IGNORED

Internationals...

Louis

Nice to see Joleon Lescott earn his first cap today and yet another important goal from McFadden against the Ukraine. I hope they can see off Georgia which leaves the pressure firmly on Italy and France . If England were doing aswell as they are a lot of people would be saying we are certs to win the competition.

Remaining fixtures:

Italy

-----

Georgia (H)

Scotland (A)

Faroe Islands (H)

France

------

Lithuania (H)

Ukraine (A)

Scotland

--------

Georgia (A)

Italy (H)

If France fail to win both their remaining games then 1 win for Scotland sees them through. Assuming France win both then Scotland need to beat Georgia and not lost to Italy to be assured of going through. It's a very tight/exciting group.

"can anyone tell me how joleon played?"

Didnt enhance his chances of playing, but the whole team played crap 2nd half. Barry was man of the match again, but i thought Joe Cole was also in the reckoning, but how they are sticking with Wright Phillips is puzzling me, he must wear the wrong studs on his boots cos he is forever slipping over, another annoying thing is how he tries to pass a ball through defenders, and always hits the 1st defender when trying to get a cross over.

Hurry back Aaron Lennon or David Beckham, they are much better players.

didnt help that he was partly responsible for Ashley Cole's injury (should have cleared it)

I thought he seemed to be waiting a call from the goalkeeper or maybe even Cole who could see the whole story unfolding....ie the attacker, Lescott and Robinson! Poor piece of defending by all three.

Let's hope Gerrard keeps up THAT form!!....Neville looked more composed at full back!

England player???

maybe blue is refering to the point that if gerrard keeps up "THAT" form the it puts him in great sted from our point of view for the derby.

I only saw the last half hour which was pretty dull but lescott did ok while not having to defend much and got up resonably well.

why gerrard didn't take a shot when he had the chance after rooney had put him through baffles me, is he left or right footed? i always thought he could strike with both but if his right is any good then he could have easily scored with that chance when he turned the defender.

Joe Cole looked outstanding, great skills but also a lot of strength as they were often blocking him off after he'd played the ball through but he'd muscle his way through to keep going.

I personally hope lescott doesn't play as it'll give him a break before the derby, the match today should boost his confidence and put him in good spirits for the game Saturday. I don't see him starting on Wednesday, he'll more than likely move barry to left back and go with one of the regular choices as centre. Lescott will probably be on the bench.

good stuff from McFadden again, hopefully he can carry it into the weekend and beyond. Hopefully Scotland can knock out one of the big guns after some excellent performances.

Any 1 see Spains 1st goal V Denmark ?

Floated ball in to Box, a smidgen of a defensive head would have sorted it.

Kroldrup watches the thing near shave his forhead with a statues movemnent ( None -> stood ball watching) str8 on to a spaniards Noggin, 0-1.

Everyone seemed to slaughter Lescott (views on teletext) granted they were either Man ure fans or red shite but at the end of the day, we didnt concede when he was on. It was the guys first start for England, give him a few more games before anyone starts critcising him, nerves were bound to play a part. Am not that big a follower of England anyway, what he does for us is more important in my opinion.

Everyone seemed to slaughter Lescott (views on teletext) granted they were either Man ure fans or red shite but at the end of the day, we didnt concede when he was on.

How many of the rs fans were willing to accept that captain fantastic had a crap game?

Lescott will play better than that! It's all a bit new to him, new team mates and such.Plus lets remember the whole England team were pretty poor second half.

Emglish football must be in a sad state to rely on an off form goalkeeper and Phil Neville for their defence.To be fair Neville didn't do too bad though.Wonder why he didn't get a game in midfield :huh:

"Emglish football must be in a sad state to rely on an off form goalkeeper and Phil Neville for their defence.To be fair Neville didn't do too bad though.Wonder why he didn't get a game in midfield"

neville's natural position is defense

that's what he played at ManU

although he's been playing most of his club football in the midfield

so i see what you mean

Hi all, not a Toffee fan but fair play to your lot this season, have done extremely well so far - good luck in the UEFA Cup.

Wondered what you thought of "The boy who can do no wrong" Steven Gerrard's performance on Saturday? I made a little video about it if you missed it - this won him the Man of the Match award in the Observer.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pYHggzKlAi4