IGNORED

Larissa

Sickboy

I know we need to play 2 his strengths but he hasnt earned a blue jersey IMO, even if the system doesnt suit you theres plenty you can do to help the team an Yak needs to realise that sooner rather than later!!

No1 realises Yakubu isnt an Andy Johnson type player, he doesnt run down the channels like a headless chicken, he's a box player who will score goals when provided, he's had id say about 3 decent chances to score over the time he's played for us, and he's scored 2 of them and set up a goal, not only that he's settling in to Liverpool, he's only been here a month is it? give him a chance ffs, start him for the next 5 games then if he isnt SCORING because thats what we have got him for, then yes, maybe he's not right for us, but the 4 5 1 will definatly get him more goals, Graveson will aswell, what a pass that was when he came on.

Edited by Blue4Ever

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I was pretty angry when I first seen the formation last night, then I looked at who was actually playing and seen our midfield had attack written all over it (thankfully). That was the best I've seen us play for a good while (still not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination though). I think in part, though, the crowd stopped us playing hoofball because for the first quarter we hoofed and didn't want to keep hold of the ball but the crowd got quickly frustrated and it stopped (to a degree). The FOOTBALL in the second half was very nice to watch, and shows what we can do when we take time on the ball.

McFudge was hung out to dry by Moyes IMO. He is not a player who should be upfront with a player who is not match fit (Cahill), meaning Faddy had to chase everything instead of being were he should be. And we knocked too many high balls up to him when he needs it at his feet. The entire defence was better tonight (still no cleansheet though), although, Hibbert was a weak link with his positional play but played better than he usually does. The midfield looked good for a change as well, why is that? Probably because we actually gave them the ball and didn't miss them out like usual. Carsley had a decent game, but he can only play in this formation and it's not a formation that should be played week in week out. Osman and Arteta were superb and did everything asked of them, brilliant build up play and finish for our second goal too. How good is it to have Timmy back? He was a little off pace at times but he brought a spark to our side that's been missing.

Overall, good performance and 451 worked but should not be seen as our first choice formation.

Quality Romey, I couldn't agree more.

No1 realises Yakubu isnt an Andy Johnson type player, he doesnt run down the channels like a headless chicken, he's a box player who will score goals when provided, he's had id say about 3 decent chances to score over the time he's played for us, and he's scored 2 of them and set up a goal, not only that he's settling in to Liverpool, he's only been here a month is it? give him a chance ffs, start him for the next 5 games then if he isnt SCORING because thats what we have got him for, then yes, maybe he's not right for us, but the 4 5 1 will definatly get him more goals, Graveson will aswell, what a pass that was when he came on.

Well said Blue4Ever, exactly what I was thinking.

I think we miss Cars and Timmy when they don't play, and having Tommy coming off the bench is fantastic. I still think Victor has proven that he's too young to start, but is great coming off the bench -- give the lad time, yeah.

Also, I think Ossie and Pienaar's games suit European football A LOT more than perhaps the Prem. I think that's true especially with Ossie.

Much better, more professional performance. Still think we are a little naive about european football, Larrissa started to put some moves together and were getting easy free kicks.

The goals were all fantastic, particularly Osman's, what a team goal, and what a back heel from Pienaar, great awareness. Our passing has got to start getting better though, we are giving the ball away to easily and we seem to love playing the ball into danger.

Cahill certainly made a difference, and looks very sharp considering his layoff. I will disagree with most comments on here about Graveson. The impetus totally changed when he came on. He may run round like a headless chicken, but Larissa weren't able to cope with the energy from the Blues. Lescott was fantastic and I thought Yobo had a good game as captsin. HE seemed to focus more on the game than usual, however, he still had his 5 minute mid second half kip. Got to get those ZZZZs in.

Finally, I think Moyes is making a good move leaving Yakubu off. Although he chased back in the derby, once I think, he just doesn't do enough for the team, and still isn't showing any sign of being potent in front of goal. I am not saying he hasn't got talent or a good record. I do think he will score, but I am strating to think that DM is starting to think he made a mistake and I will not be surprised if he is gone at the end of the season. Anichebe caused them loads of problems last night and just has so much poise under pressure for a lad of his age, and with Vaughan returning in the near future, McFaddden's sudden rise and Cahills return, not to mention our resident dynamo AJ, I wonder exaclty how Yakubu will even get a place in the team.

Just one more thing. Why do people pay to get in to watch their beloved blues, only to leave 5 minutes before the end. F***ing annoying gits. Was a great game and was finishing well and I felt like a bloody jack in the box.

• 2 weeks later...