player, ( taking aside his “tackle” on Gomes which was just below where I sit and horrific to witness) and  leaves many for dead, I wouldn’t  crucify Tom on that, but he could have done better I agree, as it was clear to see what he was going to do.

Edited by Wiggytop
Grammar

On 11/02/2021 at 15:46, Wiggytop said:

Son is an exceptional player, ( taking aside his “tackle” on Gomes which was just below where I sit and horrific to witness) and  leaves many for dead, I wouldn’t  crucify Tom on that, but he could have done better I agree, as it was clear to see what he was going to do.

He is and that I am not crucifying him for it. It was a mistake that led to a goal, and then could have led to another. He made other mistakes too, that led to a goal or chances (or oppunities). 

I do think he played well on the whole, in fact I commented in the match day thread that he was really good for a period after half time but there is no escaping that these are big errors that cost the team. 

He certainly wasn't alone on that and I don't mean to sound as though I am singling him out.