IGNORED

The Rs

Guest fozzie

Big,big money coming in by the looks of it..(are you watching BK you fucking tosser,people will invest in shit if they think it can get them on the telly)

Anyway i digress...Rafa the gaffer has been there what 3 years or so and from the outside it looks like they are going backwards league wise and when you think of the cash he's spent thats not good enough.

So the question i ask is this (and yes i know its an Everton forum but c'mon they are just across the park for now) will it improve them or will the renewed expectation of the cash weigh them down?

They have after all spent the last 17 years "rebuilding" (love that phrase) thier team or will the mancs and chelsea pull even further away from them?

The buyout is for £450m supposedly...don't know how the figures add up, presumably a lot going into the new ground. Hopefully they'll squander all of it as efficiently as they've been managing for years now...are they gonna have to change their name to Dubai United?

4th in the list. (Of the richest men, or so I got told!)

Its funny, after all their bitterness to Chelsea about 'buying' the league it looks like there going to attempt to buy it themselves.

Bastards. <_<

WE NEED AN INVESTOR DESPERATLY!

Edited by Ian

4th in the list. (Of the richest men, or so I got told!)

Its funny, after all their bitterness to Chelsea about 'buying' the league it looks like there going to attempt to buy it themselves.

Bastards. <_<

WE NEED AN INVESTOR DESPERATLY!

True words Ian..

They arent coming here to to let Rafa or whoever fiddle about with little sums of cash they're going to go for broke thats for sure,and that indirectly will have an effect on us..look at the London clubs trying to move out of Chelseas shadow.

Money is out there..its time BK did what was right for Everton and not his fat arsed ego and got someone in with cash to burn and put us back on the footballing map

Be nice to have big investment, but like Patto says don't want to be owned by a faceless billionaire. Liverpool will become a minor part of Dubai plc...an advertising tool for their massively important holiday destination ambition, owned by people who couldn't give a shite about the club or the history or the fans. They can keep it.

you all sound as desperate as the rs i dont want any faceless billionaire buying the peoples club im happy with bk...we get 30 million this year and the next 2 years.

What £30 million??

Meanwhile they will get £30million this year and the year after, plus chapions League money, plus funds from the new owner :rolleyes:

And yes they'll go from strengh to strengh while we settle for being the "peoples club"..well fuck that we need money in alot of it too

Hey, thev've been spending lots more than us for years and their not that far ahead of us, its not what youve got, its how you spend it.

If we can pick up a few more Gems like ARTETA, LESCOTT. and CAHILL over the next couple of seasons we wont be doing too bad. These 3 would walk into the Redshites squad and are as good as any they've bought.

But we got ours for a combined total of about £9 mil, all their buys have been about £9 mil EACH.

Sure they spend more money than us, but has it done them any good.

Hey, thev've been spending lots more than us for years and their not that far ahead of us, its not what youve got, its how you spend it.

I disagree. When people pick teams to win cups and titles, Liverppol are one of the clubs whose name is chosen as the favorites along with the 'Other Three', not EFC.

Our boards has always backed us with something like 30 million to spend every season, including sales. Thats not really good enough for a title challenge, which our supporters aim for. Wenger did it with Arsenal, credit to him for that. But to spend less and win leagues, you need to have a good bunch of kids who can take the place of someone whose injured or can aim for a first team place in a couple of seasons. Under Houllier, we never had that. Rafa came in and has bought A LOT of youngsters, both from England, and elsewhere.

With the money we did spend, we won quite a lot, A European Cup, A UEFA Cup, A couple of F.A. cups, A carling cup etc...the league has looked out of our grasp due to our inability to spend our budget on big players.

So, although how you spend it, is important (Houllier wasted a lot on shit players) but you need to have big money nowadays to win the league with the Chelseas and the Man Uniteds spending a lot.

If we can pick up a few more Gems like ARTETA, LESCOTT. and CAHILL over the next couple of seasons we wont be doing too bad. These 3 would walk into the Redshites squad and are as good as any they've bought.

But we got ours for a combined total of about £9 mil, all their buys have been about £9 mil EACH.

Sure they spend more money than us, but has it done them any good.

Those three might walk into our squad, sure but no ways will they be in my first eleven, week in week out.

You have a good team. You could do with a thicker squad though..and as much as ive blamed Moyes for poor transfer moves, Lescott and Johnson this season have had major impact. As you said, if you could get a couple of more players who can do the business, you're looking at a decent league position straight away.

And its not like all of our star players have cost a lot of money. Hyypia was bought for 3 mil, Riise 3.5 Finnan 3.5 and Carra is local. Agger and Reina cost about 6 mil each. So did Sisokko. Although it looks like we have payed over the odds for Crouch, we haven't. We've still only payed like 3-3.2 mil to Southampton. The rest depends on the number of England caps he gets, cup wins etc etc.

Rafa has spent a fair bit on kids..Palletta 2 mil, Anderson 2 mil, Roque, Hobbs, Antwi, El Zhar, Insua. So he's looking to fill a couple of positions in the future with these kids who we hope atleast one of them comes through.

You dont need big money to build a good squad. but you do, toaim for the league looking at the money Man U and Chelsea have spent in the past.

Hello xav, i thought you'd left us mate. You've just backed up exactly what i said.............

""Our board has always backed us with something like 30 million to spend every season,""

Thats close to £100 million in the last three seasons, we havent spent that in ten years, and dont forget we finished ahead of you a couple of seasons ago, slipped up with a bad start last season, but pushing you again now so you havent done too well.

So as i said for all the money you spend doesnt seem to do you any good. I know your going to come back with cups and euro football, but only a month ago red fans were calling for Rafa's head, cos you cant win an away game.

I disagree. When people pick teams to win cups and titles, Liverppol are one of the clubs whose name is chosen as the favorites along with the 'Other Three', not EFC.

Our boards has always backed us with something like 30 million to spend every season, including sales. Thats not really good enough for a title challenge, which our supporters aim for. Wenger did it with Arsenal, credit to him for that. But to spend less and win leagues, you need to have a good bunch of kids who can take the place of someone whose injured or can aim for a first team place in a couple of seasons. Under Houllier, we never had that. Rafa came in and has bought A LOT of youngsters, both from England, and elsewhere.

With the money we did spend, we won quite a lot, A European Cup, A UEFA Cup, A couple of F.A. cups, A carling cup etc...the league has looked out of our grasp due to our inability to spend our budget on big players.

So, although how you spend it, is important (Houllier wasted a lot on shit players) but you need to have big money nowadays to win the league with the Chelseas and the Man Uniteds spending a lot.

Those three might walk into our squad, sure but no ways will they be in my first eleven, week in week out.

You have a good team. You could do with a thicker squad though..and as much as ive blamed Moyes for poor transfer moves, Lescott and Johnson this season have had major impact. As you said, if you could get a couple of more players who can do the business, you're looking at a decent league position straight away.

And its not like all of our star players have cost a lot of money. Hyypia was bought for 3 mil, Riise 3.5 Finnan 3.5 and Carra is local. Agger and Reina cost about 6 mil each. So did Sisokko. Although it looks like we have payed over the odds for Crouch, we haven't. We've still only payed like 3-3.2 mil to Southampton. The rest depends on the number of England caps he gets, cup wins etc etc.

Rafa has spent a fair bit on kids..Palletta 2 mil, Anderson 2 mil, Roque, Hobbs, Antwi, El Zhar, Insua. So he's looking to fill a couple of positions in the future with these kids who we hope atleast one of them comes through.

You dont need big money to build a good squad. but you do, toaim for the league looking at the money Man U and Chelsea have spent in the past.

You just agreed with the basic jist of what we have all been saying with the added red shite ego massage!

Both current and previous managers have spent loads of money compared to what we spent and the only difference between Liverpool & Everton currently is a few points :rolleyes:

Funny how you make an appearence this week!

Edited by GoldfishMemory

Hello xav, i thought you'd left us mate. You've just backed up exactly what i said.............

""Our board has always backed us with something like 30 million to spend every season,""

Thats close to £100 million in the last three seasons, we havent spent that in ten years, and dont forget we finished ahead of you a couple of seasons ago, slipped up with a bad start last season, but pushing you again now so you havent done too well.

So as i said for all the money you spend doesnt seem to do you any good. I know your going to come back with cups and euro football, but only a month ago red fans were calling for Rafa's head, cos you cant win an away game.

But we did beat Wigan :P

Those bastards calling for Rafa's head were fickle idiots. They probably even thought that rotation was the main reason we were losing points. That said, it wasnt only the fact that we werent winning away from home that irritated them, but that we had a very good transfer window and thought that we were well in with a shout for number 19 and still out of the race for the league by early December that did. Anyways, thats a discussion irrelevant to this thread.

We might have spent 70-80 million in the last three seasons but its quite a way less than what Chelsea and Man U have spent. That was the point i was trying to make.

Another point people underestimate is the fact that we had a very poor squad when Benitez took over. He not only did have to build a good first team but also a good squad. So quite a bit of our kitty went into getting a pool of 20 players in. Houllier wasted a lot of money on shit players. Rafa spent the money he got in replacing those players with better ones.

Erm..Where am i going?

Ok. To win a couple of cups, and a regular European spot finish one needs to have a good side. But to win the title one needs to have a brilliant side for which money needs to be spent. And it needs to be there for it to be spent.

Hence, im happy with the investment. Although it has its drawbacks, its a move in the right direction.

You just agreed with the basic jist of what we have all been saying with the added red shite ego massage!

Both current and previous managers have spent loads of money compared to what we spent and the only difference between Liverpool & Everton currently is a few points :rolleyes:

Funny how you make an appearence this week!

Is the difference so black and white? Do you honestly think that there's nothing more to it than that?

And the 'ego messages' arent really ego messages. Everton fans are looking for a European spot. Liverpool fans are looking for us to win the title. We're building a new stadium. We could do without investment but it would mean taht our tranfer kitty would be affected for an n-number of years. Benitez is the best manager we've had for a long while now and it makes sense that he had money to play with (When compared to Chelsea and Man U). Its easier to make a 4 place jump from 9th to 5th place but a LOT tougher to make the same 4 place jump from 4th to 1st. Hence, although it might seem that we've spent quite a lot in the last few years, its only meagre when compared to Chelsea and Utd.

And i can make my appearance whenever i want, thank you. Ive been busy-still am.

Edited by xavier

Xavier said.....""We might have spent 70-80 million in the last three seasons but its quite a way less than what Chelsea and Man U have spent. That was the point i was trying to make.""

And the point i was trying to make is........but its a lot more than we have spent, yet you're not that far ahead of us.

As I said cups and eufa, are a quick fix, but when you come to the long haul of trying to do it week in and week out, its a different matter, 95% of fans dont see you in europe all they see is whats turned out at anfield

and no matter what you do in Cups, if they dont see an improvement and a good return for the money you spend, it soon gets them moaning and Rafa is usually the Target.

I dread to see the situation in 5 years time .

Hows this for starters ..................

Liverpool doing the treble with a team worth 300 million in brand spanking new sparkling stadium laughing their tats off all the way to the bank whilst we sit just across the road staring from a sh!tty old shed thats falling to bits , numerous stadium plans of our own down the pan , our Cahills , Johnsons and Arteta's peering enviousley across the park at the R'S gleamming 60 thousand seater velodrome , not a pot to pi55 in and BK still sitting on his f@t fookin ar5e not willing to let the club '' he loves '' go to someone who is willing to look for and further more invest in a very sizeable asset that could given the chance one again be one of the big 4 .

A very scary scenario but on the balance of things a very real possibility ( ok maybe not the treable part ) . :blink:

The RS as a "product" are light years ahead of us,to say otherwise is nonsense..when was the last time we won a trophy..12 years ago..they win something at regular intervals..and i cant see where another ones coming from.

They've had cash and spent it badly for sure,but the point is this they've had the cash when the massive windfall comes in we're going to be left behind in thier dust that much my fellow Everton chums is a harsh truth.

But as i say some us will settle for being the peoples club...

Willo's post makes a lot of harsh but true reading.

Fook me it just gets worse and worse ..................

I read in the rag today that Manchester City are in talks over as substantial investment / buyout deal worth 70 odd million .

Man City FFS ?????????????????

What is Billy liar playing at , he just sits there on his fat ar5e eating pies all day methinks .

I'am getting so pi55ed off its sikcening . :angry:

But we're the peoples club!!!!!!

And that to anyone else in football is as empty as BK's bowels when Wyness has cleaned them out.

It shows theres cash sloshing round football but seemingly non wants to come our way..draw you're own conclusions from that.

But we're the peoples club!!!!!!

And that to anyone else in football is as empty as BK's bowels when Wyness has cleaned them out.

It shows theres cash sloshing round football but seemingly non wants to come our way..draw you're own conclusions from that.

Still got ur flak jacket fozz , believe me and pat are dusting off and donning ours :lol:

newcastle are on the verge of being taken over aswell, the belgravian group. why doesnt BK fly out to saudi arbia and try and sell the club to a super rich barstool, i dont give a fuck who buys the club as long as they have money, i want to see cups at Goodison and the only way we can do that is if we pull of miricals or get taken over by a faceless billionair. thats my view on it anyway