IGNORED

Salt Lake

MikeO

This is poor, I know its only pre-season and the MLS is still in their season but if we are a club progressing we should be beating this sort of opposition, fit or not. We had a good season last season but there were times when we didnt look like being able to break teams down and there was nothing on the bench that could create something. I have small concerns over next season if we dont add to the squad. someone with that killer touch or pass. It cant all be left to arteta!

Everton seem to be a joke playing away in pre season frendlys,

FFS get out best line up out moyes, either get Neville leftback or fucking drop him, Osman isnt good enough to start either, Manny should have been out highest priority and we av let him go back

Osman Neville Carsley Arteta

^^^ That midfield wont get us anywhere in europe and as I said Neville + Carlsey can't both play or we can't put 3 passes together

We may have been missing Cahill but still even that team was capable of beating them.

Pissed Off!!

Edited by Blue4Ever

we looked poor, should have had a penalty when vic was taken down in the box, but we did look uninterested throughout the whole game.

disagree...we played alrite just 2 mistakes and and nt much of a cuttin edge...wer just not good enough in midfield to beat smaller teams as comfortably as we should...but its been tht way for year...no skill besides arteta

I havn't actually seen anyone blame Moyes in this thread, unless I've missed it.

I have, if he cant get these players pumped up before the start of a new season, jees, the mans took us as far as he can, hes obviously lost the dressing room

Time to get the kareoke out

these friendly's mean nothing.

they had a training session earlier in the day so had already had quite a work out, look around at all teams friendly's and you see some rediculous results against poor teams.

i've looked at them a bit betting wise and have leart not to bother as you don't know how much a team is going to try to win how many players there going to toy with or different tactics as well as having training sessions on the same day. you just can't predict what will happen in them.

I really think judging the manager on a performance in a trip to America is too shallow and you need to wait till the season starts before making these judgements.

RSL would be in the relegation spot if MLS had relegation...they have 9 points (1 win and 6 draws) in 15 matches this season, last in the league. That said...

1. It's preseason, and getting into form is the primary goal. Winning these meaningless games is secondary.

2. Don't underestimate the difference regular season form makes vs. preseason form. Do you really think that if Chelsea were in form that their game against Los Angeles would've been that close? Highly doubtful - LA is second-to-last on the MLS table this year, and Chelsea is of course one of the world's best.

3. The highest elevation of any EPL/League stadium in England is the Hawthorns and that's only about 550 feet above sea level. Salt Lake City is about 4,300 feet above sea level. Don't underestimate the effect that has on a player's legs and their lungs, especially when they aren't used to playing in those conditions (AND they're seven hours removed from their normal time zone, AND they aren't in game shape yet).

4. Remember, we played a pretty poor preseason game last year against Columbus when they were at or near the bottom of the MLS standings, and our regular season turned out just fine.

Im not a great BT fan but agility aint his best thing and thats what was needed to score that, IF he gets a few goals everyone will shut up about him, im sure Victor will be before him anyway.

All he had to do is slide on his arseand connect with the ball iwth any part of his body.