IGNORED

Charlton

aaron

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take another last minute one nil winner after playing poorly.

I dont care how we win aslong as we do,Charlton under Pardew look very orginised and will come to Goodison to get a point which for them would be a good point. Just hope Matty Holland doesnt score his once a season wonder strike against us.

Hit most of that on the head,Eh Moyes you Ginger twit give me job as head scout.

Cracking goal by Faddy, not a very good peformance from the lads but its the results that matter at this stage of the season. We have to play better than that to get the 3 points at Upton Park, it's a 3 points we have to get with Manure the game after that.
World class goal from Faddy. I was disappointed with how we played today but like you said 3 points is all that matters. From here on out every game is going to be extremely tough. We need all the points we can get.

Here are the "magic numbers" - the combination of points that Everton need to gain and/or the other team needs to drop to guarantee finishing ahead of them. I'm assuming we win any tiebreakers since the lads are clobbering all these teams on goal differential.

Bolton - 12

Tottenham - 10

Portsmouth - 7

Reading - 6

Two wins would basically get the team into Europe no matter what, and even a win and a draw would basically lock it up if the win was over Portsmouth. Anything less than that, and we'll have to count on these other teams dropping a few points. Reading and Tottenham have the easier closing schedules in this group, while Bolton has three games left against teams in the top half of the standings and Portsmouth has four (at Villa, Liverpool, at Everton, and Arsenal). Bolton-Reading next week is going to be huge.

BTW, I forget who told me to Tivo the game, but I sure wish I had a Tivo after watching it. McFadden's game winner was absolutely gorgeous! :D

Here are the "magic numbers" - the combination of points that Everton need to gain and/or the other team needs to drop to guarantee finishing ahead of them. I'm assuming we win any tiebreakers since the lads are clobbering all these teams on goal differential.

Bolton - 12

Tottenham - 10

Portsmouth - 7

Reading - 6

Two wins would basically get the team into Europe no matter what, and even a win and a draw would basically lock it up if the win was over Portsmouth. Anything less than that, and we'll have to count on these other teams dropping a few points. Reading and Tottenham have the easier closing schedules in this group, while Bolton has three games left against teams in the top half of the standings and Portsmouth has four (at Villa, Liverpool, at Everton, and Arsenal). Bolton-Reading next week is going to be huge.

BTW, I forget who told me to Tivo the game, but I sure wish I had a Tivo after watching it. McFadden's game winner was absolutely gorgeous! :D

I think it is going to be tough for Pompey given their standing and schedule although their game against us will be huge. Both Tottenham and Reading have an easier schedule and I would assume Tottenham would be a bigger thread than Reading. I am still surprised Reading are where they are in the standings this late. Who knows maybe they may have a bad run of form these last fixtures since Sidwell may be in and out of the lineup (or atleast I hope).

Yeah i feel for the lad, he 's trying his heart out but its just not happening for him, think he needs to drop down a league where he will get back into the swing of scoring goals.

If we cant get 4million for him maybe start him off next season on loan till xmas. if we do get a 4 million offer then it has to be Goodbye.

Woo hooo

This is really turning into a great season for us. 5th or 6th was beyond my early expectations

Although not a classic performance, to say it was poor is well below the mark against a team who were showing good form in their last 6 games

Thought neville shone yesterday and showed what a good captain he was

Agree totally with licker about BT, its just not happening for him and he is now the scapegoat for the big mouths in the stands

good result great goal by faddie but beatie had a shocker he doesnt deserve to wear the everton shirt again sooner he goes the better

I'm with you there Neil, I thought Beattie was rubbish. He wins a few headers but thats about it. He simply isnt good enough. Osman also played pretty bad overall but at the same time also had some good touches. Think theres room for improvement with Osman (although probably will be best served as cover).

When the game started I think we all wanted Beattie to do well, but by the second half we'd all had enough and were glad to see him subbed.

Anyway a great 3 points. Still plenty of work to do though. That Portsmouth games going to be an arse clencher.

wow! cheers for that i neva realy seen the goal that well as i was sittin in Lower G's on the other side of the ground cant stop watchin it. First toutch is brillif he can keep stuff like that up were in for a treat allthough sayin that allmost all his goals for us have been crackers mostly from outside the box looking back on it.

great read aswell

the opening was brill

''Alan Pardew found that out to his cost yesterday, as a breathtaking goal from James McFadden in the dying embers of a fiery contest thrust his side back into the relegation zone and left them facing a ferocious struggle for Premiership survival.''

ITs so right aswell!

That was just what being an Evertonians all about. Total disbelief that we were still level after eighty minutes, reduced to hoofing and hoping because all creativity had been lost (so much so that VDM was about to come on ffs...that's how desperate DM was), then total elation briefly followed by the Bent goal that I'd been worried about all game. But what a blinding finish (missed by hundreds who left after Charlton scored). Just getting my voice back. My main impressions were..

The full extent of BT's misery, and miserable form. No amount of TV highlights prepared me for the total ineptness of his performance, I like the man but he needs to be put out of his misey.

Don't get the criticism of Osman at all, people all around me slagging him off but he was, with Arteta, the only source of creativity until the two of them faded as the midfield dropped deeper in the second half...he scuffed a couple but at least he was making chances and taking players on.

Stubbsy had a bit of a wobbly day, Hibbo was good..made some cracking tackles...Arteta is pure quality (only in patches yesterday, but it shines through).

Saw Graham Sharpe this AM in the megastore (where I spent enough to pay VDM's wages for an hour or so :lol: ) but he disappeared before I could collar him for a photo :( .

Excellent couple of days all round, and I owe it all to McFudge!

beattie did not do to badly this game he had more chances than johnson when he was on. (just didnt covert them but whats new ;) )

james mcfadden was great, i hope arteta is back soon and vaughanie.

osman was a bit sloppish compared to his usual self

but hey a win is a win,

Edited by Foxon