IGNORED

Leighton Baines -£6m

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Moyes won't pay an inflated price, he only wants to pay a realistic price.......yeah Moyes flash that cash will ya........

The accepted nothing less than £6million, so why would they accept £4.5million from us? They don't want to sell him, so they aren't under pressure to sell at a lower price.

Good move by moyes, might not get him for exactly 4.5 but Baines has jibbed sunderland off so its clear he wants to come to us.

6m is a lot of money, especially for a left back and when players like heinze are goin for around 6-7m you've gotta ask yourself is baines in that bracket also.

Is it just me or am I reading more into this than I should be.

1) all we know is that Wigan have said he will not be joining Sunderland. I beleive they have not said that they agreed a price with them or even that he could talk to them. For all we know Sunderland might not have offered as much as Wigan want and they have then called the deal off.

2) If they did agree a price and he is not going to Sunderland do we know its cos he wants to join Everton???? no don't think so. For all we know he might have been asking for 50k per week and Sunderland said no if that is the case Everton are never going to offer those wages.

Yes it could very well be that Everton maybe manage to get him for £4.5m cos he was holding out for us to offer for him and he will be signed sealed and delivered by the weekend, however this is Everton we are talking about.

My guess is he will not join, everton are not after him and he will join the Arse.

We will be left with the signings we have made and maybe adding Vogal to that but thats it.

Is it just me or am I reading more into this than I should be.

1) all we know is that Wigan have said he will not be joining Sunderland. I beleive they have not said that they agreed a price with them or even that he could talk to them. For all we know Sunderland might not have offered as much as Wigan want and they have then called the deal off.

2) If they did agree a price and he is not going to Sunderland do we know its cos he wants to join Everton???? no don't think so. For all we know he might have been asking for 50k per week and Sunderland said no if that is the case Everton are never going to offer those wages.

Yes it could very well be that Everton maybe manage to get him for £4.5m cos he was holding out for us to offer for him and he will be signed sealed and delivered by the weekend, however this is Everton we are talking about.

My guess is he will not join, everton are not after him and he will join the Arse.

We will be left with the signings we have made and maybe adding Vogal to that but thats it.

ok a few things to suggest it is most likley us

1) baines has allready said that he wants to leave the JJB and if sunderland was the only club offering him a way out he would have taken it.

2) everton never say when they have made a bid or are after a player for the ones that go right e.g jagielka pienarr ( not vogel who they spoke about and then messed it up)

3)left back is probly the weakest link in our side it has been for some time even last year with lescott being forced out of position due to injurys and instead of bringin one in he has let one go :huh: he must have to replace the one he let go (naysmith).

not really reasons but other info

4)baines is a childhood evertonian and in a similar situation to nugent he would want to come to us if theres a chance also we can offer him europian football to push on for the full england squad now he is too old for u21

5) he would not have to move house neciserily and could suit him very much.

also asuming you say he wil move to the asre i belive you mean arsenal witch is abit random and silly as they have had no links with him or any other left back this summer they have gail clishy almond traore who both looked very hot prospects last season and have bigger things to worry about than full backs or even defenders for that matter

cheers

The reason I said the Arse is cos they were linked with him last year I believe

ahh ok i wasnt being a prick or anything just thought it sounded all abit random

( still does a wee bit :P )

anyways he is in there squad tonight to play against blackpool

im not too sure what to make of that really have to wait an see if he plays or not.

plus he has been striped of the captins armband witch has been given to a new comer in mario melchiot

all his old maes like bullard mcculoch and even his scouse maneger jewel have all gon walkies so maybee he feels its time for him to move on.

Even though its clear Baines aint worth 6 million yet, im getting a bit worried about Valente defending, the last few games ive seen him he's looked very poor. last season I thought he was a quality signing but he's even starting to get injuries from nothing.

THIS IS FROM THE BBC WEBSITE

Wigan have revealed that England Under-21 defender Leighton Baines has turned down a move to Sunderland.

The 22-year-old had been given permission to open talks with Roy Keane, but Wigan's website says he will not move to the Stadium of Light.

Everton are now being strongly linked with Merseyside-born Baines, with sources in the north-east confirming he would not be joining Sunderland.

Baines has admitted that he wants to leave the JJB Stadium.

The Black Cats had an offer rejected earlier this month but upped their bid and Baines was cleared to meet Keane.

Baines, who has two years left on his Wigan contract but said he does not want a new deal, came through the youth ranks at the JJB Stadium.

END

So, if Blunderland (nice one mac) have been allowed to talk to him they must have agreed the price

Evertons involvement is purely speculation, but if he turned them down there is no smoke without fire

free kicks are ok but can he defend ime not sure hes good enough.and what about midfield thats more important i would rather spend 6mill there.

Yer me 2 still think we need another center midfielder not including Vogel dont fink he will be up to much.

Yer me 2 still think we need another center midfielder not including Vogel dont fink he will be up to much.

Like Fernandes? Think we're all going to be disappointed there because rumours flying around the Man Shitty boards that he's signing for them tomorrow along with Martin Petrov :(

Reports are saying that Everton have got to pay the 6m that Sunderland offered.

Why on earth would they accept a 4.5m offer from us when they have already turned down a £5m offer from Sunderland.

They dont have to sell and he has 2 years left I think on his contract.

Once again Everton are a joke.

2 signings of which 1 is a loan signing.

And before people come and say 'have to give them time' 'don't want to pay over the odds for a player' let me say

We don't have time. The premiership starts in 2 weeks time

DM himself said that a good preseason sets you up for the season.

If every club is paying over the odds for players then how can they be paying over the odds surely its the new prices for players just like houses prices soared.

Not good enough by Everton again.

Looks promising, if he doesn't want to go to Sunderland they can't force him.

from the independant

Sunderland's hopes of landing £6m Wigan full-back Leighton Baines appear to have been dashed. The 22-year-old defender has been included in the Latics squad for tonight's pre-season friendly at Blackpool after recovering from a virus. Roy Keane was given permission to talk to the player earlier this week after having had three previous bids rejected. However, as speculation mounted yesterday that Everton - Baines was born in Liverpool - had tabled a counter-bid, Wigan claimed he would not be heading for the Stadium of Light, and sources on Wearside have confirmed that is the case.

cOME ON LADS, YOU KNOW BETTER THAN TO go on the negative based on rumours,

We may have and possibly will never have been in for him due to the price

I hope we go back for that young lad from cardiff, but they reject our 1 mil bid ages ago

From Setanta

Roy Keane has conceded he could not compete with Everton for a place in Leighton Baines' affections, after seeing the Wigan left back spurn a move to Sunderland.

Baines was given permission to talk to The Black Cats but informed Keane on Wednesday that he would not be making the trip north to Wearside.

Everton are reportedly keeping a close eye on the England Under 21 international, who was born in Liverpool, and Keane has hinted that Baines is holding out for the chance to move to Goodison.

"It's disappointing, of course, but you can't win them all, that's life," Keane told the club's official website.

"I spoke with Leighton last week and he rang me the other night. He's a nice enough lad, not a problem, and he had his reasons for not coming to the club, we've got to respect them.

"Everton has been mentioned, I had a feeling it would be a hard one to pull off.

"He had genuine reasons. He has a young family and is settled.

"If Everton are interested, the lad supports them and he's from the area, it is very difficult to compete with that.

"It's like myself, when I left United no matter who came in for me I was going to sign for Celtic."

As Sunderland continue to overhaul their squad following promotion to the Premier League, Keane has also confirmed that Swedish winger Tobias Hysen could return to his homeland to join an unnamed club.

Hysen made 26 league appearances last season following his £1.7 million move from Djurgardens.

"We're in negotiations with a club about Toby regarding him going back to Sweden," Keane added.

"I spoke with him a couple of weeks ago when he first came back [to training]. He spoke about missing home, saying that his girlfriend is struggling to settle.

"I've no problem with Toby. He's a good lad and a good pro. It is difficult sometimes when you move to a new country."