IGNORED

Broadband

patto

Who think they have a decent broadband at the moment I have a basic sky it’s the worst I’ve ever had plus I hate them anyway. 
I’m unable to have full fibre or 5g so it’s just copper to the property the best I had in the past was Plusnet so any help would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

Who think they have a decent broadband at the moment I have a basic sky it’s the worst I’ve ever had plus I hate them anyway. 
I’m unable to have full fibre or 5g so it’s just copper to the property the best I had in the past was Plusnet so any help would be appreciated. 

Have the same Sky issues myself, keep meaning to get it changed but it's such a faff, particularly as Sky only allow you to cancel over the phone which I'm unable to do:(

Gigaclear keep stuffing stuff through my letterbox but I've heard some people have a bad experience with them.

Not much help to you unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Have the same Sky issues myself, keep meaning to get it changed but it's such a faff, particularly as Sky only allow you to cancel over the phone which I'm unable to do:(

Gigaclear keep stuffing stuff through my letterbox but I've heard some people have a bad experience with them.

Thanks MikeO I’ll probably go back to Plusnet I think I can cancel on line I’ve still got 6 weeks to sort it.  

7 minutes ago, patto said:

Thanks MikeO I’ll probably go back to Plusnet I think I can cancel on line I’ve still got 6 weeks to sort it.  

Maybe try uSwitch? My sister swears by it and she's incredibly froogle (financial law grad).

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've switched to BT via EE and it's been very reliable so far. Just be aware that the speeds etc don't really matter, a full household can comfortably run on 35-40mbps.

I’m not sure you can get them numbers through copper I’ve been told you can only get about 17/18 download and 6/7 upload but as you say it’s enough for me I mainly use YouTube 

28 minutes ago, patto said:

I’m not sure you can get them numbers through copper I’ve been told you can only get about 17/18 download and 6/7 upload but as you say it’s enough for me I mainly use YouTube 

I had 40 down my copper wires before I was offered fibre optics. I was able to stream 4k movies for my daughter whilst having an HD video call with people around Europe for work. 

https://www.boxbroadband.co.uk/what-broadband-speed-do-i-need/

Have a look at that to give you an idea. Pretty sure uSwitch needs your postcode to check the Internet offers so you shouldn't be shown anything that won't work for your street. 

Copper can apparently cope with speeds up to 250mpbs so you should be able to get a really good deal since you don't need the bandwidth.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I had 40 down my copper wires before I was offered fibre optics. I was able to stream 4k movies for my daughter whilst having an HD video call with people around Europe for work. 

https://www.boxbroadband.co.uk/what-broadband-speed-do-i-need/

Have a look at that to give you an idea. Pretty sure uSwitch needs your postcode to check the Internet offers so you shouldn't be shown anything that won't work for your street. 

Copper can apparently cope with speeds up to 250mpbs so you should be able to get a really good deal since you don't need the bandwidth.

Thanks Matt I’ll have a look later just off to pick my daughter up 

On 21/01/2024 at 13:12, MikeO said:

Discriminatory, surely?

On 21/01/2024 at 13:53, patto said:

My line is still on copper and I average around 32-34Mbps. I was with Plusnet for years until switching to BT. IMO the customer service with both is hard to beat.

18 hours ago, KinL said:

My line is still on copper and I average around 32-34Mbps. I was with Plusnet for years until switching to BT. IMO the customer service with both is hard to beat.

Why did you leave Plusnet they are both the same company aren’t they ?

I live in a small market town, and have fibre optics it’s run into the house in the air off wooden telephone poles. I live in a country lane with no footpath and a year or so ago Gigaclear under licence from the government laid underground optic fibre cables in the road, it was huge disruption and a pain for 2-3 weeks, the when they were finished they were trying to sell connections, I still had 18 months to run on contract with BT which would have cost hundreds to get out of, Gigaclear no my situation yet still hassle me to sign up which is pissing me off. I started to be rude in a hope they would take me off their list of potential clients, has it worked has it fuck.  

38 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I live in a small market town, and have fibre optics it’s run into the house in the air off wooden telephone poles. I live in a country lane with no footpath and a year or so ago Gigaclear under licence from the government laid underground optic fibre cables in the road, it was huge disruption and a pain for 2-3 weeks, the when they were finished they were trying to sell connections, I still had 18 months to run on contract with BT which would have cost hundreds to get out of, Gigaclear no my situation yet still hassle me to sign up which is pissing me off. I started to be rude in a hope they would take me off their list of potential clients, has it worked has it fuck.  

Must be frustrating that 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I started to be rude in a hope they would take me off their list of potential clients, has it worked has it fuck.  

Sympathise there. Having the same with an estate estate which I have never contacted. Hide of a fooking rhinosceros.

On 23/01/2024 at 22:02, Palfy said:

Just threaten them with legal action, you don't actually need to follow through. Alternatively, I found ranting at companies on social media is sadly quite effective 

• 1 month later...

Well I chose three 4G home broadband I think I've made a mistake already.....I do have the option to send it back but I'm sure there will be a charge but there's no information on the website.

1 hour ago, patto said:

Well I chose three 4G home broadband I think I've made a mistake already.....I do have the option to send it back but I'm sure there will be a charge but there's no information on the website.

If its within 14 days you're well within your rights to cancel without penalty 

Edit: 30 apparently 

https://www.three.co.uk/support/switching/leave-three

3 hours ago, patto said:

It can be a minefield with some of these fuckers, I would ring up to cancel and see what they come back with. 

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

It can be a minefield with some of these fuckers, I would ring up to cancel and see what they come back with. 

They can be. Just need to start the conversation with "I know you have to try and convince me to stay but I'm not interested. So can we please not do the counter offers etc."

Went on line this morning and cancelled they said I have to take it to a DPD depot to send it back so it’s up to DPD to send me a label to post it. 
they send me an email with the address and I have to print it and provide packing for it. 
if I had gone the 3 store I could just hand it in so much easier.