IGNORED

Blues Turn To Yak And Fernandes

Having missed out on Gonzalez, David Moyes is now ready to turn his attentions to Middlesbrough striker Yakubu and Benfica midfielder Manuel Fernandes.

A host of clubs including Real Madrid, Valencia and Manchester City also held an interest in the highly-influential Gonzalez but the Toffees were hopeful their bid - thought to be for £11million - would get the deal done.

However Porto have instead moved to secure Gonzalez's long-term future by spending 6.5million euros on the 50% of his rights they didn't already own.

And Wednesday's newspapers reckon Toffees boss David Moyes has now switched his sights to Yakubu and Fernandes.

Middlesbrough manager Gareth Southgate is reportedly confident of keeping his Nigerian striker but Moyes reckons a bid of £11million - big enough to break Everton's transfer record - could be too good to turn down.

Fernandes, meanwhile, impressed while on loan at Goodison Park last season but Moyes was put off by his £12million price tag.

But Benfica have apparently now indicated they are willing to do business at a lower price, thought to be around the £8million mark.

That would be great business but were is the £19mil gona come from?

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if this suuden wad of cash they seem to have found has got anything to do with Earls appointment to the board?

Exactly what i was thinking , has Mr Earl giving us a wad of cash seems possible. Dont agree with your comments about losing bith Vic and yakubu to the african nations. I believe Yakubu is too good of a player to not be interested in just because he will be away for a month anyway we should have tiny and james back to full fitness by then to soften the blow

if i remember rightly on the fernandes front he was 50% MSI? and the fee was 6 mil for them to surrender their right s and 6 for benfica ...totalling 12? someone correct me if i'm wrong...so why would it suddenly be 6, unless MSI were keeping their 50%?

oof...i hope thats not true.

FIFA/FA should really ban the likes of MSI from the game. Leeches...

P.S. - Manny + Yak = lovely if true.

if i remember rightly on the fernandes front he was 50% MSI? and the fee was 6 mil for them to surrender their right s and 6 for benfica ...totalling 12? someone correct me if i'm wrong...so why would it suddenly be 6, unless MSI were keeping their 50%?
Edited by thinman

Just said on city fm we will tie the deal up today butthe vacant number 9 will be left open for one of the strikers to earn. THats alot of insight for this not to be a goer.

It seems too late in the day to be completed today like, and waaaay too quick for an Everton transfer :P I'd be ecstatic if it happened today, tomorrow or next week.

geees man can you imagine a strike force of both yak and aj tearing apart european and home defences ?

it would be quality

how can anybody not be sure about him ? he ploughed home 16 goals for boro last year when they were one of the worse teams in the premiership

both him and aj will be very mobile strikers which DM likes

and he can play up front on his own

excellent signing if we can get him

yeah i saw that 2!

i wouldnt give up on it thou, possibly hand in a transfer request

or tempt boro with more money. we should stick with it while were in. surely they must have known that they wouldnt succeed at the first bid!

come on moyes weave your magic!!!