• Lucas Digne
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Tom Davies
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Alex Iwobi
    • Richarlison
    • Seamus Coleman

Current Player of the Season standings....
James Rodríguez...81
Dominic Calvert-Lewin...80
Abdoulaye Doucouré...78
Allan...66
Michael Keane...54
André Gomes...47
Yerry Mina...46
Jordan Pickford...38
Alex Iwobi...36
Niels Nkounkou...34
Tom Davies...34
Gylfi Sigurðsson...30
Ben Godfrey...40
Robin Olsen...28
Séamus Coleman...17
Anthony Gordon...12
Lucas Digne...12
Bernard...10
Richarlison...9
Mason Holgate...8
Cenk Tosun...1
Thierry Small...1

Previous MOTM winners...
Manchester United (A*)...Tom Davies
Leeds (A*)...André Gomes
Newcastle (H*)...James Rodríguez
Leicester (H*)...James Rodríguez
Sheffield Wednesday (H Cup)*...James Rodríguez
Wolves (A)*...Michael Keane
Rotherham (H Cup)*...Robin Olsen
West Ham (H)*...André Gomes
Sheffield United (A)*...Gylfi Sigurðsson
Manchester United (H Cup)**...Gylfi Sigurðsson
Arsenal (H)**...Ben Godfrey
Leicester (A)*...Abdoulaye Doucouré
Chelsea (H)**...Michael Keane
Burnley (A)*...Jordan Pickford
Leeds (H)*...Allan
Fulham (A)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Manchester United (H)*...Allan
Newcastle (A)*...Robin Olsen
Southampton (A)*...Allan
Liverpool (H)*...Michael Keane
Brighton (H)*...Yerry Mina
West Ham (H Cup)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Crystal Palace (A)*...James Rodríguez
Fleetwood (A)*...Niels Nkounkou
West Brom (H)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Salford (H)*...Niels Nkounkou
Tottenham (A)*...Jordan Pickford

*Behind closed doors
**Limited crowd

Torn between the midfield 3.

Although I'm impressed more and more with Godfrey every game. The lad is a machine.

Very good performance from Coleman when he came on aswell.

Really pleased that Richarlison managed to get back amongst the goals again. Amazing the change in him when he is scoring.

Davies - he was great! Doucoure too. We’re still desperate to get Allan back in there but Davies’ improvement is such a massive bonus - maybe we’ve got an opportunity to rotate it now to keep all fit and fresh.

Gylfi was excellent too and probably the match winner but I just think Davies was so good and it just tops off an excellent run in the team of late.

Special mentions for Coleman particularly and Bernard for nice little cameos and final mention for Richarlison - please may this signal a change in fortunes for him.

Davies seems to have taken his game to another level this week,

Doucoure is some athlete - he was everywhere -power and pace,

Olsen kept us in the tie in the first half hour,

Gylfi was just that bit of quality - great assist and a well taken pen,

Richarlison, two cracking goals and nicked the ball that led to the winner, his best performance in months, 

Have gone of Gylfi, but could have been Davies. 

I can’t help but feel Davies is being held to quite a low standard. I’ll preface this by saying he was good vs Man U and had some nice moments today. I do think he’s improved. But MOTM? He gave the ball away dangerously several times and Son embarrassed him on more than one occasion at least one of which directly lead to a goal. 

Can we please add our club captain Coleman.

Feom the very first second he came on, he sprinted them down and forced the ball right back deep into their own half.

From that point he was absolutely fantastic. Ram the ball forward, tackled hard. Showed  Iwobi how to take players on. Got crosses in. Absolutely turned back the clock for us.

Agree with everyone about Doucoure  and Davies.

Great all round team performance, the 2 first goals saw some top quality  link up play and finishes, the way we bounced back after conceeding was quality and we played some really good stuff all first half.

Not as much attacking wise in the second half but they kept pushing and every player put in a great shift front and back.

Davies had a good game no doubt though he put in dangerous looking diving tackle at one point that just missed the player and would have probably given him a red.

Doucoure - was awesome as ever, a beast of a player on the ball.  (didn't cover great for their first goal though)

Sig -  is looking much better, put in some hard work, some good attacking play setting up a couple of goals and took his pen well enough.  Defensively a few errors.

Richarlison - Worked really hard, looked up for it and will definitely have benefited from banging in a couple of good goals.

Coleman - came on as sub and gave us an instant attacking out on the right, love his buccaneering attacking runs, did a great run on the counter attack up the left at one point too.  Still a great backup and think we should keep him on for another year when we get a new right back.

Digne - Put in a great shift both going forward and at the back

Dom was looking good too, hopefully he's ok.  I'd be happy for him to get a rest of the bench if not fully fit on Sunday and allow King a start to make sure he's fit for Wednesday.

10 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

I can’t help but feel Davies is being held to quite a low standard. I’ll preface this by saying he was good vs Man U and had some nice moments today. I do think he’s improved. But MOTM? He gave the ball away dangerously several times and Son embarrassed him on more than one occasion at least one of which directly lead to a goal. 

Does my head in this myth.

He only gave the ball away once in his own half. More down to Sigurdsson passing the ball and then making fuck all effort to get it back or make a gap.

Lost the ball 3 times with forward passes into their half, and another 3 passes (also forward) in their half.

51 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He only gave the ball away once in his own half. More down to Sigurdsson passing the ball and then making fuck all effort to get it back or make a gap.

Lost the ball 3 times with forward passes into their half, and another 3 passes (also forward) in their half.

I agree sometimes I think its easy for us fans to be a little over critical - have to remember no player is ever going to have a perfect game. It's so easy to see the things that you do wrong and simply miss all the good stuff that gets done.  Fans are a bit like my wife in that sense!! 😂.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

We are gonna have to disagree here. Even some of the occassions where he is sloppy in the attacking half lead to chances. I recall one yesterday where he gave it away and then instead of just being solid defensively he made a rash challenge (which he missed) and sprung Spurs on the counter. Even by your rough estimate he lost it 7 times. That is a lot for a guy who is not particularly creative with the ball and is usually playing simple stuff. I see some improvement in his game but not to the degree others seem to. 

17 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

We are gonna have to disagree here. Even some of the occassions where he is sloppy in the attacking half lead to chances. I recall one yesterday where he gave it away and then instead of just being solid defensively he made a rash challenge (which he missed) and sprung Spurs on the counter. Even by your rough estimate he lost it 7 times. That is a lot for a guy who is not particularly creative with the ball and is usually playing simple stuff. I see some improvement in his game but not to the degree others seem to. 

Whilst I think he did really well on the whole yesterday, I agree with you.

He lost the ball in some really poor positions both in our and their half which led to opportunities for them to either create a chance or counter and then at the other end he played a part in two of the goals and another chance after that too. Son left him for dead twice. That was our whole team though last night, and also against Utd. There is a reason you concede 7 goals in 2 games and we have too many that aren't playing at a consistent level across the 90 minutes.