IGNORED

Wordle

Bill

54 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Loads of people will struggle with worldle today I reckon; I've not only been there 8/9 times but also flew over it (and took a photo) on my way elsewhere in 2015...

IMG_20150929_141019823.jpg

I'll be honest and say I had never heard of this place before... but Americans don't know geography, so I get a pass. 

12 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I'll be honest and say I had never heard of this place before... but Americans don't know geography, so I get a pass. 

Not the same island obviously but in the same group, do people from NJ not know where the J comes from?

Not been to J but G is stunningly beautiful! Also the islands were the only part of the British territory (they're self governing crown dependecies to be exact and not part of the United Kingdom) to be occupied by the nazis in WW2; a lot of the defences they built have been preserved, fascinating to explore.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Not the same island obviously but in the same group, do people from NJ not know where the J comes from?

Not been to J but G is stunningly beautiful! Also the islands were the only part of the British territory (they're self governing crown dependecies to be exact and not part of the United Kingdom) to be occupied by the nazis in WW2; a lot of the defences they built have been preserved, fascinating to explore.

I had heard of Guernsey, but had absolutely no idea where/what it was. Fascinated to see how close Guernsey and Jersey are to France!

45 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I had heard of Guernsey, but had absolutely no idea where/what it was. Fascinated to see how close Guernsey and Jersey are to France!

The third biggest island, Alderney, had a German labour camp on it it WW2...not been there myself.

There are a lot of French place/street names on the islands but I've never heard French being spoken there. @FairWooney is the expert, he's a native.

38 minutes ago, MikeO said:

The third biggest island, Alderney, had a German labour camp on it it WW2...not been there myself.

There are a lot of French place/street names on the islands but I've never heard French being spoken there. @FairWooney is the expert, he's a native.

Been to J, my brother lived there for 4 years. In the 80s it was a dream of a place. Fort Regent….. what a place that was. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

They picked somewhere I'd not been to today, isn't that against the rules?

Never heard of this one myself but found it with the help of Google maps and the Falkland Islands as a guide..

#Worldle #50 4/6 (100%)
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜↙️
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜➡️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉
https://worldle.teuteuf.fr

Wordle 266 4/6

⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟨
🟨⬛⬛🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Boooo!! Cheater!! Heathen!! 

I have truly never heard of the place, so I flunked out of Worldle. But got the Wordle in 3 and the Heardle in 1!

Wordle 266 3/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟨⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

12 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Boooo!! Cheater!! Heathen!! 

I have truly never heard of the place, so I flunked out of Worldle. But got the Wordle in 3 and the Heardle in 1!

Wordle 266 3/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟨⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Nobody on the planet knows that place, or at least very few, using an uninhabited subantarctic volcanic island is just plain daft.

Heardle this was the first thing I though of, but wasn't an option.

But got it eventually...

#Heardle #15

🔈⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩⬜

https://heardle.app

5 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Definitely should've got the Wordle in 3. Worldle was quite easy today.

Wordle 267 4/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

#Worldle #51 1/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

Took a bit of thought today, think it's the first time ever I've drawn a total blank on the first guess...worldle not so much

Wordle 267 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟨🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟩🟨⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 267 5/6

#Worldle #51 1/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

On 11/03/2022 at 18:17, MikeO said:

French isn't widely spoken though maybe a few more people probably take French at school than in the UK due to it's vicinity and ease of getting there!

The old language in Guernsey was a local language called Guernésiais which was a kind of Norman French language that dated back to when Guernsey was controlled by the Norman's.

We do indeed have a lot of French named roads!