IGNORED

Blues Turn To Yak And Fernandes

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see what your gettin at but this season getting into europe is going to be more of a challenge as a few more teams are going to be pushing for it, newcastle / city / portsmouth / reading / villa as well as us and spurs, there is only 3 places and 7 teams who i think will be going for europe.

But with yak and manny i think it is very possible to do well in both compitions.

No, but qualifying for Europe is not "gettting nowere in the premiership is it".

AJ + Vic Are not getting goals they cant just depend on the mid and def players to get goals and u think a team whos strickers cant even get a goal is goin 2 get a top 4 finish i dont think so....

Couple of things about Yakubu,if he comes!

Moyes seemed to favor a single front man in the last couple of seasons,at which

AJ has proved his worth last season.No one could work harder than him at that

particular game.

Can Yakubu do lone front man?Beattie couldn't.

Has Moyes decided to now go two front men,ie playing Anichebe with AJ so far?

I do think that Anichebe could well benifit from having Yakubu at Everton,as I'm sure

Anichebe will end up with a similar style,so could learn a lot.

Could almost see the partnership of AJ and Yakubu........replaced in a few years

by the Vaughan and Anichebe!

Where I wonder does this all leave McFadden when those four are fit.Will we cash in on him?

Where are these two i no were still unsure about Yak but Manny is definintly signing because who has a medical and then dosent sign and the manager makes a stament on the club website saying that he is signing and then dosent. I just hope the transfers havn't fell through

adamcoffee u obv dnt get what im tryin 2 say and i cba explanein cos every1 else understands

I dnt mean 2 be negitive but with the money other clubs have spent (spurs,city ect..) I think its going to be 10 times as hard 2 get a top 6 finish this season and unless we buy a stricker who will acctualy help out AJ i dnt see us getting very far cos AJ is a very good player but cant do it on his own!

The signin ov Yakubu seems 2 ov died ov death witch if we dont get him i see this season bein a disaster and only finish mid table max...

This is my opinion and im just sharein how i feel dnt get me rong we have a much stronger team than last seasons so have other midtable clubs...

Reports all over the place that Boro have bid 6.1m for Alves and the player him self is happy to move there.

Also heard GS saying the other day that he does not know if Yak will be sold in the next few days and this is after a week or so ago saying that he won't be leaving.

Reports all over the place that Boro have bid 6.1m for Alves and the player him self is happy to move there.

Also heard GS saying the other day that he does not know if Yak will be sold in the next few days and this is after a week or so ago saying that he won't be leaving.

Southgate also said that Yak would be in the squad for Saturday, but he wasn't so I wouldnt believe what toothy says.

Edited by Romey 1878

Southgate also said that Yak would be in the squad for Saturday, but he wasn't so I wouldnt believe what toothy says.

I know mate he looks decidely twitchy every time the Yak subject is raised plus I've never like him since Euro '96 and his anticts now just ad fuel to the fire. He is an ugly bastard. :lol:

Edited by Leadline

last bit says....

On 19th August 2007 Everton launched a bid of £6million rising to £11million which was reluctantly accepted by Gareth Southgate. The Nigerian striker could be an Everton player reasonably soon!!!

Edited by Rob W

IF YOU GO ON WIKEPEDIA TYPE IN YAKUBU AND IT SAYS THAT HE PLAYS FOR MIDDLESBROUGH BUT EVERTON ARE IN BRACKETS

I don't know how many times people are going to have to say this, but you can't go on anything wikepdia says. ANYONE can add information if you sign up. I could sign up now and write that he has been declared King of Mars and won't be playing football anymore becasue he is busy over seeing the destruction of earth.

adamcoffee u obv dnt get what im tryin 2 say and i cba explanein cos every1 else understands

I dnt mean 2 be negitive but with the money other clubs have spent (spurs,city ect..) I think its going to be 10 times as hard 2 get a top 6 finish this season and unless we buy a stricker who will acctualy help out AJ i dnt see us getting very far cos AJ is a very good player but cant do it on his own!

The signin ov Yakubu seems 2 ov died ov death witch if we dont get him i see this season bein a disaster and only finish mid table max...

This is my opinion and im just sharein how i feel dnt get me rong we have a much stronger team than last seasons so have other midtable clubs...

I agree, but im staying positive until the end of this window. If we dont buy a proven striker, and Manny, then we are going to be in a bit of trouble tryin to compete with the teams in are own mini league.

Guest blueboy122

i am still confident we will get fernandes nad yakubu i am not as confidnet about yakubu but i am very confident mr moyes will find a striker wether that sum1 be lik defoe i dont no

what are your thoughts on defoe?