IGNORED

Harry Souttar

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

A freeze frame of him clearly mid-jump doesn’t answer whether he can jump? Ok, Matt!

You know what I mean. Tall players tend to be crap at jumping, because they never really learnt how to because they didn't need to.

From that 1 picture I can't tell if he's run into it (although I don't think he did), if his opponent is crouching to make it look higher than it is, if is opponent is short and he's just leaning over, is that mid jump as you say or at the apex... 1 snapshot doesn't really say a lot regarding his jumping ability at all, hence me asking.

Looking at the videos of him, that I can find, show he doesn't seem to jump very much because he's very good positionally and is strong. Which I'll take all day long to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

You know what I mean. Tall players tend to be crap at jumping, because they never really learnt how to because they didn't need to.

From that 1 picture I can't tell if he's run into it (although I don't think he did), if his opponent is crouching to make it look higher than it is, if is opponent is short and he's just leaning over, is that mid jump as you say or at the apex... 1 snapshot doesn't really say a lot regarding his jumping ability at all, hence me asking.

Looking at the videos of him, that I can find, show he doesn't seem to jump very much because he's very good positionally and is strong. Which I'll take all day long to be honest. 

Fair enough.

He's a very good player and I think he could make the step up myself. I'd definitely have him here and he's at a great age too.

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Fair enough.

He's a very good player and I think he could make the step up myself. I'd definitely have him here and he's at a great age too.

I trust your judgement usually (well, football-wise at least :P) and you're not usually this positive, so I'll take it as a good sign!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

While his brother scored for Scotland tonight. I wonder why they chose to represent different nations. 

His brother’s supposedly off to Stoke too - ironically, he’d probably have been his replacement - may still be but I doubt Harry will be leaving any time soon with the rehab on an ACL.