IGNORED

Larissa

Sickboy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd give you 100/1 on vaughan starting, he'll definatley not start in an important UEFA cup game when not fully fit and not played any games all season.

I doubt Moyes will even have him on the bench, with yakubu, mcfadden and anichebe all available to play Vaughan won't get a look in for this game. If anything he'll get some time on the field in the Carling Cup next week.

i expect to see some action from cahill tomorrow though it may only be as sub depending on how confident moyes is about his fitness, no point rushing him if he's not fully fit.

We must win this game though, we've been lucky in getting the 2 games we need to win first, larissa and nurenburg are the two easier of the 4 games and if we win them then were virtually through.

"Tim wasn’t passed fit on Saturday, he’s trained for the last two or three days. The real problem with these players is that they’ve lacked match practice – they’ve not been able to get that, and that’s a decision we need to decide and look to see whether they’re right to start or whether they’re right to come off the bench."

James Vaughan is another player nearing a return to action but he will not figure on Thursday because of a minor thigh strain.

Everton from: Howard, Wessels, Hibbert, Jagielka, Neville, Yobo, Lescott, Stubbs, Baines, Osman, Cahill, Arteta, Gravesen, Carsley, Pienaar, McFadden, Anichebe, Yakubu.

I don't care who plays tomorrow, they had all better pull their heads out of their arses. I'm taking my lad to Goodison for his second game and the last time I took him, (Blackburn last season) they were shite.

We are all proud of the club and all it has achieved in the past, but just because we are in the Uefa Cup is not all that. It's a damned sight better than years gone by, but we are supposed to be moving forwards. As I said, whoever plays, bear this in mind and just remember who pays your wages!!!!!! I am getting tired of the Blue cross we have all been carrying around, that leads us to hope before crushing all it into smithereens in a puff of poor attitude.

Actually, one player I want to start, Pienaar. Where was he on Saturday Moyes? And Baines come to mention it. Probably our two most consistent performers outside of Lescott. I am not an FA card carrying manager, but anyone can see this logic, surely????

COYB

I rekon moyes will pick:

----------------Howard-----------------

Hibbo----Stubbs----Yobo------Lescott

Arteta----Neville---Jagielka----Pienaar

-----------Yakubu---Mcfadden---------

wouldnt play that myself like, theres long ball players throughout it, if we want to get anywhere in this cup then we need to learn how to play footie.

Again I harp back to the point about creativityand the lack of over the last 3 months.

We have in the squad a player like VDM who on his day could change a game if we keep him we play him when required and fod Funk sake he has been required in some of the awful displays I have seen. Moyes needs to put up or shut up. Baines again why has he been dropped he hasn't put a foot wrong.

WHATS THE OBSESSION WITH PLAYING THE LONG BALL GAME

Confidence at the moment is a bit low, but as we showed against the kopites we can play some good football! We need this win tonight, and also a win against Derby to change things around. Lets all have a bit of faith for Moyes and the boys tonight!! Oh and the gobshites did lose last night, makes it even more sweet when we win.

Again I harp back to the point about creativityand the lack of over the last 3 months.

when We have in the squad a player like VDM who on his day could change a game if we keep him we play him as required and fod Funk sake he has been required in some of the awful displays I have seen. Moyes needs to put up or shut up. Baines again why has he been dropped he hasn't put a foot wrong.

FFS when are you going to wake up to the fact that he will never play for us again he's gone past it, for 3 seasons before he even joined us his playing record was 21 appearances, :o IN 3 SEASONS. :o

So his problems over Fitness (be it through Drink or self inflicted Injuries) Has been around for 5 years, he is not going to change now, or get any better so Forget him.

Moyes has woken up to that fact, so why dont you. Evertons worst ever Buy.

Confidence at the moment is a bit low, but as we showed against the kopites we can play some good football! We need this win tonight, and also a win against Derby to change things around. Lets all have a bit of faith for Moyes and the boys tonight!! Oh and the gobshites did lose last night, makes it even more sweet when we win.

Sorry mate, but we really didn't.

I think what he is trying to say is that apart from the first 10-15 minutes, we were the better side and even with 10 and 9 men, caused them problems.

At any rate, nothing can now change that result, lets just hope the boys show us they can play tonight. I am getting tired of the mediocre performances this season, we are a much better side than we are showing, even with injuries.

I think what he is trying to say is that apart from the first 10-15 minutes, we were the better side and even with 10 and 9 men, caused them problems.

At any rate, nothing can now change that result, lets just hope the boys show us they can play tonight. I am getting tired of the mediocre performances this season, we are a much better side than we are showing, even with injuries.

B)

We could do with a real good performance tonight couldnt we :rolleyes:

Sorry not been around for a while to give me usual score forcast that seems to help.

Need a good performance and think a few "key" players need some decent performers.

Normally if Arteta plays well then we as a team play well so if can get him on the ball and causing havock then then we will go on to win well.

If they manage to keep him quite which I would expect there game plan to be then might need a bit of magic from someone.

Yak I think is getting more to the sort of player DM would expect in that is running against the Redshite was better (even tracking all the way back to edge of our pen area and winning the ball

he is another one that needs a good game along with Ossie

Would expect neville or Jags to be at right back as would rather have an attacking midfield than Neville or Jags sitting there.

Would also like to see Baines brought back into left back and Lescott pushed over into centre along with Yobo

Howard

Jags, Yobo, Lescott, Baines

Piennar, Ossie, Cahill, Arteta

yaks, Victor

I thought that Yaks and Victor didn't play to bad agaisnt the redshite and caused them some problems but just wish that we would get the ball on the floor and pass it around instead of lumping it forward at most times.

Arteta is the key for me if plays well then going for a 4 v 1 win

If struggles then can see then getting an early goal and sitting back on it for a 1 v 1 draw

David Moyes has given Tim Cahill his first start of the season for the opening game of Uefa Cup Group A.

The Aussie midfielder is in the side to face Larissa at Goodison (kick-off 8pm), with Joseph Yobo wearing the skipper's armband in the absence of the rested Phil Neville and Alan Stubbs.

Leighton Baines returns to the starting line-up along with Steven Pienaar, James McFadden and Lee Carsley.

Carsley and Cahill are joined in midfield by Mikel Arteta, Pienaar and Leon Osman.

The game marks Arteta's 100th outing for the Blues.

McFadden will lead the line alone with Cahill providing support.

Thomas Gravesen, who is fit again after a lay-off with a knee problem, is amongst the substitutes.

The rest of the bench is made up of Stefan Wessels, Stubbs, Phil Jagielka, Nuno Valente, Yakubu and Victor Anichebe.

4-5-1....didn't see that coming. But it's an attacking midfield. Gonna be good enough for 3-1 in my humble opinion.

The season re-starts here!

Edited by MikeO

David Moyes has given Tim Cahill his first start of the season for the opening game of Uefa Cup Group A.

The Aussie midfielder is in the side to face Larissa at Goodison (kick-off 8pm), with Joseph Yobo wearing the skipper's armband in the absence of the rested Phil Neville and Alan Stubbs.

Leighton Baines returns to the starting line-up along with Steven Pienaar, James McFadden and Lee Carsley.

Carsley and Cahill are joined in midfield by Mikel Arteta, Pienaar and Leon Osman.

The game marks Arteta's 100th outing for the Blues.

McFadden will lead the line alone with Cahill providing support.

Thomas Gravesen, who is fit again after a lay-off with a knee problem, is amongst the substitutes.

The rest of the bench is made up of Stefan Wessels, Stubbs, Phil Jagielka, Nuno Valente, Yakubu and Victor Anichebe.

4-5-1....didn't see that coming. But it's an attacking midfield. Gonna be good enough for 3-1 in my humble opinion.

The season re-starts here!

:thumbsup_still: :thumbsup_still: a positive team lineup for a change, welldone moyes

4-5-1 formation

Lots of changes and a return from Cahill,

I like it and think moyes is doing the old squad rotation thing, shows hes not as supid as some poeple would have you believe

451 GET IN, I've been calling for this for weeks, we'll stuff them. Our midfield will be transformed in a 5 especially once Gravesen is back.

Edited by carlmc25

Actually think Pienaar's had a couple of decent moments, slipped Cahil in nicely when McFadden fanned from the 6.

Overall nothing doing really, bit of a snoozer. Was quite nervous at the start but Larissa don't seem to have come to play (knock on wood). Maybe Gravo in for Cahil at 60 and the Yak to relieve McFadden. Hopefully the wingers can start making some runs. This over the top garbage is just not working (not that anyone really thought it would with McFadden alone up top...)