IGNORED

Leighton Baines -£6m

he is good enough yeh, but i mean to justify the 6 mil... atm hes about 4 mil player but the figure has been quoted at 6 because of the potential... and considering that we don't have much to spend (i imagine since we loaned last year for AJ)then 6 mil i think is too much...queudrue is 28, which for a defender is a round about prime age, with a goof 4 or so years left

the way i see it is we do need a left back yeh, but theres one cheap optio navailable that will more than fill the hoel for a few years, and the going rate for mids and strikers at the moment is thru the roof, so needing them too, maybe we need to pay the larger sums on securing our winger, center mid or striker or whatever and for now take the cheaper shorter term option.

Prices will get even higher so there's no point in getting the cheaper option putting it off for a season or two, cos we will only have to pay more at a later date.

I think we should borrow again off next years budget (tho i'm still not convinced we did that last year) and if we buy young up and coming players we will have them for the long term. Getting 28 year olds is only delaying the spending till a later date. IMO.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Licker I couldn't agree more - the cost of players is going to get higher an higher over the next couple of years, you can invest now or need even more next season.

These new money bags club owners will have found their feet proper over this coming season, and next season I see massive spending as these teams home in on the weakest areas of the team.

Sunderland going back with an improved offer of 5 million for Baines, step in EFC or Lose another one of your "Targets".

Bolton pull out of a deal for ROUTLEDGE cos Spurs want 3 million, is he worth gettig for a squad winger and move Arteta to the left, or get both him and Richardson for a combined fee of 6 million and return Arteta to Central mid.

We need wingers and a left full back. I would be happy with them three for 11 million at todays prices.

dont want routledge not good enough, dont know about richardson either but do want Baines. Would have a real solid backline if he signed

jags yobo lescott baines

young line-up with their best years ahead of them aswell, good going forward down the flanks aswell.

N'Zogbia would be a great signing for anything under 4 million remember watching him a few seasons ago when he was scoring wonder goals and scaring teams with his pace, guess Duff coming to the barcodes hasn't exactly helped his career.

At the moment Baines and a left midfielder would be my two top priorities if i was Moyes and maybe even look at bringing back Michael Ball on a free but only on a pay as you play contract to boost the numbers

... anyway i know ppl dnt like just throwin in names so ill shut it

looks like its to late know - I guess this is how most of the roumours start!! :lol:

:lol:

I can see the mornings newspaper - "Sources indicate Everton are lining up a £2m N'Zogbia bid"

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like going to miss out on Baines as well as Sky Sports saying he is in talks with SUNDERLAND.

Bugger, does it mention any transfer value, I cant get on Sky in work

Dont know if we were ever in for him in reality but would have liked us to sign the countries hottest young left back ATM

and in the Mirror...a near full page. £4.5m it says and we have a decent chance because they had agreed to sell him to Sunderland rather than taking the 'hes not for sale' stance. He wants to come to us so hopefully it will mean they have to drop the price. Smells of the Nugent deal again if you ask me, but with different results this time I hope