IGNORED

F1 Chat

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

They're both entitled, therefore the perfect fit? :lol:

Unless they make a huge jump then he's got no chance of winning another title there. McLaren look like the ones that will challenge. He's going there for the prestige of saying he drove for Ferrari, the romance of it all. Like Vettel found when he did the same thing, it could quickly turn into a nightmare and I hope it does.

I also hope Sainz has a brilliant last season for them to really stick it to them because they've done him dirty big time. They were clearly dragging their heels on his new deal because they'd been talking to Hamilton in secret.

It's funny that when Hamilton signed his recent contract he said he'd always been in the Mercedes family right from the start and he wanted to end that way too. So maybe he already knows this years Mercedes is going to be a bag of shite again so is going to risk going elsewhere. And a risk is exactly what it is if he's looking for another title.

It is a risk, and yet maybe a risk worth taking, because in his 2-3 seasons left he knows he’s not got a chance of winning the title again at Mercedes. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

It is a risk, and yet maybe a risk worth taking, because in his 2-3 seasons left he knows he’s not got a chance of winning the title again at Mercedes. 

It looks like he's got no chance of winning the title again at Ferrari either.

For me, he's going there just to say he's driven for Ferrari. Like, "I'm not going to win again anyway, so I may as well get it on my CV".

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

Reverse is the case imo; far better chance of winning the title with Mercedes (eight titles in the last ten years) than Ferrari (nothing since 2008).

• 3 weeks later...

11m ago15:33

Horner confirmed to stay as Red Bull team boss

Red Bull GmbH have put out a statement on Christian Horner:

"The independent investigation into the allegations made against Mr Horner is complete, and Red Bull can confirm that the grievance has been dismissed. 

"The complainant has a right of appeal. Red Bull is confident that the investigation has been fair, rigorous and impartial.  

"The investigation report is confidential and contains the private information of the parties and third parties who assisted in the investigation, and therefore we will not be commenting further out of respect for all concerned. Red Bull will continue striving to meet the highest workplace standards."

39 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Indeed, still wouldn't risk betting against Verstappen for the race though. Watched P1 but missed P2, what happened to Lando? Car problem presumably, Piastri got a decent time in though.

I’m not sure, I only caught the end of it.

Yeah, I’d be surprised if when it comes to the crunch tomorrow that Red Bull aren’t at the very front. And probably by a bit of a distance too. Just think they got their set up wrong today - the baby was complaining all day. 

18 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m not sure, I only caught the end of it.

Yeah, I’d be surprised if when it comes to the crunch tomorrow that Red Bull aren’t at the very front. And probably by a bit of a distance too. Just think they got their set up wrong today - the baby was complaining all day. 

Perez was now mentioning about the issue when shifting gears. Still, looking forward to quali now & just hope the other teams are at the very least close. Mercedes could be more competitive than first thought.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Ferrari are showing that Hamilton has made the right decision to join them if he ever wants to have a chance of winning the championship again. Mercedes are falling further behind Red Bull, Ferrari, and McLaren at every race day. 

42 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think Ferrari are showing that Hamilton has made the right decision to join them if he ever wants to have a chance of winning the championship again. Mercedes are falling further behind Red Bull, Ferrari, and McLaren at every race day. 

Hamilton may have made the right decision, whether Ferrari have is highly questionable:D

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Hamilton may have made the right decision, whether Ferrari have is highly questionable:D

I get where you’re coming from, it will be interesting to see how it pans out when it comes round. 
I hope McLaren can improve more this year it would be nice to think 4-5 drivers all have a realistic chance of winning any race, I know Redbull are still in front but others are slowly closing the gap. 
Did I see Ron Dennis in the Ferrari pit or just a good lookalike? Forget that mate it was Fred Vasseur.