IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

If anyone is as excited as I am to see the Avengers (movie), please do not make the mistake that i've just done, DO NOT read the Daily Mail review of the film, the twat who writes it only spoils an integral part of the story, straight out. No fucking about, no covering it up, he pretty much spills a major storyline...if only I had a 'Portal' gun, i'd fire one into the floor and drive all the way down to his office, place the other above his head and drive back, just to push a really f*cking heavy filing cabinet in...what an absolute tosser.

Again DO NOT read the review in the Daily 'spoil-the-whole-frigging-film-for-everybody-because-i've-seen-it-c*nt' Mail.

Guest Nikica

If anyone is as excited as I am to see the Avengers (movie), please do not make the mistake that i've just done, DO NOT read the Daily Mail review of the film, the twat who writes it only spoils an integral part of the story, straight out. No fucking about, no covering it up, he pretty much spills a major storyline...if only I had a 'Portal' gun, i'd fire one into the floor and drive all the way down to his office, place the other above his head and drive back, just to push a really f*cking heavy filing cabinet in...what an absolute tosser.

Again DO NOT read the review in the Daily 'spoil-the-whole-frigging-film-for-everybody-because-i've-seen-it-c*nt' Mail.

Interesting that you mention this, as I was going to mention this film. Over the last few years I have let the geek inside me out, and am now quite a big fan of comic books and superheroes. I am looking forward to the Avengers immensely, particularly since I found out it's out here a week earlier than in the States.

I have seen four of the five movies which lead into the Avengers - I will probably watch the one I haven't seen, Thor, later tonight, as I plan to go to a screening tomorrow.

I'm sorry you read a review with spoilers. Some people simply have no respect for others. Thanks for the warning.

I am going to ask my grandad if he fancies going with me tomorrow, as he quite likes superhero movies as well.

Edited by Nikica

Nikica, you have a fellow nerd here...people who know of me don't know of it and from the outside looking in, you probably wouldn't be able to tell i was either but I absolutely love all that stuff, got into graphic novels when i was a kid and never looked back.

I liked Thor, entertaining enough, just don't expect a complex storyline or indepth character development. It has to skim over these bits to get to the action sequences ;)

I can't wait for the Avengers...IMAX 3D in Manchester? Yes f*cking please.

Iron Man 3 starts shooting in September as well...wonderful stuff.

Guest Nikica

Nikica, you have a fellow nerd here...people who know of me don't know of it and from the outside looking in, you probably wouldn't be able to tell i was either but I absolutely love all that stuff, got into graphic novels when i was a kid and never looked back.

I liked Thor, entertaining enough, just don't expect a complex storyline or indepth character development. It has to skim over these bits to get to the action sequences wink.png

I can't wait for the Avengers...IMAX 3D in Manchester? Yes f*cking please.

Iron Man 3 starts shooting in September as well...wonderful stuff.

Top man. Perhaps we are kindred spirits in this respect. What are your favourite graphic novels? I haven't read loads of comics, but I haev read some. I've seen a lot of cartoons based on comics though: Batman TAS is the best cartoon I have seen, and I am also a big fan of the Ninja Turtles, their 2003 cartoon is very good and the comics it is based on are very violent. I grew up with the TMNT and am a very big fan.

TMNT was my thing as a youth too.

The Boys by Garth Ennis is incredible. Others by ennis include Hellblazer and Preacher (series')

Watchmen, V for Vendetta, From Hell, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen by Alan Moore

Marvel Zombie's series is class.

Don't even like Star Wars that much but some of the Graphic Novels were class, really enjoyed the Boba/Jango Fett storylines.

Batman - some of the Graphic Novels had much darker, more twisted storylines including the Killing Joke.

Transmetropolitan were good.

The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman (Buy the compendium)...I don't care what anyone says but the Graphic Novel is far better than the show.

Guest Nikica

The Boys by Garth Ennis is incredible. Others by ennis include Hellblazer and Preacher (series')

Watchmen, V for Vendetta, From Hell, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen by Alan Moore

Don't even like Star Wars that much but some of the Graphic Novels were class, really enjoyed the Boba/Jango Fett storylines.

Batman - some of the Graphic Novels had much darker, more twisted storylines including the Killing Joke.

The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman (Buy the compendium)...I don't care what anyone says but the Graphic Novel is far better than the show.

Watchmen is brilliant. I've heard of the other three in that line, but have only read or watched V for Vendetta (and the From Hell film).

The Walking Dead comics are fantastic, I am on issue 85. They're far superior to the show, although next season looks interesting with the prison, the Governor and Michonne being introduced.

I always thought I would hate the original Star Wars trilogy, but I finally watched it a year ago and really enjoyed it.

The Killing Joke is fantastic, as are some of the other one-shots/series, such as I, Joker, Gotham by Gaslight, A Serious House on Serious Earth, The Long Halloween, Hush, and Death in the Family. I keep meaning to read the Knightfall saga and, amazingly, I still haven't read the Dark Knight Returns.

Guest Nikica

Also, have you read any of Preacher, Sandman, 100 Bullets or Y the Last Man? I've read a little of them all. And have you seen the Death Note anime? Amazing.

Oh they are by far, i have some old James Bond Graphic Novels and the storylines are different and with much more violence.

Also, have you read any of Preacher, Sandman, 100 Bullets or Y the Last Man? I've read a little of them all. And have you seen the Death Note anime? Amazing.

Preacher, I listed :) Sandman, too wacky for me...great story but too inconsistant and 'headfucky'...100 Bullets I want to start and Y the Last Man, I've heard good stuff about but haven't read.

Seriously check out The Boys though Nik, its amazing, you too pris. It has a character in called Wee Hughie, designed on Simon Pegg, so he's a patron of the series.

Oh they are by far, i have some old James Bond Graphic Novels and the storylines are different and with much more violence.

Not seen the JB stuff, however i might keep an eye out now you've mentioned it.

Hands up here also I'm a nerd when it comes to Marvel and Dc but more so Marvel I've been a fan for years and whilst like now stuck at work always read the comics online.....yep nerd.

I've been looking forward to this for a long time and I clicked a link that I shouldn't have on youtube earlier "couldn't help it :)" for the last 20 seconds of the film to see who the big villian was at the end that will be the main antagonist in the sequel.

I obviuosly won't say who it is but if you know your stuff and what route the comics go down when you see the film you will know it makes for a very good plot!!

Going to watch it on Thursday hopefully!

Guest Nikica

Sorry tenacious, I missed that in reading your reply.

Paul - yeah, there's a lot of stigma attached to liking comics, but I think that's just people being narrow-minded. Some comics and graphic novels are very powerful and possess thematic merit.

I will be honest -I haven't read that much of the Avengers, I know more about the superheroes separately than as a group (this time last year I was far more familiar with DC's Justice League), but I will keep an eye on that tomorrow.

My grandad cannot make it but has offered to come with me next week for a repeat viewing. This means I am doing the 'sad' thing of going alone to the cinema tomorrow, as nobody else I know is particularly interested in superheroes. I am going early afternoon so hopefully it won't be too busy and I won't receive any funny looks. Wish me luck!

Preacher, I listed smile.png Sandman, too wacky for me...great story but too inconsistant and 'headfucky'...100 Bullets I want to start and Y the Last Man, I've heard good stuff about but haven't read.

Seriously check out The Boys though Nik, its amazing, you too pris. It has a character in called Wee Hughie, designed on Simon Pegg, so he's a patron of the series.

Not seen the JB stuff, however i might keep an eye out now you've mentioned it.

I'll dig them out and see who did them :)

Watching Real Madrid and Bayern Munich on ITV. Real are looking much the better team and deserved to be 2-0 up so early, I agree with the penatly that they won and I agree with the penalty that they gave away (what a cock Pepe is).. what a game this is turning out to be.

I believe that Real Madrid will win however - come on! (actually really, really want them to win because I was going to put a bet on Munich to win and didn't, so I'd never forgive myself).

I'd want Madrid to win actually, these two always met about this stage between 1998-2003 from what I remember, there was some classic encounters and great players, Elber, Anelka, Jancker, Hierro, Kahn, Casillas, Effenberg, Figo etc, Madrid won more often than not though.

Probably favor AC Milan as a favorite Euro side, what a history they have and super past players, second only to European Cup wins to Madrid now.

Hope the Spanish go through tonight, had a most frustrating last two nights for soccer action, third time lucky please. unsure.png

What a fucking surprise that was dry.png

The damn awful slimy Chiles seems almost foaming at the mouth tonight, Southgate is OK, I can tolerate him, seems decent enough.

Fuck Munich tonight but hope they beat the plastics in the Final next month, home advantage too. When the time comes, I won't be impartial. But tonight was disappointing. sad.png

Guest Nikica

1st season was one of the best anime I've ever see. Have you watched Code Geass?

First of all, I talked about the RM-Bayern game in the sports thread, so I won't bother replying to some of the good discussion about it here.

I have never seen Code Geass no, I had never even heard of it until you mentioned it. I googled it and it does appeal. Thanks for alerting me to it Pete. Yes, Death Note was absolutely fantastic, L in particular is an incredible character.

I saw the Avengers yesterday at the cinema lads. It was really good, not perfect by any means but a very enjoyable film. I still think The Dark Knight Rises will be superior but it certainly has a challenge here. I won't bother discussing anything from the film as I don't want to spoil anything, but rest assured as fellow geeks you will enjoy it immensely.smile.png

Guest Nikica

Nik...saw it tonight (Avengers)...fuck me. I loved it, it was a lot funnier than I expected but it only added to my enjoyment. Did you stay after the credits?

Yes mate, I seen the mid-credits scene.

The Poseidon Adventure. It's on Film Four now, watching bits and pieces inbetween other things.

Never seen this all the way through and it won't be today either, but it is a good film release from what I've seen before. If there's ship disasters and nautical events etc, then it usually gets my attention, even if the events are fictitious.

Nik...saw it tonight (Avengers)...fuck me. I loved it, it was a lot funnier than I expected but it only added to my enjoyment. Did you stay after the credits?

Going to see it on Wednesday but like I said saw the last bit on Youtube because I'm an impatient bastardo......INFINITY GAUNTLET!