IGNORED

Larissa

Sickboy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did we learn tonight...?

Anichebe - not our most sophisticated forward but most effective possibly.

McFadden - worked very hard but clearly isn't a target man (unlike Big Vic)

Graveson - some lovely interchanges with Mikel but headless (surprise suprise). Off the pace but to be fair hasn't played much. Disappointing.

Pienaar - good little player, some nice touches

Lescott - show me a better attacking centre back in the country?

Baines - quality going forward gives us a totally new dimension. Can get caught out of position in defense though.

Arteta - thought he was a little flashy tonight without much end result. Does some amazing stuff but thought he was playing about with it a bit too much tonight.

Osman - I'm his biggest critic but he was good tonight. Kept ball very well and awesome goal!

The goal we conceeded. Stupid. Unlike Howard to be so daft.

I really felt in the second half we were lacking a captain (and not shitty Neville). We really need a Viera, Keane type player.

Final mention is to Carsley who is without a doubt our best defensive midfielder. We are so much more solid wih him.

Well done lads... We played some good football tonight, not a fan of mcfadden up front, well I aint a fan of his at all tbh he done fuck all first half.

is it just me or since Howard came back from this injury he doesnt look as confident?

The hole midfield were great today, SEE WHAT WE CAN DO WITHOUT NEVILLE MOYES!

To many people are blaming Hibbert for our defense playing poor, Arteta hardly ever supported him tonight and he was 2 v 1 quite a few times down the wing.

Osman - shown how a center midfielder should play tonight.

Made up to see Tommy back, he looked a bit off the pace but some of them passes were quality.

Cahill well done lad, he played well and will improve as he gets back to full fitness.

IMO Yak should be tryed next game in the role mcfadden was today, im sure he would have bagged a few if he'd had been on.

What did we learn tonight...?

Anichebe - not our most sophisticated forward but most effective possibly.

McFadden - worked very hard but clearly isn't a target man (unlike Big Vic)

Graveson - some lovely interchanges with Mikel but headless (surprise suprise). Off the pace but to be fair hasn't played much. Disappointing.

Pienaar - good little player, some nice touches

Lescott - show me a better attacking centre back in the country?

Baines - quality going forward gives us a totally new dimension. Can get caught out of position in defense though.

Arteta - thought he was a little flashy tonight without much end result. Does some amazing stuff but thought he was playing about with it a bit too much tonight.

Osman - I'm his biggest critic but he was good tonight. Kept ball very well and awesome goal!

The goal we conceeded. Stupid. Unlike Howard to be so daft.

I really felt in the second half we were lacking a captain (and not shitty Neville). We really need a Viera, Keane type player.

Final mention is to Carsley who is without a doubt our best defensive midfielder. We are so much more solid wih him.

What!! No mention for Cahill :o Theres a saying "Credit where credits due'.

For me he was excellent tonight. Did in 14 minutes what AJ took about 500 minutes to do this season and played a big part in the second goal. A bit of a cliche but He gives us a different dimension.

And to think there were idiots on this forum in the off season suggesting that we sell him to get 2 midfielders in his place. Cahill is worth 3 Nevilles, 4 Jagielkas and about 8 Van der Meydes.

What!! No mention for Cahill :o Theres a saying "Credit where credits due'.

For me he was excellent tonight. Did in 14 minutes what AJ took about 500 minutes to do this season and played a big part in the second goal. A bit of a cliche but He gives us a different dimension.

And to think there were idiots on this forum in the off season suggesting that we sell him to get 2 midfielders in his place. Cahill is worth 3 Nevilles, 4 Jagielkas and about 8 Van der Meydes.

right on mate B)

Hey Pals...Help me out on these please (if you can)......

1) Was Ibrahima Bakayoko the shite player he was when he played for us or was he much better as known for his flair and tricks?

2)Is there any links to watch the entire game or at least the goals?

Thanks a million!!

Cheers!!

4-5-1 seems to be the system Moyes is comfortable with cos then he can play with a couple of footballers in the team, obviously had one eye on the league match coming up without Neville And Hibbert.

Think he should play Jagielka Fullback and Anichebe up front and leave the rest as it was, best midfield performance of the season imo,

Arteta needs to stop showboating and help out the fullback, mikki had a lot of the ball last night but seemed content to hold onto it until he was fouled, not very productive in the end but an improvement on his recent games.

Carsley.. had a good solid game throwing himself into the tackles, covered a lot of ground and is still the Boss man playing in the holding role.

Cahill.. Glad to see him back, covers a lot of ground, is always in the penalty area to cause problems, and always likely to get us a goal, welcome back Tim.

Osman ... Another good performance from Leon, put in the usual stint of hard work but also played his part in most of the football that was played through the middle, one Assist and a Super goal was just reward.

Pienaar ... Wish he was 6 inches bigger and a stone heavier, but still seems to be getting better every week, nice that he stayed for the 90 minutes,(or maybe 88mins) he is obviously getting up to speed with the prem pace and is always looking to play football, had another decent game.

Graveson..... looked slow and Heavy when he came on, but hasnt played for a long time, he must get himself fitter if he wants to push for a regular start.

A final word on McFadden .. Moyes did him no favours by playing him up on his own, he looked like a fish out of water and did nothing of any note, he is not a target man, and he has'nt got the speed of Johnson to make it work, wonder if Anichebe has earned his place or will Yakubu make an appearance on Sunday.

Best passing display I have seen form an everton team all season. Does moyes tell them to play long ball ?? surely not. We played in on the floor and with players like piernar cahill osman who can keep it we looked amazing. Carsley for our best player. I also think it was good to see a CM like Osman drop deep to pick the ball up- off the defence we should play the same team against Derby and hammer them. My other thoughts are about faddy he isn't a loan striker and I would wonder wether Yak can play that roll either. I think AJ VIC and JV can defo play in a 451 so lets push on.

i think moyes realised we cant defend in europe so a 3 man central midfield was necessary and it worked. kudos Davie, 2nd goal was sexual, shows what can happen when it is played on the deck. well done all, AZ and Zenit drew in st petersberg so we are top of group A and guess who is bottom of group A? Yes luckypool. :)

McFadden didn't play badly, he just isn't suited to a lone striker as he has none of the attributes required, that's not his fault though. Gravesen set up the third goal, nearly set up another goal and looked instantly comfortable on the ball, I thought he did pretty well considering how little he's played in months. Carsley was excellent, but once again another abysmal defensive mistake, Howard and Lescott to be blamed, after which our defence looked unbelievably shakey for 10 mins or so. Good goal by Anichebe, but when he starts matches he looks ineffective. If we're going to play 451 (which for most tough games we should imo) then it has to be AJ or Vaughan up front, they can make it work. As I've been saying for months, our midfielders all play far better in a 5 man midfield and our defence looks far more solid, with Arteta on set-pieces and Cahill in midfield we'll always get goals. All we need it some pace back up front and with a 451 we'll start to rocket up the table, that being said I'd probably go 442 at the weekend until AJ or Vaughan is back, in fact I'd go 442 most games except for those teams who have a strong midfield or away from home against the big boys.

Edited by carlmc25

Moyes does tell us play the long ball, I distinctly heard through the mic last night "hit it long" from Moyes.

First off I was pretty angry when I first seen the formation last night, then I looked at who was actually playing and seen our midfield had attack written all over it (thankfully). That was the best I've seen us play for a good while (still not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination though). I think in part, though, the crowd stopped us playing hoofball because for the first quarter we hoofed and didn't want to keep hold of the ball but the crowd got quickly frustrated and it stopped (to a degree). The FOOTBALL in the second half was very nice to watch, and shows what we can do when we take time on the ball.

McFudge was hung out to dry by Moyes IMO. He is not a player who should be upfront with a player who is not match fit (Cahill), meaning Faddy had to chase everything instead of being were he should be. And we knocked too many high balls up to him when he needs it at his feet. The entire defence was better tonight (still no cleansheet though), although, Hibbert was a weak link with his positional play but played better than he usually does. The midfield looked good for a change as well, why is that? Probably because we actually gave them the ball and didn't miss them out like usual. Carsley had a decent game, but he can only play in this formation and it's not a formation that should be played week in week out. Osman and Arteta were superb and did everything asked of them, brilliant build up play and finish for our second goal too. How good is it to have Timmy back? He was a little off pace at times but he brought a spark to our side that's been missing.

Overall, good performance and 451 worked but should not be seen as our first choice formation.

The thing is, because Anichebe who has came off the bench and played well the last 2 european games and scored, moyes is probably going to start him against derby and imo he looks alot better coming off the bench, same with mcfadden, even though he was on his own up front he done fuck all, missed a sitter Yakubu would have put in, moyes is sending the wrong message out to Yakubu putting him 3rd choice at the moment, he played the best game he's has all season against the shite and he benches him the next game. Yak would have got a few last night, there defense were poor, had no pace at all.

against the big teams 4 5 1 is defo the way to play but we need to sort out a formation out which plays 2 strikers which we will need against the lower teams who play for the point.

Edited by Blue4Ever

The thing is, because Anichebe who has came off the bench and played well the last 2 european games and scored, moyes is probably going to start him against derby and imo he looks alot better coming off the bench, same with mcfadden, even though he was on his own up front he done fuck all, missed a sitter Yakubu would have put in, moyes is sending the wrong message out to Yakubu putting him 3rd choice at the moment, he played the best game he's has all season against the shite and he benches him the next game. Yak would have got a few last night there defense were awful.

I know we need to play 2 his strengths but he hasnt earned a blue jersey IMO, even if the system doesnt suit you theres plenty you can do to help the team an Yak needs to realise that sooner rather than later!!

Think DM might offload Yak next season, Cant do it this season because he's already played for us and Boro this season.

Once James Vaughan comes back playing regularly i can see Yak slipping to 4th Choice behind James, Andrew, and Victor.

Dont think he's a player that fits the Moyes Mould anyway, so i was a bit surprised when he bought him, Panic buy Maybe after Vaughans injury.??