IGNORED

Blues Turn To Yak And Fernandes

from the guardian's Fiver - today

THE RUMOUR MILL

Middlesbrough's attempts to show that football isn't all about goals and excitement will gather pace when they sell Yakubu to Everton.

And Middlesbrough's attempts to show that football is all about overweight, stroppy strikers will gather a little pace when they sign Mido from Spurs. Unless Sunderland get there first.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the guardian's Fiver - today

THE RUMOUR MILL

Middlesbrough's attempts to show that football isn't all about goals and excitement will gather pace when they sell Yakubu to Everton.

And Middlesbrough's attempts to show that football is all about overweight, stroppy strikers will gather a little pace when they sign Mido from Spurs. Unless Sunderland get there first.

figner crossed

i wished tha blonde bastard smith would have jus went to boro an we cud take the yak

I'm convinced that Yakubu will leave Boro in the window, the noises and actions of Boro point to it. Whether he comes to us remains to be seen but if the boot was on the other foot, I'd be expecting the player to leave..

Forget Yak get Manny for £8m. When Vaughan and Cahill are fit, we don't need Yak for £10m. Moyes likes him though and has been in for him at least 3 times before first time when he was at Pompey.

If we want another striker, would rather get Gudjohnsen or even a backup like Forsell (if he could pass a medical). I might even take a chance on Luque (at the right price) as he will never do jack shit at the Barcodes.

Even better would have been to spend £4.5 on Nugent (Fucking disgrace if he had waited 3 weeks and Moyes had tapped him up through the summer, he'd be here now - FUCK !!)

Jason

I agree a bit with jtooley (not that we should not sign him) but that there to me seems a bit to much coming out of middlesborough.

From saying there was no offer from Everton, which at the end of the day they could have left it there to all of a sudden saying there has been contact at a higher level.

Somethings not right

Still don't think that we will sign him.

We will get the same as we did when tried to sign Barton of 'we enquired about him but was not for sale' if they do then it goes to show that they did not really want him

Article in Mail on Fernandes: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...amp;ito=newsnow

Everton agree Fernandes fee

Last updated at 08:28am on 10th August 2007

Manuel Fernandes is on his way to Everton after Benfica last night accepted a £6million bid for their 50 per cent stake in the 21-year old midfielder.

Goodison chiefs now face protracted negotiations with Global Sports agency, part of the group embroiled in the Carlos Tevez transfer saga, over the other 50 per cent of the player's rights.

Even better would have been to spend £4.5 on Nugent (Fucking disgrace if he had waited 3 weeks and Moyes had tapped him up through the summer, he'd be here now - FUCK !!)

Jason

Wasn't it mentioned that Moyes was put of that fee because he had his doubts about Nugent?? the fact he has no prem experience at all.

You should know by now Moyes doesn't waste cash on players that are suspect especially after the whole bloody Per 'i can't head the ball' Kroldup (maybe wrong spelling).

Like you i am frustrated that we don't appear to be able to buy anyone but i have faith in Moyes as a manager.

I hope this is true about Manny because a central midfield partnership of Pip and Carsley would ruin our season IMO.

Yer it would Mark, against Bremen it seemed Neville was right wing, so moyes favours Hibbo at rightback like me, and he mite have realised we can't have them both central midfield so he's went back in for Manny.

we play best with 4 1 3 2 anyway IMO and that consists of only 1 holding midfielder.

I hope this is true about Manny because a central midfield partnership of Pip and Carsley would ruin our season IMO.

With out a doubt, it can only be one of them plus 1, DM has been trying to get a quality CM for years, but as we know, he is patient

Ok this may sound stupid now.....

I have a concern...Even if we buy Fernandes, we are buying 50% of his playing rights which Benfica holds.So whats does that suppose to mean?

Does that means Fernandes can only play half a season and anything more we need to buy the other 50% of playing rights?

or

Does that means he can play 100% of the games,but his merchandising rights is hold by the other agents which means Fernandes can never appear in Everton photos?

Anyone knows what da shite does "50% playing rights" means?

I have a concern...Even if we buy Fernandes, we are buying 50% of his playing rights which Benfica holds.So whats does that suppose to mean?

Does that means Fernandes can only play half a season and anything more we need to buy the other 50% of playing rights?

or

Does that means he can play 100% of the games,but his merchandising rights is hold by the other agents which means Fernandes can never appear in Everton photos?

This is a very similar problem to the tevez situation. Under current prem laws a club can not buy a player who is owned/part owned by an agent/company.

This is a huge headache for the FA at the moment as this type of arrangement is not recognised under their guide lines. What I understand is if you want 100% of players rights then you have to pay both parties, but the FA wont allow payments of such kind to agents.

I'm not too sure what the 'players rights' actually entails either. only speculate that each party gets a 50% say in the matter with the player casting the final vote.

So correct me if i am wrong....it means we can never field him if he was 50% owned by us. We can only field him if he is owned 100% by us.

To own 100% of him and FA not allowing us to pay for the other 50% to the agents/company, the only way i see is, IF Benfica help us buy the other 50% of the rights from the agents/company and then sell him 100% to us....This deal seems complicated and i doubt they will finalise (if the speculation is true) the deal in the next one two or three days....maybe will drag for a month i guess~!

or

It just means we will then come to an agreement with Global Sports Company for the other 50%