IGNORED

Leighton Baines -£6m

""They bid £4m plus winger Andy Van der Meyde, an offer rejected out of hand by Latics.""

I'm not surprised they turned it down, who the fook would take him.

It now seems we have turned our attentions to a cheaper target ....

SSN .. Toffees check on Swede, Moyes tracking Daniel Mobaeck swedish fullback. :rolleyes:

ICLiverpool .... The two clubs have yet to finalise a deal but Everton’s latest offer is nearer to Wigan’s £6million valuation of the player. Another club – believed to be Manchester City – has lodged a serious interest in the 22-year-old, but Baines is intent on moving to Goodison and a transfer could be completed in a matter of days. Reports in Sweden yesterday also linked Everton with an interest in Elfsborg full-back Daniel Mobaeck.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes me laugh how Everton can continue like this.

Hvae been saying all summer that need new signings and even the players, managers and KW has said they hope and maybe expect signings to come in and still no news on anyone.

The problem is I am getting more and more peed off with the club (maybe like a few other people as well) and can honeslty see us ending up with no one or trying to get Kevin Campbell or Dunc out of retirement

What worries me is Man City can sign 4 players in 24 hours and we can't close a deal on baines in 24 days. If we want him put in a offer we think he is worth if wigan turn it down then make an anncouncement to say he is too expensive so the fans can move on. I don't mind things being done behind closed doors but when there is weeks of speculation about 1 player and rival managers (roy keane) are saying we are in for him and the wigan manager saying we are in for him it's not like we don't know they are making bids so why not put out a statement claryfying things.

What worries me is Man City can sign 4 players in 24 hours and we can't close a deal on baines in 24 days. If we want him put in a offer we think he is worth if wigan turn it down then make an anncouncement to say he is too expensive so the fans can move on. I don't mind things being done behind closed doors but when there is weeks of speculation about 1 player and rival managers (roy keane) are saying we are in for him and the wigan manager saying we are in for him it's not like we don't know they are making bids so why not put out a statement claryfying things.

Im not too bothered by the silence on Baines, but the deafening silence on Vogel has pissed me off. The last we heard was that he was in talks, then nothing.

I don't think we'll sign Baines, lets face it our board is too cheap ....

Footballs moving forward and Everton isn't, if the board don't start dipping their hands in their wallets Everton are going to be in big trouble and we'll go down ......

I hope we get new board members in, believe me I think our board has ALOT more money then they actually let on too .....

Edited by blue4everdan

I cant tell you how better i feel now. Get him signed up before anymore teams start feeling hungry for a left back. man city out the picture now and newcastle maybee they both wanted baines but he is set on a move to everton. I would have been so angry if he went to newcastle or anyone now for that matter.

I still don't think that he will sign for Everton.

I think if it was going to happen then it would already have happend.

Brace ourselves for the team with have at the moment to be the team that starts the season at least for the first 3-4 games

no it was because i forgot about his baby situation.

i dont know what to think with everton at the moment this is the most confused ive been with what were doing in a long long time if not ever.

i just really hope we can get baines

My approach to it is hope for the best and prepare for the worse

Newcastle United have signed Claudio Cacapa and have also agreed a deal for Villarreal full-back Jose Enrique.

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has continued to bolster his defence by setting up a deal for Spain Under 21 international Enrique.

Villarreal have confirmed on their website that terms have been agreed for left back Enrique to move to Tyneside.

Five-year deal

The Spanish club have not disclosed the fee, but reports suggest Newcastle have paid 6million euros (£4million) for the youngster.

Enrique only joined the Yellow Submarines last season, but is set to accept a five-year contract with The Magpies.