IGNORED

Wordle

Bill

7 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Today's worldle looks strangely like Texas.

Does a bit, yes.

For me the continent immediately jumped out because of the presence of straight line borders, I don't think there's another part of the world with so many, and I got it second guess.

On 27/03/2022 at 08:46, MikeO said:

And I actually got heardle for once, second guess!

#Heardle #30

🔉⬛🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜

https://heardle.app

I would fail at this every time. If there's a classical music one, though, I'd ace it. I can recognize hundreds of works from the first note/chord only (helped by my perfect pitch, so I know the key).

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I would fail at this every time. If there's a classical music one, though, I'd ace it. I can recognize hundreds of works from the first note/chord only (helped by my perfect pitch, so I know the key).

Never have I ever seen someone so smugly brag about their sense of perfect pitch 😂 And I work in musical theatre!

6 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Personally, I think it's a bit of both. I know instantly the note played on certain instruments, and they tally with instruments I played early in life. For other instruments, my response can be hesitant.

I'm totally clueless in that regard; I can hear simple things like major chords vs minor, but everything I play I need either youtube instruction, lots of trial and error, or (back in the old days), sheet music.

I went to school with a guy (called Ian Bishop, which isn't at all relevant) who could hear something once, possibly twice, and then play it back perefectly on either guitar or piano. Was so envious, band I was in I had to be coached through everything, still fun though.

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

Boom!

Wordle 287 2/6

⬜🟩⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

God only knows how you got that,  obviously I didn't.  I had to google that to see if it was an actual word.

Have never seen that word used in any article or speech, would never have known it was a word. 😨

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Have never seen that word used in any article or speech, would never have known it was a word.

As I've mentioned before, I was a big cryptic crossword fan for many years, you get to know loads of unusual and rarely used words doing that.

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Mike my jaw genuinely dropped when I got it on my second guess. Especially considering the only letter I got the first time round was what ended up being the first letter.

Wordle 287 2/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Crazy!

I had decent odds of getting it second as I had two greens, and the yellow could only go in one place, plus I'd ruled out two vowels.... so there weren't a huge number of possibles. You, however, need to buy a lottery ticket😂