IGNORED

Feedback & Content Requests

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Is there any way I can save the XXX selfies that @Romey 1878 sends me? I've built up quite the collection and afraid of losing it should the forum go down.

I’ve already made TTXXX.com, I’ll send you the password. 
It’ll be a big help to have more content. So far all I’ve got is a few selfies of Palfy in the shower and Haf at the driving range. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’ve already made TTXXX.com, I’ll send you the password. 
It’ll be a big help to have more content. So far all I’ve got is a few selfies of Palfy in the shower and Haf at the driving range. 

I've got one of Shukes with his mini-fridge and strategically placed bottle of red wine 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Palfy said:

I've got a question why are all the threads closed to all members bar mods?

I presume because Steve just wanted to share the information, not use the threads as a place for discussion (we've got a stadium thread). 

What I want to know is why I can't put them on ignore :P

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

I've got a question why are all the threads closed to all members bar mods?

We have a discussion place for the stadium, and didn’t want this to be a place for discussion. This was designed to be a place for information, as Matt said. 

I also wanted to see the response this set up got before making any changes. 

8 hours ago, Matt said:

I presume because Steve just wanted to share the information, not use the threads as a place for discussion (we've got a stadium thread). 

What I want to know is why I can't put them on ignore :P

Ooh, don’t know why you can’t. But this is first time I’ve made a new section on here. It took me about ten goes to get it this far. 🙈

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

We have a discussion place for the stadium, and didn’t want this to be a place for discussion. This was designed to be a place for information, as Matt said. 

I also wanted to see the response this set up got before making any changes. 

Ooh, don’t know why you can’t. But this is first time I’ve made a new section on here. It took me about ten goes to get it this far. 🙈

When you first started it and they were all closed, I thought exactly as you said, you just wanted to keep them clean and only information relevant to be added as a way of informing people of the Stadium progression, then Mike confused me by adding a post that didn't make sense in the context of the forum, I noticed Matt had made a post before which was very much in keeping with the flavour of the forum. And for the record I think what you have done and the way you have set it up is brilliant 🤩 

15 minutes ago, Palfy said:

When you first started it and they were all closed, I thought exactly as you said, you just wanted to keep them clean and only information relevant to be added as a way of informing people of the Stadium progression, then Mike confused me by adding a post that didn't make sense in the context of the forum, I noticed Matt had made a post before which was very much in keeping with the flavour of the forum. And for the record I think what you have done and the way you have set it up is brilliant 🤩 

Thank you 😊 

Now I need to find Mike’s post. 🤬

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Daily event. Haven't you noticed?

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Fixed it. 😂

Can I ask, are people finding this helpful or enjoyable having this on TT? 

Is it helpful having things in the one space?

Are you looking at content you might not have seen if it wasn’t here?

Dont want to do it for nothing and if it’s not bringing anything to the members here on TT. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I've not posted anything at all in this section (until now obviously), so now I'm confused as well:huh:

13 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I've not posted anything at all in this section (until now obviously), so now I'm confused as well:huh:

If you look at the last post in the stadium discussion it was one you posted in the Paul Frost thread. 😂

Have a few beers last night Mike? 🤔

There are some huge pieces of cast concrete coming to site, these would have been poured over a month before they arrived, and dried to make sure they achieve their optimum strength before being fitted. To think they are making pieces weeks before the sections they fit onto have even been completed and sent to site, I find the precision of good engineering and architecture astounding if not brave. Okay I know everything is computerised these days with CAD software which is a huge help in building design, but still find it incredibly fascinating that more doesn't go wrong than goes right. 

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

There are some huge pieces of cast concrete coming to site, these would have been poured over a month before they arrived, and dried to make sure they achieve their optimum strength before being fitted. To think they are making pieces weeks before the sections they fit onto have even been completed and sent to site, I find the precision of good engineering and architecture astounding if not brave. Okay I know everything is computerised these days with CAD software which is a huge help in building design, but still find it incredibly fascinating that more doesn't go wrong than goes right. 

I saw a video on YouTube a while back showing some of the work done at Laing O’Rourke’s plant. It’s very impressive. If I get chance I’ll try to find it. 
Each section of concrete and steel is made with a very small tolerance for adjustments to be made on site, but watching the videos of the fellas assembling things on site it looks like each piece fits perfectly. 

My uncle used to work alongside Colin Chong at Laing O’Rourke, said he’s a very very good operator, but they have been making buildings using this technique for ages. That’s why they are so confident in the technology, the partners who make the steel, and their ability to control costs. 

I drove past a lorry with some of the steel work on the back a few days ago, when they are up there at the top of the north and south stands they look so thin. When they are right next to you on the motorway they are bloody massive!!!

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I saw a video on YouTube a while back showing some of the work done at Laing O’Rourke’s plant. It’s very impressive. If I get chance I’ll try to find it. 
Each section of concrete and steel is made with a very small tolerance for adjustments to be made on site, but watching the videos of the fellas assembling things on site it looks like each piece fits perfectly. 

My uncle used to work alongside Colin Chong at Laing O’Rourke, said he’s a very very good operator, but they have been making buildings using this technique for ages. That’s why they are so confident in the technology, the partners who make the steel, and their ability to control costs. 

I drove past a lorry with some of the steel work on the back a few days ago, when they are up there at the top of the north and south stands they look so thin. When they are right next to you on the motorway they are bloody massive!!!

I also watched the video where they built the stadium as 3D model prior to the commencement of the build, so that they could solve any potential problems before they started. I know they've been building this way for years, but I find it fascinating how they push the boundaries of architecture and engineering, to create buildings that seem to break the laws of physics, and are stunningly complex and beautiful. I'll take my Kevin McCloud hat off now I'm starting to sound like an Anorak 😂

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

I also watched the video where they built the stadium as 3D model prior to the commencement of the build, so that they could solve any potential problems before they started. I know they've been building this way for years, but I find it fascinating how they push the boundaries of architecture and engineering, to create buildings that seem to break the laws of physics, and are stunningly complex and beautiful. I'll take my Kevin McCloud hat off now I'm starting to sound like an Anorak 😂

I’m with you completely. I’ve been a fan of Grand Designs for years, never worked in any sort of construction (born and bred in the motor trade), but I find construction fascinating. Add into that this being Everton and I feel addicted. 

1 hour ago, barryj said:

Just seen - looking good. I was down the before the Leicester game briefly. The speed of the build is incredible. 

Sitting down with a brew to watch Paul Frosts half hour video now. 

I’ve got a meeting in Bottle in a couple of weeks, so great excuse for lunch at Ten Streets Social and take a look at the site.