IGNORED

Arteta To Athletico

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i agree, if we got £10m thats an £8m profit from what we paid, arteta's good but he's not that good, that we should refuse the chance to make that sort of money from him.as i've said before there are a world full of players out there, we could find a replacement if we looked.

I agree with the business concept but it concerns me that according to stats it would cost us 20 mil plus to buy a player as usefull to the team as him!

I'm unsure on this subject but when you consider that the Actim Stats read (Prices assumed by me):

1 - Frank Lampard - Chelsea - 25 mil

2 - Cristiano Ronaldo - Manchester United - 25-30 mil

3 - Gareth Barry - Aston Villa - :huh:

4 - Mikel Arteta - Everton - ???

5 - Cesc Fabregas - Arsenal - 20 mil +

So apart from Gareth Barry who would proberbly go for 8-10 mil or more if we're honest, Micky is definatly worth a chunk more than 10 million quid!

>>Actim top 100<<

Just a thought.

My earlier post, meaning to get a player who is as usefull to the team as Micky im mid we would most likely have to pay 20 mil or unearth another gem!

Can you think of another player who could come in for a couple of mil & become one of the top 4 midfielders in the premier league?

Arteta is also the only player outside the top 4 teams who is in the premierleague team of the season & a regular team of the week member!!

What I'm saying is dont underestimate his contribution.

Edited by GoldfishMemory

use the money to sign fernandes or nolan neither would cost £20m,also as arteta seems to play wide alot i'd like to see us make a move for pedersen from blackburn i don't think he'd cost £20m do you?

I honestly think they would want 8 mil plus and if you speak to any Blackburn fan he goes missing for huge sections of the game!

I think your missing the point anyway the Actim Index rates a player on the specific attributs they should bring to the game from their respective positions and as a Midfielder Arteta is one of the best at doing his job and 10 mil wouldnt buy us any of his competitors for top midfielder. Nolan doesnt even rate in the top 100 and Barton is 63rd and I rate both of them.

We as a team would miss Micky's input and he would be extreamly hard to replace with a similarly effective player.

Having said that 8mil profit is massive but do we want to sell our best players just because theres a profit to be made like West Ham did before they dropped out the league last time??

Don't take this the wrong way, but i think you might be suffering from a small case of what i describe as 'moyes syndrome' in that you only seem to think we have to buy players from this country, forgetting that football is world game with a world full of players, however it does'nt help that we no scouting network whatsoever does it.

^^ agreed ^^ if the players we require are not available here, there are Thousands of the required standard right across the Globe, and at a cheaper going rate.

finally someone agrees with me, i think some of the others are being a bit naive, there is a reason wenger buys foreign all the time because he knows he can get a better player for less money than he would if he bought one from this country.

Don't take this the wrong way, but i think you might be suffering from a small case of what i describe as 'moyes syndrome' in that you only seem to think we have to buy players from this country, forgetting that football is world game with a world full of players, however it does'nt help that we no scouting network whatsoever does it.

No i'm not and i'm just digging myself in deeper by trying to explain my self I will however add that you seem to forget that Moyes isnt capable of scouting talent from our own academy never mind the far flung reaches of the continent!

Weather i'm suffering 'moyes syndrome' or not it will be MOYES replacing Arteta should he go!!

• 3 weeks later...
he didnt say anythin last time he came out and said that himself that the newspaper lied. and £6.8mil is a joke for him, at least £16.8mil. dont believe the hype
I totally agree. For 6.8 million we would never be able to find a player that is good enough to replace him. Nothing under 12 million should be looked at and even then I would still want more. I really hope we can keep him. He is a big key for our future.

Not to much in it really nothing to start looking for a replacement just yet anyway. Players like arteta will allways be linked with moves. look at alonso for example he has been linked with a move to every team in the spanish division. and they use crap like ow yes he was freinds with torres in the under 21's and they want to play togeter theve sais that about both of them, if torres want to play woth arteta that bad he can come and play for us. Besides like moyes said know one can afford him.......eg if spurs can drag 18 milll out of man u for carrick we should be able to make at least that for arteta.

Edited by Jackelz

It´s all me @rse,the only way he´ll go is if he wants to,wich he´s repeatedly said he doesn´t want to.So if he changes his mind good bye and good luck.You can´t keep him if he wants to go But we will want 12million for him.

Since when have poeple started to believe anything they read or hear by SKY?NOTICE IT SAYS RUMOURED!Sky runs the same storys,and thats what it is a story.When they are bored or have nowt better to run.

If we get offered £10m or more- we must sell.

I know we won't replace him for that kind of money, but we paid £2m - not a bad return. We can't offer him what he wants, so let's make a few quid out of the bugger and send him off with our best wishes and thanks.

ATB

Mac

If we get offered £10m or more- we must sell.

I know we won't replace him for that kind of money, but we paid £2m - not a bad return. We can't offer him what he wants, so let's make a few quid out of the bugger and send him off with our best wishes and thanks.

ATB

Mac

Why must we sell?I know 400% profit is good,but he´s still worth more than that.If he´s happy here why should he go?Why can´t we offer him what he wants?

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0400eve...-name_page.html

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/arte...-me-better.html

I don't think it'll be this summer we'll lose him but it could be in the near future

I think it really comes down to two things that he wants, other than money. The first is he wants to play in Europe. It is vital that we make it this year to show that the club is definitely going in the right direction and improving. The second is a call up for Spain. We have no control over this but hopefully sometime in the near future he gets the call up. He definitely deserves. If he did get a call up for the national team the situation might be a little different. It's just my opinion.

If we don't automatically qualify for the UEFA Cup (not via the Intertoto in other words) he will go. If we do, we have a chance to convince him to at least give us next season.

It must be an early decision by all though - no selling him on 29th August.

He's said himself that it doesnt matter how we get into Europe, if we have to go in through the back door then that's fine by him