IGNORED

Feedback & Content Requests

23 minutes ago, StevO said:

Me too, I’m more interested in the things we can’t see. I want to see progress inside the stands. Maybe I want it because I can’t see it. I’m obsessive with this build so I watch everything. 
Since they have been talking about the pitch construction starting in May, I’ve thought that come the day the turf goes in it would be great to invite drone flyers down to film it. Have 20 or so camera angles of the pitch going in, it could be a real viral moment for the build. 

If they do the pitch like l saw being done at the Emirates, they put what I’m saying looked like sand down, then they put plugs in of artificial grass with strands about a foot long, which gave the impression that the whole pitch looked like it was green, then they put a layer of soil down to quite a deep depth making sure the artificial grass was coming through, then they seeded it, and when it was ready for it’s first cut the artificial grass and real grass were cut to the same length. 
Like you I can’t wait for the pitch to start taking shape and seeing it develop 3-4 days a week. 
I then think the drone flyer’s will become more interesting. For me it will be interesting to see if the pitch is constructed in the same way, or whether technical advances have moved on when creating a pitch. 
As strange as it may seem I’m as excited as a kid on Christmas Day. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

If they do the pitch like l saw being done at the Emirates, they put what I’m saying looked like sand down, then they put plugs in of artificial grass with strands about a foot long, which gave the impression that the whole pitch looked like it was green, then they put a layer of soil down to quite a deep depth making sure the artificial grass was coming through, then they seeded it, and when it was ready for it’s first cut the artificial grass and real grass were cut to the same length. 
Like you I can’t wait for the pitch to start taking shape and seeing it develop 3-4 days a week. 
I then think the drone flyer’s will become more interesting. For me it will be interesting to see if the pitch is constructed in the same way, or whether technical advances have moved on when creating a pitch. 
As strange as it may seem I’m as excited as a kid on Christmas Day. 

Not seen how it was done in Emirates, but when it was done at Goodison the turf was laid in full and then the artificial turf plugs were inserted after the pitch had settled in by machine driving them into the ground.