IGNORED

Arteta To Athletico

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really can't see him wanting to leave to be honest, if we get into Europe this year thats twice in the 2 n half years hes been here so he'l see us as a team thats improving!! If rumours are right Torres wont be there next season either and that makes them look like theyre takin a step backwards!! Hope im right anyway!!

Anybody know how to say piss off in Spanish?? If you do can you ring BK and let him know please hes in the phonebook under potless!!! :)

Edited by smeghead1

Doesn't look good at all. feelin it myself now :( and Mikel's my Fave player, hope we dont let him go.

It does sound like a bit of a 'come and get me plea'

where did you get that from?

Mikel hasn't said anything, so how can it be a come and get me?

all he said weeks ago is that he will have options, going through the motions of getting a new improved deal, which he deserves!

i dont think for a second he will leave.

if they dont offer him anew deal he may leave the season after when he has one year left on his contract

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...p;channel=&

Arteta opens door to Atletico

By Mark Kendall - Created on 8 Feb 2007

I would like to return to Spain," he told Cadena SER. "It is something that will always be there,

but I have to find the right moment and the ideal club.

"If somebody wants me, they will have to talk to Everton"

" I have friends there like Fernando Torres with whom I have played for Spain's youth teams

and we have always got on well," he continued.

"It's a great club that seems to have a project for the future, that is performing better every year

and it's normal that they are already thinking about new players."

Say goodbye My darling, say Goodbuy, Say goodbuy My darling say Goodbye.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...p;channel=&

Arteta opens door to Atletico

By Mark Kendall - Created on 8 Feb 2007

I would like to return to Spain," he told Cadena SER. "It is something that will always be there,

but I have to find the right moment and the ideal club.

"If somebody wants me, they will have to talk to Everton"

" I have friends there like Fernando Torres with whom I have played for Spain's youth teams

and we have always got on well," he continued.

"It's a great club that seems to have a project for the future, that is performing better every year

and it's normal that they are already thinking about new players."

Say goodbye My darling, say Goodbuy, Say goodbuy My darling say Goodbye.

shit

I think he will go, he obviously feels that he will never get into the spanish team while playing for us, & ive got to agree with him, but ive got a feeling that we might have lined up barton to replace him in the summer, which IMO would be very good business.

But then again if BK is involved in this hes probably lined up kilbane to replace him.

everyone stop shitting themselves!

check the OS

And I quote...although it's linked elsewhere..

The player himself is angered by the reports, pointing out they have derived from an interview with a Spanish journalist in which he was asked if he would like to play again in Spain one day.

Although Mikel admitted playing in Spain would appeal to him in the future, the suggestion that the reply implied a move would take place in the summer has baffled the midfielder.

And Moyes has no intention of letting go of his talented playmaker even if a bid were to come in - with Atletico Madrid being linked in the media.

He said: “There is no chance of Mikel going. He is an integral part of what we are doing here and a valued member of our squad. He will not be sold. Even if someone in Spain wanted to buy him, they could not afford him.”

You can believe it or you can not believe it, but the paranoia is getting a bit out of hand now surely. Nothing to be done but wait and see.

""He will not be sold. Even if someone wanted to buy him, they could not afford him.”"

Seems ive heard things like that said before (rooney), but every player has a price, plus if Mikel wanted to go they would have to sell, or lose him for nothing.

Players are just like other commodity's they will sell if they get a good price for him.

""He will not be sold. Even if someone wanted to buy him, they could not afford him.”"

Seems ive heard things like that said before (rooney), but every player has a price, plus if Mikel wanted to go they would have to sell, or lose him for nothing.

Players are just like other commodity's they will sell if they get a good price for him.

True.But I think Arteta will stay for at least another season,he seems happy he´s playing well and enjoying being the most talented midfielder in the prem.I think if we don´t make a european spot this or next season we will start to have players like Arts,Cahill getting itchy feet.

post-2727-1171032767_thumb.jpg

MOYES LAUGHS OFF ARTETA TALK

Everton boss David Moyes insists Mikel Arteta is going nowhere.

The Blues' midfielder has been linked with a possible return to Spain in the summer.

The player himself is angered by the reports, pointing out they have derived from an interview with a Spanish journalist in which he was asked if he would like to play again in Spain one day.

Although Mikel admitted playing in Spain would appeal to him in the future, the suggestion that the reply implied a move would take place in the summer has baffled the midfielder.

And Moyes has no intention of letting go of his talented playmaker even if a bid were to come in - with Atletico Madrid being linked in the media.

He said: “There is no chance of Mikel going. He is an integral part of what we are doing here and a valued member of our squad. He will not be sold. Even if someone in Spain wanted to buy him, they could not afford him.”

Arteta, now 24, has netted six goals this season and is once again in the running for the Everton Player of the Year award he picked up last year.

got it off the net.. well PHOOEY to that rumor.. he stays with us!

£10M bid from Athletic is what I am hearing.

Wouldn't be suprised if Arteta wanted to go if a decent bid from a team who look like getting Champions League football comes in for him.

Don't really buy in to this " I love it here, and am going nowhere.."or " we don't want to sell.." If the right offer is made to a player then he will get a move arranged, or if the right offer is made to a club then they will sell.

Love Arteta myself and don't want him to go anywhere - But the truth is that given his ability, lots of other clubs will be interested in him, and if they are more competative than us in whichever league they play in or can offer a better chance of regular CL football then he will move, what player wouldn't, Its human nature and modern football.

That is the problem of most clubs in our situation - if any player shows good ability then another club come in a try to buy him.

You have got to be very quick to build a competative team nowadays, otherwise you start to lose your best players before you get the chance to bring other quality players in. Its a sad truth I am afraid.

^^ I agree ^^ If the right figures sre bandied about he will want to move, or the club will agree to the sale. Either way the figure received should be adequate for a replacement. No probs.

But we have to concentrate on bringing in some Wide players. For me Arteta and the team, look more dangerous when he plays either wing. Attacking wide opens up the centre of defence and increases the opportunity for strikers to get on the Scoresheet, there's less congestion in the Area.

i would take a cool 20m for him because thats how much it would cost 2 replace him

Nooo, between 8 and 10m is a more realistic figure, dont forget he only cost us 2m, and anything near Ten mill is good business for the Club, and without a doubt they would be tempted to sell at anywhere near that price.

Have said in previous posts that Nolan or Barton would be my replacement, 8/10m would buy either of them, but have also said we would have to invest in Wide players.

The Everton system at the mo is Awfull the only balls that go to the wing are the big hoofs up to Johnson out by the corner flag, they try everything through the middle into a congested area and are just no Good at it.