IGNORED

Blues Turn To Yak And Fernandes

The good news is although Nigeria have a great squad, they always fall pretty early in the African Nations. We can expect Yobo and Yakubu if he signs back quickly from the competition unless they actually preform how they should. They reming me alot of Spain, so much potential but never gets very far.

Or am i wrong and no matter what stage you go out you have to wait till a certain date to come back??

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good news is although Nigeria have a great squad, they always fall pretty early in the African Nations. We can expect Yobo and Yakubu if he signs back quickly from the competition unless they actually preform how they should. They reming me alot of Spain, so much potential but never gets very far.

Or am i wrong and no matter what stage you go out you have to wait till a certain date to come back??

You're wrong mate, Nigeria ended 3rd in 2006, 2004 and 2002 and 2nd in 2000. Would be silly to expect them back early...

Some more quotes from Yobo:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_2662994,00.html

Joseph Yobo wants international team-mate Yakubu Aiyegbeni to join him at Everton.

The Toffees have made moves to try and land the Middlesbrough marksman and Yobo is keen to see his friend join him on Merseyside.

Plea

"I want Yakubu to join us here, definitely," Yobo told the Sun.

"You are always looking for world-class players to join your team and make things better. Yakubu is one such player and I'll be glad if he and players of his stature join us.

"I'm a defender and I'm looking for good midfielders and attackers who can take the pressure off me. If the move doesn't happen there are already players here who can keep us in the fight.

"Could we ever win the Premier League? It's absolutely possible if we build on our recent successes.

"If we build on our European experience this season plus investments in players, we can challenge the top four for the title."

I think Yakubu would be a decent addition to the team to be honest.

Is a consistent goal scorer, (about 1 in 2.5 games), is a powerful lad, holds the ball up well, has plenty of pace, seems to keep relatively injury free, proven over a number of season in the Premiership (3-4) and is still fairly young (24).

Around the £10M mark, I would surpose that is about his value in todays market.

Benfica have made an offer for fabio rochemback to replace manny so thats another sign hes well on his way here.

I like the way we'r gettin a 12m player for 5 years at 6m due to this fixed term contract thing.

Yakubu wud be fantastic up front with aj, hes just such a brute but anything ove 10.5 wud be a little pricey

Then i'd start looking at anelka possibly, 9m release clause and scores for fun when he wants.

Guest blueboy122

I am very very confident that we will sign him and manuel. If we sign yakubu then he will be well worth the 10 million that has been touted about he will be a great partner for aj and he will cause all sorts of problems for the european defences. he reminds me of a bigger version of aj he has everythin that aj has and more hes tall can win the high balls in the air hold up the play and has alot of speed. We will we looking to break into the top four this season if we can get these two WORLDCLASS players in or atleast come very close to the top 4

Guest blueboy122

No deal Noel. We shouldnt even be talking about him yes the boy can be a good player but his attitude isnt right for everton football club i would rather keep the 9 million and find someone else either in january or next summer. he would wreck our great team spirit.

Guest blueboy122

i can see this deal being completed in january i am very confident we will sign him its just as u say mark we will be in for a bit of a wait but as long as we secure his services ill be happy!