IGNORED

Blackburn

Josh Berno

Not bad i suppose, we always seem to come into games near the end when we are 1-0 down. I would have loved to beat Blackburn though, they can get annoying sometimes. You only have to look at Savage's mug to work that one out.

Bolton will be revived after their big win, i expect a difficult game again. But IF Yak and Manny are here we can look forward to it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lousy goal to conceed!!...Howard made a howler of that goal!!......Good skills plus some luck made our goal.......We need Big YAK as Johnson can only play well off a big man.First half their defender SAMBA was all over Johnson! When VICK came in, Johnson played better....though we controlled the game, we need a player like MANNY to open up their defence......But both our two new boys had a great game i would say......So please bring in Manny and YAk!! we need them both!!!....

Bill Shankley at times talked a load of shit!But when he said a good big un's better

than a small good un's.....he was right!!

Blackburn were full of decent/good big un's,who out fought us to be fair.

Yobo was good thank God or we would have lost,Lescott when he came on was good,

and Baines had a good first game.Osman amd Carsley were out fought.

Johnson needs help,and we need Fernandes....who will help Arteta who when he had the

ball was again our best player(except for Yobo)

Hibbert will I'm afraid need replacing soon if we are to move on(and I'm a big fan

of his).

Mcfadden did look quite good today,but his service wasn't good.

Blackburn.....hard to beat,will be top 7 no problem.

With Baines,Fernandes,Yakubu,Vaughan and Cahill so will we!

Lets be honest, we played fucking awful for 75 minutes then we deserved a point.

Dunno what happened to Cars but I said were gunna need Victor and we did everyone hit countless long balls up to Johnson again when we were never going to win Samba in the air.

Alot of people blamed Hibbert alot in this game but I notised that we hardly ever had a midfielder close to support him and he ended up trying to mark more than one player. Alot of the time people say he just hits it long and he did alot today but most of the time it was becuase Osman wouldnt go to the line and ask for it off him so he had no other option. He was poor today but im a Hibbert fan and I still think he's got alot to offer our defense.

Jags when he came on was quality, he started anything we did do off and he shown he can tackle, when Fernandes comes in id like to see them both in the center of midfield together.

But untill moyes stops licking Nevilles asshole were not going to get better, he was terrible today, he was still hitting long balls up to A.J when everyone else realised in the later stages nothing was happening from it.

Baines, great début, will be a super signing.

everyone is forgetting about Cahill, once Fernandes Cahill and Yakubu come into the team, were going to be some team:

---------------Howard----------------

Hibbo----Yobo------Lescott---Baines

---------------Jagielka----------------

---Arteta-----Fernandes----Cahill----

----------Yakubu-----Johnson---------

^^ Thats team just makes me want to write it out a 100 times haha..

We only turned up for half an hour of this game, until they scored we were all over them and playing well. Once they scored we fell apart tbh. Our defence looks so dodgy with Stubbs and Hibbert in it and that needs to change next weekend.

Disgraceful team selection by Moyes today. Dropping Lescott for Stubbs was fucking idiotic when he's been our best player since he got here. Hibbert should just fuck off and lie in a gutter somewhere because he is awful. Lescott showed just why he shouldn't have been dropped, once he came on he dominated the Blackburn strikers. Don't be stupid again Moyes FFS.

Sooner or later the usual suspects when it comes to hoofing are going to have to learn that it just doesn't work when we have no height upfront FFS. We helped them today with our long balls, we couldn't win the ball so it was just coming right back at us. AJ's confidence must be fading with the way we play to him. Moyes should have been shouting at them to stop but he seems like us being under pressure.

FINALLY Moyes realises Carsley is past it and gets him off before half time for Jagielka. And Jags showed that he should be playing every week after that MOTM performance, he took charge like no one else did. Absolutely superb this lad is. Baines played as well, I was very pleased with his performance and the LB position is his for the foreseeable future.

Once again it was shown when Arteta is quiet the whole team is quiet. We desperately need Manny in there to help take the burden off of him. Even when he was quiet he still got an assist which shows his class.

Faddy was getting stick from everyone where I was sitting, but I didn't feel it was neccessary. Theres not much he can do with a ball thats in the air and you've got Samba looming over you. Took his goal very well.

Not a very good performance but we managed to steal a point. The team have to improve next week or Bolton will steamroll us like they've just steamrolled Reading.

I don't entirely fault Howard on the goal. Santa Cruz shanked his initial shot...the guys on TV said that if he'd hit it clean Howard was in position for the stop. On top of that, when the ball landed in the box it looked like our defender (not sure if it was Hibbert or Stubbs) actually got to it first and tried to clear it over the goal but hit the bar instead. The recap said it was Gamst who hit the bar but it really looked to me like it was our own guy.

Anyway, I missed the second half because I had to go back to work, but we were playing well enough that I thought we could still get at least a point out of this one. Nice to see I was right. :)

i thought jags was exellent today when he came on. baines was our best player, has a very bright future imo. hibbert was just woeful, and carsley did very little before he went off. but i simply cant believe that moyes hasnt told certain players (*cough* neville and hibbert *cough*) to stop hoofing it up to AJ. it never works and it certainly wasnt gonna work today, with samba being about 9 foot tall.

the 2 new signings who played looked great though, and moyes must play them next week, time to admit defeat - carsley and stubbs are getting too old for regular prem football.

and finally, does anyone know if there are any non-footballing reasons about lescott being dropped? because surely no-one would drop him becos of his performances??

Stubbs is supposed to be the organiser and yet our defence was all over the place when he was on the pitch. The man needs to take his place on the bench and get used to it. That's the worst Everton game I have ever had the misfortune to be in attendance.

ooh i've seen worse, i was unfortunate enough to be at the blackburn game in the cup last season. that made the defence today look brilliant.

Lescott was only on the bench to cover for Baines and Stubbs.Baines has just got

over a hamstring,so Moyes wasn't sure he'd make the whole game.

It was a risk,that neally backfired.

Draw was about right.Blackburn didn't threaten in the second half,and we were

on top untill they scored.

Maybe with Lescott on from the start,and if we had scored first it would have been a

different story.

When Fernandes gets here....we must play it through him and Arteta,if that route

is blocked then look for Yakubu!

Average match, didnt no what howard was doin for the first goal

bu did make up for it l8r on to be fair to him

really impressed with banies, fought he was goin to score 2day lol

terrible decsion to leave lescott out who is are best defender IMO

Always fought we should play jag he was class 2day

mcfadden was average, dont no what has happened to his pace

arteta woke up near the end

Howard

neville yobo lescott banies

Jagielka

Arteta Cahill Fernandes

Johnson yak

^^^^^^^^^^

everton's best team

Moyes has said Stubbs and Carsley were only taken off the pitch because they were injured. So we would have had to put up with a headless chicken doing fuck all and an organiser who couldn't organise if they hadn't gotten injured. Stay injured please.

I was actually hoping they were 2

Average match, didnt no what howard was doin for the first goal

bu did make up for it l8r on to be fair to him

really impressed with banies, fought he was goin to score 2day lol

terrible decsion to leave lescott out who is are best defender IMO

Always fought we should play jag he was class 2day

mcfadden was average, dont no what has happened to his pace

arteta woke up near the end

Howard

neville yobo lescott banies

Jagielka

Arteta Cahill Fernandes

Johnson yak

^^^^^^^^^^

everton's best team

great team, couldnt improve on that :P

fucking awful today, that samba was class today tho. Baines was great, his crosses really caused trouble for blackburn. Anyone see the possesion status in the first half? we had 20% ffs. Hibbert i hope fucks off soon and pip moved to RB.

Pip gave away alot of fouls today. Arteta didnt dfo much till the end. AJ was good but samba made sure he couldnt do anything.

When vic came on it was a good move by moyes, samba couldnt control him.

An improved performance is really needed against bolton now.

P.S. anyone see BK on who wants to be a millionaire tonight? saw him on it whilse out for me tea

Lots of ordinary performances v Blackburn. Most notably Phil Neville (how he didnt get a yellow card is a mystery), Hibbert, AJ, McFadden (suppose he made up for it in the last 15 minutes). Too many to name really.

Baines, Lescott, Jags were the few positives for me. Arteta showed his class towards the end too.

Really need our new signings soon, AJ dont look like a proper centre forward to me. Cant wait to see what Yakubu does.

we played mediocre at best today. i reckon we played really well from the start of the match until blackburn scored. we kind of moped around after that. although we did pick up again towards the end of the half. we play okay second half. great work by arteta on the goal. i don't know why carsley started. pienaar/jags should have started instead of him. assuming the two signings are all sorted out by next weekend, i reckon the starting lineup should be:

-----------------Howard------------------

---Neville---Yobo---Lescott---Baines---

---------------Jagielka-------------------

--Osman/Pienaar---Fernandes---Arteta--

--------Yakubu-------Johnson-------------

Yes, Pienaar does look a good player, I hope he can start too.

HOWARD

NEVILLE

STUBBS (OR YOBO)

LESCOTT

BAINES

ARTETA

JAGIELKA

FERNANDES (hopefully) (or CARSLEY)

PIENAAR

JOHNSON

MCFADDEN (he deserves a start after playing well)

I'd like to say we'd win but i think it'll be a draw 1-1. McFudge for us.

SANTA CRUZ FOR THEM

Top Marks for your prediction Heather_6, hope you had a bet!!! ha ha

P.s. i think hibbert had a shocker... his positioning for me was poor all game especially with their goal!!!

Edited by Sloth101

I think this game shows how badly we need the two signings we are (hopefully) making. Fernades is a must feel carsley and neville in the same midfield line up just does not work, we have nothing to offer going forward with them in the centre. Fernades should create alot more than either of them.

Up front we are full of hard workers but none of them will create something out of nothing but i think yakubu can do that, and not only that but should take more attention away from AJ.

Also think hibbo needs to be replaces just seems to have gone off his game since he came back from injury last season, think jakielka would be ideal in that position.

I thinkthat we have seen in the last 2 games ghat if we come up against teams that put as much effot into there game like we do then we will struggle to score.

Blackburn and Reading were both up for a game of it when we played and it showed.

When we play against teams like that we need to have people like Arteta pulling the strings and if they mark him out of the game that is where we need Cahill or Manny (if signs) to take over as they can't put 2 people on all 3 of them.

no point playing the long ball with Johnson and McFadden as they not stron enough to be able to win anything like that. If got yak then maybe so.

Poor performance today, however we played badly and got a point which is good, so many times last season we played poor and didn;t get anything.

A couple of season before we would play poor and still pick up draws and wins and that is whatyu need i going to finish in the top 6 again.

See what happens against Bolton but I hope that Manny and Yak are signed sealed and delivered by then

I think its was a typical Everton cant be ased performance. Hibbert is lost in his own little world its was his fault bainsey had to clear off the line he never closed the short pass down from the corner. Baines had a great début shame we couldnt win on it for him. Really need to improve against Bolton they will be on a high after there demolishing on Reading who Everton found very difficult for some reason. Its still a improvement on Reading though. :D :D :D

Edited by Josh Berno

all the players i thoguht would do well did what i expected but the weak links in the team let us down consistantly. The likes of hibbo and mcfadden(apart from the goal was poor)

Think Jags deserves right back now as i think he could be good for the team there.

Think moyes has learnt his lesson that is Lesscot dont play expect the conceed goals. ( same for yobo)

Baines has stolen my heart allready just with 1 game.

pienarr deserves a chance as areta is the only mid that really seems to be doing much for me.(in mid)

all the players i thoguht would do well did what i expected but the weak links in the team let us down consistantly. The likes of hibbo and mcfadden(apart from the goal was poor)

Think Jags deserves right back now as i think he could be good for the team there.

Think moyes has learnt his lesson that is Lesscot dont play expect the conceed goals. ( same for yobo)

Baines has stolen my heart allready just with 1 game.

pienarr deserves a chance as areta is the only mid that really seems to be doing much for me.(in mid)

:blink:

Why would he play RB when he's just bossed the midfield? Drop Carsley for Jags, move Pip to right back and play Fernandes.

thats what i thought but nevile picked up a injury in the game. I must admit i liked the way Jags put himself about but its good to have that option of nevile or jags aslong as one is in mid and one is at right back you can even have the freedom to switch them if thing are not so great.

aslong as Hibbo aint playing then im sweet. (he aint good enough)