IGNORED

Blues Turn To Yak And Fernandes

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know that ideally we need a left winger but if we have spent up to 8m on manny and then possibly spend 11m on yak where the hell are we gona get the money for a left-winger. and besides like licker i reckon piennar will be able to do a job down the left wing, and we have baines now which will add some fluidy up the left anyway.

so who would you reliably play on the left wing? no one in our current squad.

Has Arteta not played reliably on the left for us? It might be out of position for him but he's been fantastic for us on either wing. As far as I'm concerned we do need to buy a left winger, but it can probably wait til January or next summer.

Come on Yak in your come!!!! He isn't injured I don't think. Boro have got to be thinking with the effect it is having on performances it would be best to let him go. I thnik anything under 12 mil is about right money for him. Even though his goals to game ratio has not been the best. since his first season witha poor pompey side he has been getting double figures. Unlike a certain alan smith who can't even count into double figures.

I rember watching him for pompey when he got a hatrick against man u he was awsome.

Just Imagine this team

Howard

Hibbert Yobo Lescott Baines

Spud Manny nev Stevie P

AJ and Yak

Rock solid defence creativity steel leadership good wingers loads of goals.

Anyone seen the thing from DM when asked about Yak

David Moyes is staying tight-lipped on Everton's interest in Yakubu Aiyegbeni after the striker was left out of the Middlesbrough squad to face Fulham.

Yakubu has been strongly linked with a move away from The Riverside this summer, despite Boro protestations that the Nigerian is happy at the club.

Sky Sports News understands that the powerful forward has been omitted from Gareth Southgate's squad for Saturday's game at Craven Cottage.

Reports also suggest he is closing in on a move to Goodison Park, although Moyes did not confirm a specific interest in Yakubu.

Terrific

When asked if he wants the Boro hit-man, Moyes told Sky Sports News: "We've got an interest in one or two players.

"The board have been terrific, but we are seeing now if we want Everton to compete, they are going to have to give us some form of tools.

"Not that they haven't in the past, because you only have to look at the players that they have allowed me to bring in - the likes of Tim Cahill, Tim Howard and Joleon Lescott - to see they have already done that.

"Now we feel it's time to have another go to get ourselves in amongst the top, now is the time.

"Again, we are still looking to strengthen and who knows what name it might be when it comes around."

I think Yak being left out of the Middlesbrough squad is as good as indication as you are likley to get that he is about to leave the club.

Given recent speculation, then you have to assume he is not far of becoming an Everton player.

Baines, Manny, Yakubu - £25M spend - What an excellent time to get the fans feeling good about a club on the up, with a vote going on. Very clever in my opinion. I have the feeling this £25M has been around all along, I don't thing somebody found it behind the back of the sofa. Remember Moyes sayig early in the season not to expect player coming in early. wouldn't be suprised if he know the cheque book wouldn't be opened until August and vote time.

I bet the board where dancing a jig the other night when we beat Spurs away for a 100% start - How good is it being an Everton supporter right now. Feeling as optomistic at the start of the season as I have done in a long time. Biggest spending spree in the clubs history, 100% record all to the backdrop of a vote to a possible move to a new stadium and future.

I bet a certain David Nugent may be kicking his heels a little when it was hinted to him to hold his nerve regarding a transfer to Everton!!!! Maybe kicking his heels is why he fell over the other night!!! :D

(I am for the move by the way - so not trying to stir sh!t, just making an observation)

Has Arteta not played reliably on the left for us? It might be out of position for him but he's been fantastic for us on either wing. As far as I'm concerned we do need to buy a left winger, but it can probably wait til January or next summer.

Arteta doesn't play on the left wing he drifts all over.

A winger is a player who more or less sticks to the touch line legging it up and down the pitch and crossing....Arteta does not do this.

Given recent speculation, then you have to assume he is not far of becoming an Everton player.

Baines, Manny, Yakubu - £25M spend - What an excellent time to get the fans feeling good about a club on the up, with a vote going on. Very clever in my opinion. I have the feeling this £25M has been around all along, I don't thing somebody found it behind the back of the sofa. Remember Moyes sayig early in the season not to expect player coming in early. wouldn't be suprised if he know the cheque book wouldn't be opened until August and vote time.

I agree with you 100% Rob.

I thought that was the case with not long after the vote was out that we were linked with big signings.

Being linked and signing them is 2 different things though and think that he needs to bring in both Manny and Yak for it to have a big effect on the vote.

Cleaver if all comes off though for the club.

Said before am staying out of the ground debate as living so far away

I thnik anything under 12 mil is about right money for him. Even though his goals to game ratio has not been the best. since his first season witha poor pompey side he has been getting double figures.

In the past four seasons Yakubu has been second to only Henry in terms of goalscoring, not bad.

no its not breaking news its just coming up when they say the things at the begining it shows him and then they are saying he has been taken from the squad and is expected to join everton in the next 48 hours ive been sitting watching sky sports news for a while and ive seen it four times allready.

maybee there just guesing as if he aint been taken from the squad that means not much can happen till sunday at the earliest so im not sure what to make of it

but all the right sounds are being made and its exciting to be in the mix of it all!

anyone know if the fernandes deal is any closer to being confirmed on the official site? ( a nice pic of manny an that blue shirt would bring back some happy memorys) also im intrested as to what number he will be, ive heard he likes 37..... god knows why but id love to see him as number 10 dont ask me why.

no its not breaking news its just coming up when they say the things at the begining it shows him and then they are saying he has been taken from the squad and is expected to join everton in the next 48 hours ive been sitting watching sky sports news for a while and ive seen it four times allready.

maybee there just guesing as if he aint been taken from the squad that means not much can happen till sunday at the earliest so im not sure what to make of it

but all the right sounds are being made and its exciting to be in the mix of it all!

anyone know if the fernandes deal is any closer to being confirmed on the official site? ( a nice pic of manny an that blue shirt would bring back some happy memorys) also im intrested as to what number he will be, ive heard he likes 37..... god knows why but id love to see him as number 10 dont ask me why.

It is breaking news Gareth Southgate was on saying that Borro have accepted an £11.2M bid from Everton andhe is expecting to sign in next 48 hrs.

Oh plus went down to Goodison to pick up tickets for reading game today and Yakubu was spotted there!!!