IGNORED

Feedback & Content Requests

• 2 weeks later...

In the last four weeks I’ve been on two holidays (not bragging, family holidays and now a wedding rearranged because of the war in Ukraine from last year) so I’ve only really been free for about five days in between. I’ve not had much time to upload the videos, but this weekend I’ll be home and back to normal. 
Sorry for a load of missed videos, and thanks to Matt for uploading some. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’m preferring the official footage now we are getting to see the progress of the internal  works a lot more. 

Me too. Id like to see a walk through of the stands, though most of the work has only been done inside the west stand so far. 

• 1 month later...

What I find disappointing is how the lattice work on the brickwork panels is hardly noticeable,  in all the recent footage I have seen you can’t pick it out they’ve made it that subtle it’s disappearing. Now I know it’s not going to spoil people’s enjoyment of the stadium, my problem being if you are paying for something that brings a piece of the Old Lady’s famous lattice design to the new stadium then at least do it justice so it stands proudly out. Many months ago when we saw the first panels laid out on the floor in the factory I said then when erected they wouldn’t standout, I said then that they should have used a blue engineering brick so it stood out like it does at the Old Lady, I also said after a few years of natural weathering it would become even harder to distinguish.  So all in all I find that part of the design finish very disappointing. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

What I find disappointing is how the lattice work on the brickwork panels is hardly noticeable,  in all the recent footage I have seen you can’t pick it out they’ve made it that subtle it’s disappearing. Now I know it’s not going to spoil people’s enjoyment of the stadium, my problem being if you are paying for something that brings a piece of the Old Lady’s famous lattice design to the new stadium then at least do it justice so it stands proudly out. Many months ago when we saw the first panels laid out on the floor in the factory I said then when erected they wouldn’t standout, I said then that they should have used a blue engineering brick so it stood out like it does at the Old Lady, I also said after a few years of natural weathering it would become even harder to distinguish.  So all in all I find that part of the design finish very disappointing. 

I imagine when you're there in person it'll be more obvious 

The lattice brickwork isn’t visible on the drone footage, but I’ve seen some photos of the stadium from the ground up close and it is a lot more visible. If it’s almost invisible then it was an expensive mistake. 

Dan Meis has commented that it’s not as obvious as he would like it to have been, but maybe when it has weathered a bit we may see it clearer. 

I do wonder if the restrictions to meet planning may have had an effect on the shades used? They tried to only use shades that are on the other historic buildings. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Matt said:

I’ve never been to the new Spurs stadium so I wouldn’t like to make the comparison, all though I know people who have been there and they seem to think size is everything without discussing the atmosphere, which we have in spades at Goodison. The one thing that made me sit up and listen was that we will have the steepest terraces in Europe, I’ve been to the Nou Camp a couple of times and thought their terraces were scarily steep and the higher up you were you felt like you were sitting on the edge of cliff.  If I’m lucky enough to get a season ticket I might ask for the cost of a lap belt to be fitted 😂

45 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’ve never been to the new Spurs stadium so I wouldn’t like to make the comparison, all though I know people who have been there and they seem to think size is everything without discussing the atmosphere, which we have in spades at Goodison. The one thing that made me sit up and listen was that we will have the steepest terraces in Europe, I’ve been to the Nou Camp a couple of times and thought their terraces were scarily steep and the higher up you were you felt like you were sitting on the edge of cliff.  If I’m lucky enough to get a season ticket I might ask for the cost of a lap belt to be fitted 😂

Even from the videos our terraces look daunting. It's going to be quite the atmosphere on that first game. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This may have been recorded and posted in the past, but does anyone know what the expected weight of the Stadium will be once finished. Not including the big guy sat in seat 74 in the east stand. 

On 03/03/2024 at 17:52, Palfy said:

This may have been recorded and posted in the past, but does anyone know what the expected weight of the Stadium will be once finished. Not including the big guy sat in seat 74 in the east stand. 

Really, really, fucking heavy!! 
Could be in the plans some where, I’m not looking though. 😂 Can find them in the info thread. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

Really, really, fucking heavy!! 
Could be in the plans some where, I’m not looking though. 😂 Can find them in the info thread. 

It’s your responsibility to look 👀 these Stadium threads are your responsibility, you’ve got to finish what you started no matter how difficult it gets😂

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

It’s your responsibility to look 👀 these Stadium threads are your responsibility, you’ve got to finish what you started no matter how difficult it gets😂

Well I didn’t think anyone would ask how heavy it is?!  😂

After a brief Google, Lumen field in Washington weighs 5,200 tonnes. Surprised me as I expected a lot more than that for a large stadium. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Well I didn’t think anyone would ask how heavy it is?!  😂

After a brief Google, Lumen field in Washington weighs 5,200 tonnes. Surprised me as I expected a lot more than that for a large stadium. 

I don’t know why I asked to be honest, I think it may have been that it came into my head when I was reading about the compressed sand and the piles driven into it to support the stadium the other day. So there must be an estimated weight for them to have calculated the amount size and depth of the piles. 

On 05/03/2024 at 00:12, Palfy said:

I don’t know why I asked to be honest, I think it may have been that it came into my head when I was reading about the compressed sand and the piles driven into it to support the stadium the other day. So there must be an estimated weight for them to have calculated the amount size and depth of the piles. 

That makes sense. But the sand isn’t taking the weight. The sand filled the dock, but the piles went much deeper than the dock bed. 20 meters I think they are. The north and south stand aren’t built on the sand either, they are built directly on the land (on the piles obviously).

That last official stadium video was one of the best I’ve seen, I’ll be honest I don’t watch many of the Mr Drone stuff anymore, don’t get me wrong they served there purpose especially in the early construction stages, now I want to get inside the stadium more and on the ground level view of what happening and what it looks like. 

32 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That last official stadium video was one of the best I’ve seen, I’ll be honest I don’t watch many of the Mr Drone stuff anymore, don’t get me wrong they served there purpose especially in the early construction stages, now I want to get inside the stadium more and on the ground level view of what happening and what it looks like. 

Me too, I’m more interested in the things we can’t see. I want to see progress inside the stands. Maybe I want it because I can’t see it. I’m obsessive with this build so I watch everything. 
Since they have been talking about the pitch construction starting in May, I’ve thought that come the day the turf goes in it would be great to invite drone flyers down to film it. Have 20 or so camera angles of the pitch going in, it could be a real viral moment for the build.