IGNORED

Motivation!

Here's a tough one!.....How do you motivate a player like Yakubu?

When we signed him he was probably already a millionaire......he could play for

his country...if he wanted to!

Maybe picked up a signing on fee from us......will get a nice fat pay check every week.

That pay check arrives on his door step whether he's playing(or going through the motions)

on the bench....or not even in the squad!

If things went really tit's up for him....and after a short time it doesn't work out for him here,

well then comes another transfer....and signing on fee...and a similar pay check else where.

The richer a person becomes, surely the more distractions there are.....I'm sure most would agree!

I guess certain players will always give 100% no matter how much money they have, people

like Stubbs and David Weir who aren't perhaps the best players in the world but do give

when asked 100%.

So my point was if a player doesn't really want to get on with "the job"....what can you do?

Even the likes of VDM are getting paid big money....and rest assured someone will buy

him from us....just in case he can get over his problems!

Anichebe is young and hungry with a career ahead of him with things to prove, Yakubu on

the other hand is maybe not quite so bothered!

Yakubu has the pedigree!.....Anichebe has the potential!......Who do you pick?

Yakubu=£11 million.....Anichebe=through the youth teams(I think)..so was Vaughan!

At the moment i'd pick Yak as we've just paid alot of money for him and he is a good player - motivated or not he is still a top finisher. However Anichebe for me is still decent and certainly has a presence around him but is only a last 20 mins player as he has been used recently, he seems to cause defences alot of problems.

Motivation though should come from inside and not from external interests such as money, trophies, cars etc. although that is what seems to be the case at the moment. If Yakubu can't be motivated by playing for a massive club with the best fans then he really shouldn't be playing football however i don't really see this as the case as he has looked more like he is lacking fitness than motivation in the past few games.

Anichebe just needs some time to develop and work at his game which means he will have to be content with warming the bench for some time to come. So for me definitly have the Yak although it will be interesting when TC and Jimmy Vaughn are back to see if him or AJ will make way for them.

I'd pick Yakubu every time. I don't rate Anichebe in the slightest, in fact I'd rather play Hibbo upfront ahead of him.

Now if you were to do it between Yak and Vaughan, that would be a much tougher choice and something I'd have to give some thought to.

anichebe does have his uses, he is strong (if a bit rash), holds the ball up and ok in the air. as we saw against metalist, he gets fouled in the area a lot, think he won a couple of pens last season too. his main problem is his first touch is dreadful.

anichebe does have his uses, he is strong (if a bit rash), holds the ball up and ok in the air. as we saw against metalist, he gets fouled in the area a lot, think he won a couple of pens last season too. his main problem is his first touch is dreadful.

His work rate is terrible as well. You often find him knackered after 10 minutes, watching the game pass him by. He doesn't support his strike partner either. Let's add that he's thick as pig shit so doesn't get in the right positions.

Edited by Romey 1878

I'd pick Yakubu every time. I don't rate Anichebe in the slightest, in fact I'd rather play Hibbo upfront ahead of him.

Now if you were to do it between Yak and Vaughan, that would be a much tougher choice and something I'd have to give some thought to.

now i dont rate victor at all myself, but bringing hibbo into the mix just put salt in the wounds!

but on the case of yak being lazy, we knew this before we signed him. running his arse off for the team is not his game at all. hes a goal hanger, a poacher, what ever you want to call it. let the lad hang around near the box, give him the service that suits him best and he will get goals and set up others around him. thats the way hes scored so many goals in the last four years.

Have never seen Yakubu head a ball yet, and is always static waiting for the ball. He looked a bit like Heskey used to be, falling over all the time when tackled. (big fairy).

Some Peeps may not like Annichebe, but you must agree that Victor caused more probs in 15 minutes against UKRAINES, than Yakubu did all night, and i was'nt surprised when he didnt turn out at Villa.