IGNORED

Babyshambles

Ian

Nail on the head..if he wasnt shagging the stick insect nobody would have heard of him and i'll put good money on it nobody will remember him in a couple of years time

He's shy probably becuase he can barely string 2 words together.

do i take it you dont really know much about the guy then?

as his "antics" have been in the tabloids for nearly two years before he even met Kate Moss.

and as for stringing 2words together, do a quick look up of his educational upbringing;

English GCSE A

English Language A Level A

English Literature A Level A

English Literature Degree (was on for a 1st after one and a half years, but then got signed)

do i take it you dont really know much about the guy then?

as his "antics" have been in the tabloids for nearly two years before he even met Kate Moss.

and as for stringing 2words together, do a quick look up of his educational upbringing;

English GCSE A

English Language A Level A

English Literature A Level A

English Literature Degree (was on for a 1st after one and a half years, but then got signed)

And that means what??..anything??

Oh i knew about him a long time back i thought the Libertines had some potential tbh but the evil of drugs wasted that band and has turned him into this groteque muso that he is now.

He's a smack head like many others before him and as such have no sympahty at all with him,but please this utter bollocks about him being a poet is a pile of crap.

The end of the line is this he's a smackhead and a wastrel he may have had some talent but frankly we'll never know how good/bad he could have been..how the man had the bare faced cheek to show his drug addled face in public after the shambolic live 8 "performance" last year is beyond me.

I love Nirvana but i dont see Cobain as a "poet" or a spokesman for a generation or any other things he's been called he was a smackhead who took the easy way out leaving a daughter behind (unforgivable in my book) but the massive difference between him and dohrty is that Cobain could and did write supurb songs,songs that sound as fresh today as they did back when they came out and that is something dohrty will never do..just release forgetable pap that noone will ever listen again.

Foz - im sure the will be quite a few people who will have Dohertys song still playing when we get old. Time for heros, albion, music when the lights go out, a whole lot more for myself.

and drug abuse has been rife in the music industry for many a decade, did the beatles never use drugs? the rolling stones? oasis? queen? elton john?

and by calling Doherty a poet i didnt mean from his songs, i just meant he writes poets

Foz - im sure the will be quite a few people who will have Dohertys song still playing when we get old. Time for heros, albion, music when the lights go out, a whole lot more for myself.

and drug abuse has been rife in the music industry for many a decade, did the beatles never use drugs? the rolling stones? oasis? queen? elton john?

and by calling Doherty a poet i didnt mean from his songs, i just meant he writes poets

ive made that point countless times, if people dont like his music its fair enough, i dislike some of the stuff ive heard people like on this forum, all opinions, but people forget how long drugs have been used for many decades now, Jimmy Hendrix, The Beatles - Legends in quite alot of peoples lives but there acceptable as there music is more popular :D

(what do you think of the new EP Steve?)

Samuel Taylor Coleridge...real poet and addict, there's a long proud history of drug fueled genius. Doesn't mean Pete Doherty's good or bad, just means that the fact that he's an addict doesn't define his talent and isn't really relevant to a discussion on his musical ability (in my opinion).

Samuel Taylor Coleridge...real poet and addict, there's a long proud history of drug fueled genius. Doesn't mean Pete Doherty's good or bad, just means that the fact that he's an addict doesn't define his talent and isn't really relevant to a discussion on his musical ability (in my opinion).

the best post in this thread!!!

ive made that point countless times, if people dont like his music its fair enough, i dislike some of the stuff ive heard people like on this forum, all opinions, but people forget how long drugs have been used for many decades now, Jimmy Hendrix, The Beatles - Legends in quite alot of peoples lives but there acceptable as there music is more popular :D

(what do you think of the new EP Steve?)

exactly, it seems to me that if people are a fan of the artist/addict they turn a blind eye to the problems they have.

im a huge Hendrix fan, watchin some of his performances inspired me to pick up the guitar myself (i even tried playing playing a lefty in a shop upside down to see if it would make me play like him) it never bothered me that he took drugs, he was still an amazing guitarist and show man. as were the Beatles, but people never start slagging off Lennon for his use of drugs, it was even quite obvious in many a song a performance that they were under the influence.

Poeple see Doherty in the press with his eyes rolled, falling down in the street, going in and out of court and assume "look at the state of him, his music must be shite!" or thats how it seemed to me.

this may be irrelevent to most people but, my sister works in a court in the big smoke, he was in there for a trial in the summer for posession. she asked him for an autograph for me explaining im a big fan, he said "No! But whats his name and i'll see you tommorow!" the next day when entering the court room he walked to my sister and gave her an envelope inside was the following

1506525575_l.jpg

it may not be much, but i think it was a realy nice thing to do, and somethin that ill keep on my wall for as long as i can

im rambling now

but ian, i love the Blinding, but the rest of the EP is pretty good, took a couple of listens to get into it thou

Music is personal.

The magic of it.

God Ide be hypocrtical to be slagging of Drugies. Those whom live in glass houses n all.

My comments regarded A personal opinion of overatedness in regards to Jimbo Morrison.

Long live "77" style R.I.P - Joe Strummer .

Music is personal.

The magic of it.

God Ide be hypocrtical to be slagging of Drugies. Those whom live in glass houses n all.

My comments regarded A personal opinion of overatedness in regards to Jimbo Morrison.

Long live "77" style R.I.P - Joe Strummer .

i thought Jim Morrison was awesome in Waynes World 2 :lol:

was that in Waynes World 2?

im thinking one of the Bill & Ted Movies now?

See it always turns the full circle back to the original thread & let it be a lesson to Doherty ?

Drugs are no good, youll end up like Pat & think life is Wayne & Ted's Excellent worldy Adventure... ;)

Amongst my finest moments...I worked on their seminal album "Up," in my previous life. How's about yourself and Mac (and someone with hair) forming a tribute band Pat? I'll be your manager :lol: ! Maybe call yourselves Better dead than Red :P .

My interest is being stirred.

I am a classically trained guitarist, who has been playing since the age of 4.

I could play the guitar and get myself a Jeremy Clarkson style wig to round up the whole act!

now that would be class! lmao!

My interest and ego are being stroked very nicely.

right.jpg

this is just a little too scary!

:)

Andy I think we are to something!!!!.

OK. The plan, as I see it, is an attempt at next years Eurovision Song Contest B) . I'll get the contracts drawn up :P . We'll need Tara and Claire to dance and then whip their skirts off at some stage also, anyone have a problem with that :lol: ?

T is well up for it.

Mike. Looks like Ill be the Lyrical genius of Right Said Mac.....Overnight I had an epiphiny for a totally original concept.

Im' 2 Sexy For My Shed, 2 sexy 4 my Shed, 2 , Yeh thats what I fookin said..Im 2 sexy 4 my shed... ;)

I think we have a No1 hit on our hands, boys, I think we could be bigger than Jesus.

Sings* your my mate, my mate, I'll stand by you*

LMFAO

ATB

Mac

Edited by Mac