IGNORED

Blues Turn To Yak And Fernandes

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is if you have money use it because the next time you can spend it is January when prices inflate so bad that players like yakubu would be worth 16 million. Moyes has said himself he hates signing in January so with this "money" he should try and bring in as many people as the budget allows.

At the end of the day a team playing in a european competition plus two domestic cups needs to have a fairly good sized squad to have any chance of resting crucial players for important games. Lets face it you dont want to be playing Arteta and Johnson in F.A cups games v Dagenham and Redbridge. But with our current squad we have to.

Both these signings would be brilliant in my eyes. Yakubu is fast, strong and knows where the goal is (Drogba anyone?)! I can't remember ever having 2 strikers who can score 15 + in a season.....

As for Fernandes, the mouthwatering partnership with Arteta is too good to resist! Still only 21 and with a blossoming future ahead of him, he could become a star here!

A Middlesbrough source said: 'Yakubu badly wants to move to Everton, but he's having problems with Middlesbrough. It's unclear if the club are going to make it easy for him to move. He's talked to [manager]Gareth Southgate so we will have to wait and see.'

It is understood that Everton are confident of signing the 24-year-old striker, who could soon be joined by Fernandes at Goodison Park. The midfielder began last season on loan at Portsmouth before playing under the same arrangement for Everton where he was a success. 'He is coming back,' an Everton insider said. 'Benfica are giving him problems, trying to stop him, but we believe he will be with us again soon.'

there are so many ups and downs in deals today, wish it could be just a straight forward no or yes then move on, we just dont have this time at the momment with the deadline getting closer by the day

Thank goodness you don't decide on transfers. :D

thank god you don't...i wouldn't mind betting i've see nmore of him than you, and if you want a lazy moaning player that plays for moments then fine, but i want a player who will be more involved in the team and is less likely to cause an upstair in the dressing room

thank god you don't...i wouldn't mind betting i've see nmore of him than you, and if you want a lazy moaning player that plays for moments then fine, but i want a player who will be more involved in the team and is less likely to cause an upstair in the dressing room

Ok, well when have you seen him play then more than any of us? And how did you get to hear that he is a disruptive character? Unless you're his agent, I think you're bluffing!

i haven't im being conscious, a lazy player walking into a very hardworking team could potentially cause a few problems

not saying i wouldn't have him either, i'd take him if we can't find anyone else

YOU SAID you don't want a lazy, moaning player, well where is your proof of that! Because you can't slander the man just because you don't like the look of him! Whenever I have seen him, he looks fully committed, don't be fooled by his casual style. If he signs we should do the busy.

from watching games of him play, i've see na fair bit coz a few of my m8s r boro fans, and they say 'you can have him, he's shit' ..they will also go on to confirm that he has his moments but he doesn't gt involved and he's lazy, if he doesnt get the service he sulks and complains.

as for a better alternative, why do people always ask that question? what do you want me to do, give you my championship manager shortlist? id prefer to look at possibly cheaper options, maybe someone who could link up the play a bit better, i'd like keane, but it seems like he isn't moving, but that's the type of player i would like. and i'm not a scout so i'm not going to give u a long list of possibilities

from watching games of him play, i've see na fair bit coz a few of my m8s r boro fans, and they say 'you can have him, he's shit' ..they will also go on to confirm that he has his moments but he doesn't gt involved and he's lazy, if he doesnt get the service he sulks and complains.

as for a better alternative, why do people always ask that question? what do you want me to do, give you my championship manager shortlist? id prefer to look at possibly cheaper options, maybe someone who could link up the play a bit better, i'd like keane, but it seems like he isn't moving, but that's the type of player i would like. and i'm not a scout so i'm not going to give u a long list of possibilities

Craccer ur crackers mate, how can a seriously "lazy" player score 16 goals last season and be top scorer for a crap club and then have so called fans say that we can have him cos he's crap. Bollox I think.

Yaks a class striker, his record speaks for itself ....

And why look for a cheaper option? For once DM has been given ALOT of money, I'd like to see if he spends it well .....

Edited by blue4everdan

ok im im off my head for having watched the fella play and for considering the views of the people he plays for...ok this all makes sense...football is more than just figures you know boys ...

as for the point above, that's ridiculous, just because he has money doesn't mean he should just go out and buy the most expensive players he can, we're still think in terms of a squad, moyes will more than likely have or be looking at cheaper options so that he may have a little left over to bring in a few squad players

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate is ready to bring Milan Baros back to the Premiership.

Southgate sees the former Liverpool and Aston Villa striker, currently at Lyon, as a readymade replacement for want-away Yakubu Aiyegbeni

if this is true yak could be in the blue shirt very soon

nicked from NSNO

we have made our formal offer, for 50% of his economic rights, and Fernandes has gonw AWOL on a training camp.

http://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi2004/emitentes/docs/FR14638.pdf

http://www.serbenfiquista.com/usernews/_in...modulo_usernews

LOADS more links on nsno now and translations, rather than copy it all ill just psot the link for the thread http://www.nsno.co.uk/e107_plugins/forum/f...opic.php?290240

BENFICA OFFICIAL SITE http://www.slbenfica.pt/Info/Futebol/Notic...30807_46610.asp

Edited by CraccerC