IGNORED

The Land Of Milk And Honey V England

Famous for being the home of Jesus and just as famous for not being the home of Moses, England play Whoaaaaahoooa the Israelites today at 6:30 pm IST, this my cause some problems in the Zed house hold as Dancing on Ice champion of Champions is also on at the same time

So, whos going to win. My money is on Kieran Bracken, hes a natural, cant stand that Bonny langford, but the blonde proffessional skater is fit as a butchers dog.

This being a proper qualifier im getting a bit excited, but seeing as Steve (I even make sven look passionate) Mclaren is the manager,-im a bit un-interested really. Got to go for an england win, we're on the same points as Israel though, so they're decent

We have two Everton players in the England team, wow, whats going on there. If Mclaren gets his head out of his arse, Mr Lescott would be there also, never mind Jamie (never played left back ever, Oh I play for the shite dont I) Carra. Lescott should be there, without a dought in my mind. Just hope AJ scores a hatrick and comes "home" safe and well

If we loose though Mclaren might get the bullet

for me its a double edged Sword of Damocles

why are Israel in the Euro cup tho? there part of africa arent they?

Qualification lines may be a bit blurred...but Israel is certainly not in Africa..

israel_nbr90.jpg

Asia more likely, but then the majority of Turkey is in Asia also. Problem is that if Israel were in groups with the rest of the middle east then they'd all start killing each other....not that they don't do that already, they'd just have another platform for it...quite apart from the fact that a number of ME countries don't even acknowledge Israel's existance.

Stevo Australia is Sth East Asia mate, so much so that on quiet the Indochinese want it back ..LOL...They refer to Oz as "West Irianjaya", Irinjaya being an Idonesian province.( disputed by the native Kumuls of course)

Mike hits nail on head & Israel were in Asian conf many moon's ago -> something to do with a neighbourhood spat, forced the governing bodies hand. :)

Further Trivia I learned on weekend, useless but Interesting, The Australian team, got lumped with the name Socceroos during the Vietnam war, being The only Idiots mad enuff to play there.

Aparently, the match was played before a full house in Saigon ( Ho Chi min City, Now) during a North & VC push on the city, with no need for fireworks or half time entertainment.

The Tracer fire, mortar rounds & rockets, some 3 miles from the ground kept everyone more than entertained.

As for the result, I wouldt no. :)

Reasons England are so bad...

-McClaren went for the "no one is bigger than the team" approach and dropped Beckham who has been consistently good at International level, and who JT described as a leader. This approach has clearly backfired.

- You always go for best 11 players rather than best TEAM

- Lampard, apart from the fact he can't play with Gerrard anyway, he just gets the ball and kicks as hard as he can towards wherever you are shooting.

- Paul Robinson - I know you didn't concede any, but this guy is garbage anyway.

- Players are not picked on form or ability - they are picked because of their reputation.

- Underperforming players are not dropped - Reducing any form of motivation.

- Rooney = overpaid, overrated bawbag.

- Pundits are setting the expectations FAR too high.

Edited by GMC

why are Israel in the Euro cup tho? there part of africa arent they?

Isreal is considered part of Europe now (well at least in football). This is not really a geographical divide, but actually a Political divide. Under the influence of USA and UK, Isreal is considered in such a way. Talking from Geographics point of view, it is part of Middle East whom some consider that region to be part of West Asia....

Qualification lines may be a bit blurred...but Israel is certainly not in Africa..

israel_nbr90.jpg

Asia more likely, but then the majority of Turkey is in Asia also. Problem is that if Israel were in groups with the rest of the middle east then they'd all start killing each other....not that they don't do that already, they'd just have another platform for it...quite apart from the fact that a number of ME countries don't even acknowledge Israel's existance.

From political point of view, ME countries do not ack Isreal because it was a country created by UK from ME land for the fleeing Jewish people from the WW2.Further more, Isreal has further occupied the Palestinain land after the ME war and has made the Palestinains prisoners of their occupied land...Now you know why the palestinians blow themself up...lol..not that they wanna kill the Jewsih people but they want they want their land back and not be a prioner of their very own land.Well that a bit of politics for you....We can dispute these findings all day, but if you stand from a neutral point of view you would understand what i said... :)

australia are now governed by the asian football authorities, strange

Australia chose to be a part of Asian football. The primary reason is, Aust is a strong footballing country in this region, and being part of Asia will enable them to qualify for world cup easily has they can win most Asian countries during world cup qualifications. If it was as ealier, they need to play some oceana countries and Brazil to qualify which has made it real tuff for them to qualify over the years.