IGNORED

Leighton Baines -£6m

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Moyesey wants Baines i reckon he'll be ours within 2 or 3 days especially if he hears about manu's interest.

Cant see Carsley being offered though as he would only be valued at about 500k (absolute guess) so would barely make a dent on baines' value - but if thats who wigan fancy then who knows.

C'mon moysey, keep us happy!

tbh im gonna face it we aint gonna get baines. i think if we have any money it will go on another striker if beattie goes.

i hope i get to eat my words but i dont think i will

we all no DM is tryin his hardest it is BK he is either being tight or not got the money.

Isn't that all we are basing his move to us on to though?

we have it on good word from roy keane though when he was talking about why he knocked back sunderland he knew it was to do with everton.

if we do or we dont get baines if someone could proove to me we were never in the race for him il eat my hat :) thats confidence in my knowlage right there.

we have it on good word from roy keane though when he was talking about why he knocked back sunderland he knew it was to do with everton.

if we do or we dont get baines if someone could proove to me we were never in the race for him il eat my hat :) thats confidence in my knowlage right there.

Well Keane was more saying it was a feeling that Baines wanted to come to us, it wasn't like he actually came out to Keane and said I want to go to Everton. I hope Keane was right about the feeling though.

Yer but the words keane spoke probly pushed over the speculation mark into acctualy being linked witht the player fairley strongly.

compared to man U having a small couple of word in the papper

that was my point

I hate to speculate, but for all we know Keanes words could have been merely an excuse for him not signing for them?

I hate to speculate, but for all we know Keanes words could have been merely an excuse for him not signing for them?

belive what you want

but IMO there would be no need to mention a clubs name at random to get you off the hook with (everton) out there being any truth in it, he would have just said 'another club' was intrested

A couple of things of note.

1) who do Everton rate at 2m for the player to be.

Carsley (Can't see it being him as he came out yesterday szaying how happy he is that he stayed)

McFadden (Being lined with a 3-4m move to Derby so 2m would be a bit low

2)

There manager has come out and said that they would be looking for a similiar offer which maybe says they will take slightly less as he knows he wants to go to Everton, however he is stilll hoping to keep him

3)

Why did Everton offer 4m plus a player??? Do they not have the money for a straight 6m offer.

4)

thing I am hoping for is didn't Everton offer money plus a player for Jag (Most prob Naysmith) before offering the 4m to get him.

Heres hoping that Everton go back with another bid as think if we can get him will improve out left side.

We need to go and get him quickly or lose him this is now becoming a joke, we havent even spent last years money yet, Kilbane 2 million, Davies 3.5 million, never mind this years 1 million for Naysmith, FFS we are the laughing stock of the prem.

I absolutely agree Licker...we are becoming a joke. The only way out of it is for Moyes to work his magic again. The longterm ramifications are this: it doesn't take long for a manager of Moyes' quality to become sick and tired of having to make telephone calls happen when given a piece of string and two tin cans! We'll lose him to a more ambitious side.

I came on Rumourama a month ago and got essentially carpeted for saying how worried I was at our lack of transfer activity to that point. Well a month later and suddenly more voices have sprung up saying the same thing. How many Evertonians out there are ALSO worried but just staying silent about it?

Do we really not have the money to compete with the likes of Sunderland, West Ham, Portsmouth, Wigan and now Sheffield United?

What a sad state of affairs when the team works their socks off like 2 years ago to get into Europe, and then are basically asked to work miracles yet again, despite having an increased workload and less resources than before!

Oh wait, no, that sounds just like my day job!

In the prophetic words of Homer Simpson... "Doh!" :(

What i cant understand is, our small squad is getting even smaller, with Pistone and Naysmith gone Baines has got to come in, so what the fook is he waiting for, and now We have already accepted £4 million for Beattie without having anybody in place for him and JV out injured, WTF is going on at this club. :huh: :huh: Get players in before you start shipping any out.

What i cant understand is, our small squad is getting even smaller, with Pistone and Naysmith gone Baines has got to come in, so what the fook is he waiting for, and now We have already accepted £4 million for Beattie without having anybody in place for him and JV out injured, WTF is going on at this club. :huh: :huh: Get players in before you start shipping any out.

And doesn't help with reports today that Smith is close to signing for Newcastle.