IGNORED

Babyshambles

Ian

Have to say Pete Doherty is in the quite small group of musicians who everyone thinks is a genius but I just don't get. The Smiths and Joy Division are another two that spring to mind. Worked in the music biz in London for nearly twenty years and there were many, many bands who I personally didn't like but I could see why they were successful and why people would like them. Pete Doherty I don't get...or the Arctic Monkeys come to that.

Have to say Pete Doherty is in the quite small group of musicians who everyone thinks is a genius but I just don't get. The Smiths and Joy Division are another two that spring to mind. Worked in the music biz in London for nearly twenty years and there were many, many bands who I personally didn't like but I could see why they were successful and why people would like them. Pete Doherty I don't get...or the Arctic Monkeys come to that.

Thought he was king of the wankers myself mike and most of his music was, at the risk of sounding old "noise" until this:

>>Jonathan Ross Performance<<

After that I forced myself to listen to his music a few times and I'm now a certified fan :D

in manchester? my mate went.

lucky they played time for heros!

got my Razorlight tickets this mornin thou, so my jealousy isnt so bad now :lol:

Was going to try and get tickets for them meself

The Rifles and The Fratellis are next on the list :D

Arctic Monkeys go on sale today but I dont get paid til the 20th <_< :(

Oh when we got to Manchester we dropped off in the centre of Manc Town (I think it was anyway :blink: )

I then asked how to get to the apollo theatre, it was a 15 minute walk someone said, I couldnt understand why the directions I printed off took me this far away.

So me and me mate finally got there and the apollo was closed...looked at the tickets and it they where playing at the Academy :D

Had to get the bus back to the centre, we where only 5 minutes away if we would have asked for the right venue :rolleyes:

Missed a few pints because of that but soon made up for it :D

Good night anway!

Steve, I have tried to listen to them, but his silly antics and the whole flawed genius thing doesn't work for me. Bit of a twot in my book. Decent tunes though.

ATB

Mac

if you can get past his antics then you'll see he is a great song writer, and a great poet for that matter.

if you listen to the first Libertines album (before the major publicity and drug problem) the song he writen with Carl Barrat were fantastic, the BabyShambles stuff he writen on his own(since problems started, and he is alot cleaner now that over teh last year), though it is good, is not a patch on the Libertines stuff.

Ian - i had that problem in manchester, i went to see Embrace and stayed in the Britania, thought i could walk to the Apolo but went to the other one.

My mate was gunna try for the Arctic Monkeys, not heard from him yet.

a bit gutted by my own stupidity for the Razorlight tickets, could have got them 2days before release through myspace, but forgot and had to get seated tickets

Like I said Steve, I don't mind the music, not a fan but It makes me tap my foot. I am just thinking are his antics responsible in some way for an increase in the popularity of the band. A bit like Preston going on Celeb BB, doing the Ordinary Boys a favour?. I know a musician should be judged on his talent but we don't live in the perfect world, do we?.

ATB

Mac

hes meant to be a lyrical genius.

compared to freddie mercury, james hetfield, phil anselmo and many may argue kurt cobain. he is a nobody.

as far as im concerned doherty is just a big headed druggie whos shaggin a druggie.

you'll find he is anythin but big headed. he wont tell you hes a lyrical genius, he wont big him self up to the press. if you see any interview with him you'll see hes very shy

Ian - was too wasted to tell if it was warm :P

sorry for the delay in getting back...why don't I like him...well lets see...

He is a raving drug addict who took it upon himself to inject an unconcious girl. He tries to generate publicity through doing outrageous acts, such as spraying blood from a syringe, then claims he bought fake blood from a joke shop for a laugh? Pre-mediated?

He has a following of fans who believe that he is a genius, yet, all I see is a smackhead with management?

That said, if everybody liked the same thing, it would be a boring world. This is only my opinion and I would not criticise anybody else for going to one of their concerts or buying there music...is essence, it's just not my thing at all.

;)

Right Said Fred.....Now were talkin lyrical genius.

Amongst my finest moments...I worked on their seminal album "Up," in my previous life. How's about yourself and Mac (and someone with hair) forming a tribute band Pat? I'll be your manager :lol: ! Maybe call yourselves Better dead than Red :P .

Edited by mikeo

Right Said Mac.....I Love it.

Book us Mike.

OK. The plan, as I see it, is an attempt at next years Eurovision Song Contest B) . I'll get the contracts drawn up :P . We'll need Tara and Claire to dance and then whip their skirts off at some stage also, anyone have a problem with that :lol: ?

hes meant to be a lyrical genius.

compared to freddie mercury, james hetfield, phil anselmo and many may argue kurt cobain. he is a nobody.

as far as im concerned doherty is just a big headed druggie whos shaggin a druggie.

Nail on the head..if he wasnt shagging the stick insect nobody would have heard of him and i'll put good money on it nobody will remember him in a couple of years time

you'll find he is anythin but big headed. he wont tell you hes a lyrical genius, he wont big him self up to the press. if you see any interview with him you'll see hes very shy

Ian - was too wasted to tell if it was warm :P

He's shy probably becuase he can barely string 2 words together.